iPhone Need to separate led/digitiser from glass front ...

Rs2k_Rider

DW's Resident Medic
Reaction score
Hi all

My darling daughter broke her iPhone 5c screen 10 days after me replacing it !! (Partly my fault as I forgot too order her case)

Anyways, I have purchased a glass repair kit that comes with the front glass, glue and glue dissolver.

Does anyone have a walk through on how to do this ? I have seen one with a heat gun on the glass too remove the broken bits but don't know if my hot Air station will work ? Also seen same way but with hot wire as well ....

Is it glued to the digitizer as Samsung Note3, S5 > ?

Skickat från min D5803 via Tapatalk

IF it is, well... I wish u the best when u gonna glue the new back on.

Anyways. To remove the glass use your hairdryer.
Dont make it warmer than ure able to touch the glass.
If u heat it up to much u likely will damage the digitizer.
If u dont heat it up enough the glue wont come off.

On my Note3 i used the hairdryer and heated up the glass so it was unfomfertable to touch it, then used razorblades and gentleman started pealing the glass of.

U should be able to get it of easily ;)

Yeah it's glued. I have hot rework tool that I can set temp on. But unsure of how too actually peel it off without the Lcd breaking :-/ got uv nail dryer too set the uv glue so that should be okay

What i did on my Note3 which is glued as yourself was using several razorblades.
Started heating up in a corner the gently push one razorblade between glass and digitizer. Then i started heating up again, used the allready mounted razorblade to gently lift up the glass so i could get the next razorblade in between digitizer and glass.
Not to close to the allready mounted one, but not to far away either as u wanna try to open the bottom or top part of the glass from left to right.

Think i used 3 bladez for doing that. One in each corner and one in the middle.

When done u push in another blade next to the one u got in the corner and start working your way against the next corner.
Do this on both sides.
Soon enough u got 3sides covered and can start putting some pressure on the blades bending them so they make the glass lets loose from the middle

Just keeper heating constantly more or less. That way u save alot of struggle as the glue wont hold back the glass.

Not worth the hassle unless you have the right gear imo.
At the very least you really need a template to align the digitiser with the lcd. You only need to be a fraction out and the repaired assembly either won't fit back in the case or it may fit but be under compression. In which case the digitiser can crack for no "apparent" reason.

Soz... But a template?
Doubt putting the glas back on in the correct position is an issue as the frame is as tight it gets, so either u get it correct not. If the latter u notice that at once.
More important to make sure theres no junk between the glas and digitizer or frame as an airpocket between the above will make the glass fragile as f...
As my Note3's glas was shattered badly i had issues with just that as tiny pieces u hardly could see ended up between glas and frame.

Def seriusly hard if it was a samsung etc then yes.the hardest thing is not getting your back light covered in loca.
You can get them as cheap as 20 and a 5-10 min fix.

Sent from my LG-D855 using Tapatalk

Soz... But a template?
Doubt putting the glas back on in the correct position is an issue as the frame is as tight it gets, so either u get it correct not. If the latter u notice that at once.
More important to make sure theres no junk between the glas and digitizer or frame as an airpocket between the above will make the glass fragile as f...
As my Note3's glas was shattered badly i had issues with just that as tiny pieces u hardly could see ended up between glas and frame.

"Soz... But a template?"
Obtainable in quite a few places, the template or jig for the iphone 5c also does for the 5 and 5s. I wonder why they bother?

"Doubt putting the glas back on in the correct position is an issue as the frame is as tight it gets"
Aah, that's why they bother.

Back