Need help with Kodi on Amazon fire stick

kegnkiwi

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
Hi guys I need some help with kodi on firestick, I've got kodi installed isengard 15.1 i have installed it via adbfire 129. I have it installed and set up a repo the one from montreal, I have installed salt, and mutts nuts. I have previously also installed genisis. The problem is it not finding any files and I know its not down to the proxies as I got the same working on my htc one m8 phone. On salt I can even search for the shows I want to watch find them select the series and the episode but I try to get it fetch links it saying opening stream then its says no sources found check log. Nothing will play. I'M stuck oh and by the way youtube plays.

Half the stuff on S.A.L.T is like that.
Not sure what the montreal repo is.
Genisis plays perfect on firestick.
Mutts nutts is playing ok as well.
I installed salt from the tk norris repo
Mutts nutts from jasonpc repo and works fine.

mutts nuts genesis & movie night for me if watching movies all excellent

I have this problem usually when my internet speed is slow.

I don't think it's download speed as I am on infinity with 38mb down. All working on Pi with same set up but firestick still not working. I have found someone with the same problem I think on the kodi site so trying there. Next stage is try a differnt ISP.

OK seem to have found the problem my Bt hub 5 seems to be blocking a port that kodi uses over wifi to fetch information over wifi. I tested this by setting up a personal hotspot on my phone over a 4g network, connected the stick to the new network and it passes straight through and brings all the info in from the repos. Result.

Now need to find what port kodi uses over wifi to fetch the information from the repos.

Followed the instructions on how to turn off the smart set up from the link above and it finally kicked in, so it was the bt router blocking the port. Many thanks Avid.

Last edited:
BT Home Hub Suck ball big time all models got rid of mine a couple of months ago for a draytek never looked back, Plus now BT cant spy on my incoming and outgoing traffic

Followed the instructions on how to turn off the smart set up from the link above and it finally kicked in, so it was the bt router blocking the port. Many thanks Avid.

Glad you got it sorted.

Back