need to downgrade from 3.90 m33-2

right I have a datel battery coming tommorrow or friday but I need a magick stick for this to work, but I don't have another psp to make the stick. Is there any1 out there generous enough to make a stick for me i'll send my stick to you.

right I have a datel battery coming tommorrow or friday but I need a magick stick for this to work, but I don't have another psp to make the stick. Is there any1 out there generous enough to make a stick for me i'll send my stick to you.

There are lots of us mate. You can send it to me if you want. But I am in Japan. lol. If you can format the memory stick using MrDudes GUI, then use these files that I have created and uploaded.

http://rapidshare.com/files/68927669/Pandora_Slim_Files.rar

These files will do both a fat and slim.

ok I think I got it working but not sure, I've got hold of a psp runnin 1.50 if I turn it off, take out battery, put in magic stick, put in pandora battery, what happens if the psp isn't bricked cos this keeps goin straight into the xmb

Last edited:
put in magic stick, put in pandora battery, what happens if the psp isn't bricked cos this keeps goin straight into th xmb

if it's going straight to the XMB then the battery isnt pandora.
if the battery and memory stick were created propperly and doing what you say above then it would boot to the pandora menu giving the options to up or downgrade even if it wasnt bricked.

if the battery was pandora then the PSP would not boot to the XMB from the battery, it would only boot to the XMB from the ac adaptor (with battery out)

Last edited:
the battery should be a pandora cause it's one of the datel ones I got from amazon
[ame]http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/ASIN/B000W4HSHC/ref=ord_cart_shr?%5Fencoding=UTF8&m=A3P5ROKL5A1OLE[/ame]

the battery should be a pandora cause it's one of the datel ones I got from amazon
http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/ASIN/B000W4HSHC/ref=ord_cart_shr?_encoding=UTF8&m=A3P5ROKL5A1OLE

is the ac adaptor in or out?
take out the battery and ac adaptor

then put the memory stick in then the battery.

if it boots to the XMB then there is a problem with the battery.

with my datel battery and my normal battery (when pandora) with the magic memory stick in it boots to the service menu.

if there is no memory stick in or its not made correctly then the PSP will do nothing (just a green light)

thats why when you convert your own battery to return it to normal you have to plug the ac adaptor in, turn it on, then insert the battery because unless you have dual boot then the PSP will not start to the XMB from the pandora battery alone.

the ac isn't in and I presume that it isn't the battery. is there anything you would need to run on 1.5 for this to work and also whats the best method to create the stick.

the easiest way to do the memory stick on a 1.5 PSP is mr dudes gui https://www.digitalworldz.co.uk/index.php?resources/1742/

do everything as instructed except create the battery (as you have the datel battery)

there is nothing else you need to run. ive been doing these for a long time now and like i said, you should not beable to boot to the XMB from the datel battery alone.

Last edited by a moderator:
ive been doing these for a long time now and like i said, you should not beable to boot to the XMB from the datel battery alone.

i'm not booting with the battery alone, i'm using a stick as well but I always thought it shouldn't boot into the xmb with the stick and battery

i'm not booting with the battery alone, i'm using a stick as well but I always thought it shouldn't boot into the xmb with the stick and battery

as i said above

if the memory stick has been setup correctly, when inserting the datel battery the PSP will boot straight away (no need to turn it on) to the pandora service menu and not the XMB.

if the memory stick isnt in or has not been setup correctly then when inserting the datel battery the PSP would do nothing. all you would get is a green light as if it was bricked.

so with or without the memory stick the PSP should not boot to the XMB from the datel battery.

@ janobi

who let the dogs out......:Clap:

Last edited:
OK thanks guys for all your help, finally got it to work, followed a guide on youtube and it worked a charm, so just out of curiosity can this downgrade any psp to a 1.50? can it do slims?

Last edited:
OK thanks guys for all your help, finally got it to work, followed a guide on youtube and it worked a charm, so just out of curiosity can this downgrade any psp to a 1.50? can it do slims?

glad to hear it :)

mr dudes and disinter will downgrade any FAT psp to 1.5 or even flash 3.80 M33 directly without downgrading.

you cant use mr dudes gui on a slim though because a slim PSP cant be downgraded to 1.5.
you would need to use disinter which will flash 3.80 M33.

Back