Need some help with D1000

Happy Joe

Inactive User
Reaction score
Hi All
I need some help or advice with a strange issue I am having.
I have a couple of D1000's and in a TW area. A week or so ago the box reset and now only comes up with PACE on the LCD and on the TV it says "Please do not switch off, Your set top box is being updated This may take a few minutes"

I am unable to boot into the eng menu, tried a force update but that kept going all night and was still running in the morning. Pulled the red jumper, no luck.

Strange thing is even without a feed these boxes will boot and show this message on screen in like 5 secs.
These were working fine before and never had issues.

I have an old 4000 that I am tring to bring back to life but having netid issues with that right now but can boot into eng menu and everything on that box but will ask for help if I really stuck with that one.

Any ideas?

Cheers

Joe

Hi All
I need some help or advice with a strange issue I am having.
I have a couple of D1000's and in a TW area. A week or so ago the box reset and now only comes up with PACE on the LCD and on the TV it says "Please do not switch off, Your set top box is being updated This may take a few minutes"

I am unable to boot into the eng menu, tried a force update but that kept going all night and was still running in the morning. Pulled the red jumper, no luck.

Strange thing is even without a feed these boxes will boot and show this message on screen in like 5 secs.
These were working fine before and never had issues.

I have an old 4000 that I am tring to bring back to life but having netid issues with that right now but can boot into eng menu and everything on that box but will ask for help if I really stuck with that one.

Any ideas?

Cheers

Joe
the 1000 boxes are fooked i have seen this before and tried to rectifiy the problem

i reflowed the nvram reflowed the atmels i did get them up and running aging with a sim swaop but not for long goes back to the way they where contineous updating the 4000 u can rest then net id with the netid funcard setter u have to pull the jumper first
then boot into engineers menu then set default frequncy then insert card and leave it itwill reboot and update with the netid and pin set
but remember to do this u need to know the ird and bk

Thanks David.

I guess I will give up on those boxes then.

The 4000 just not want to reset to the right netid.
Gonna try changing the battery on it and see if that helps solve the problem.

Cheers

Joe

the 4000 u could use scart to serial to change the net id

the 1000 boxes are fooked i have seen this before and tried to rectifiy the problem

defo........i've seen a few of these to lately...seems strange how they all seem to be happening around the same time....The 1000 used to be the best, easy to do and never no hassle.....lol a friend did replace something on the board..probley what u said u done...so far so good, but for how long..???

Hi m8
Some times when these atties take the update, the flash gets crupted. You need to prog them with the present flash dump.

Hi m8
Some times when these atties take the update, the flash gets crupted. You need to prog them with the present flash dump.
the ones i checked where on the latest software
so not corupt how do u explain getting it going for a bit with a different sim??
then it fooking up again

so not corupt how do u explain getting it going for a bit with a different sim??
then it fooking up again

you could have run the software from the sim dave......this still works on tw m8

stops the looking for an update problem on the 1000s

you could have run the software from the sim dave......this still works on tw m8

stops the looking for an update problem on the 1000s
no m8 was an ordinary sim not a modifyed one

then it fooking up again

It may sound weired m8 lol but this does cure it and its still working

Back