Need Comprehensive Tutorial

Yep did that for the NTL services.xml = no channels
did it for Chorus services.xml = channel list but of course wrong freqs

Is there any way I can look into services.xml to see what I have in there?

As usual this is becoming a pain in the tit

I appreciate all of your help Senor BTW

Edit: Is there any way I can convert the known working services & bouquets from the Dublin Gemini image to Neutrino?

Last edited:
OK here's what I did - went to DBox download section - downloaded Dublin services & Ubouquets - downloaded D2D - converted services & bouquest to dreambox format? - FTP accross to /var/tuxbox/config/zapit - Relaod channel from service menu - rebooted Neutrino

Error channel not available on all TV & radiio channels

Whatsup?

Edit: Oops should have looked back at page 1 - keys & Nagro Roms also needed - it just seems so long ago I forgot

Edit: I tried the keys from the working Gemini image I had (uses Evocamd too) but nothing works

Last edited:
I give up - Has Anybody got a working Dublin Neutrino Image - please PM me - I've struggled with this thing for too long and I've had it

Put me out of my misery

Last edited:
Is this the Neutrino 0.9b image? I'm sure it comes with keys already installed. Can you at least get the FTA channels with it, otherwise, there must be something wrong.

Have you tried scanning, instead of a ready made services file?

Sounds like you're on a run of bad luck.

Sorry, Senor - I had to go away from it for my sanity's sake - reloaded the working Dublin Gemini Image - is ther no way to copy over the keys & Nagra Roms along with services & user bouquets from this working image to the Neutrino Image?

It's the 0.9 image downloaded from here http://www.digitalworldz.co.uk/forums/index.php?resources/1054/

There is no bruteforce scan in the native image so I downloaded DBox Dublin services,Cables, bouquets from here http://www.digitalworldz.co.uk/forums/index.php?resources/1566/ and converted services & bouquets usind D2D - just replaced existing cables with this new cables file

I chmod all these files to 755

After all this all channels are in the bouquets but "channel not found" comes up for any channel selected including FTA channels

When I try to scan - NTL Dublin is now an available option - but "scan failed" message
When I try to scan NTL bruteforce "FEC internal error" message

WHat a heap of steaming .................................

Last edited by a moderator:
Sorry, Senor - I had to go away from it for my sanity's sake - reloaded the working Dublin Gemini Image - is ther no way to copy over the keys & Nagra Roms along with services & user bouquets from this working image to the Neutrino Image?
Services and bouquets can be converted from Enigma to Neutrino format with Bouquet Wizard or Bouquetter, but I'm pretty sure the image comes with ROMs and keys installed, and that's not what would be giving you "channel not found".

Have you tried the obvious, like changing tuner drivers? I'm not sure the wrong driver can have quite this dramatic an effect, but it's worth ruling out.

What's this? - Tuner drivers? - I wasn't aware of such a thing - where is it, how do I change it - I know the Neutrino image says "New Tuner" on the services scan screen is this what you mean?

Yep, try and press yellow, and there should be a menu called tuner/scan/services, where you can change the driver.

Thanks Senor - I'll try that when I next get a chance - no doubt I will have more questions - sorry, every answer you give I follow with a question.

That's why I named the thread "Need comprehensive tutorial" - are you writing (edit)it here in the 3 screens of posts?

Edit: Maybe I'll write this up in a more compressed manner as an idiot's guide to Neutrino installation written by an idiot

Last edited:
Bouquet Wizard does not work with Gemini Image - is this correct? When Enigma is selected in BW it can't find cables.xml. There is no cables.xml on Gemini is there?

Is there any way to convert Gemini bouquets & services to Neutrino?

Bouquet Wizard does not work with Gemini Image - is this correct? When Enigma is selected in BW it can't find cables.xml. There is no cables.xml on Gemini is there?

Is there any way to convert Gemini bouquets & services to Neutrino?
Enigma images use cables.xml for scanning too. It's in var/etc/ I think.

See if you can load just the services and skip bouquets, just to get some channels running on your box. Just for my peace of mind, you did have a fully working gemini image up and running, right? Did you manage to scan with the gemini image? If so, perhaps you should try the cables.xml from that image on the Neutrino image? Is it specific to Dublin?

So Gemini is an Enigma image - yes?
This is a fully working image with about 140 channels (TV & Radio).I never did a scan with the gemini image - never needed to.

Can't import services from box - get the message "etc/tuxbox/cables.xml failed" There is no etc/tuxbox

Edit: I just started a scan - bruteforce method - seems OK

Last edited:
Cool, if you can do a scan, it's a a 5-10 job to set up your bouquets.

Yes, Enigma and Gemini are more or less the same, certainly in terms of their services files.

Hold on - what I mean is I can do a scan on Gemini image - that's what is loaded at the moment - I'm just trying to get services & bouquets off this image to export to Neutrino when I try it again.

Sorry if I misled you - I gave up on Neutrino & reloaded Gemini hours ago (so family had viewing) so all I have been doing since then is trying to get these services & bouguets

ok, once the scan is complete and you have all your channels, FTP in to the box, go to /var/tuxbox/config/enigma and copy the contents of this folder and the cables folder to your HD. You really only need the services and userbouquets files, but let's just be thorough. Once you've got those on your HD, you can load them into BW or Bouquetter without having to worry about it whining about the wrong paths on the box.

Did that ftped /var/tuxbox/config/enigma to folder Gemini
ftped cables.xml file to Gemini folder
but when I try to import these files from Gemini folder I get error "Enigma file not found"

When I got to Enigma foder to import files I get "import successful" but looking at 59 service bouquets? imported I have all names "unknown" and details inside are bare i.e.

This is tortuous - I'm going to just try using the cables file in the Neutrino image and do a scan using it - I've attached it

Edit: where did it go? will try attaching again - oops needed to zip it

Last edited:
Ok flashin Neutrino now

First Flash erase question - answer Ja
Seconf flash erase question - answer - Nein

OK so far - I'll edit this post with my progress - if I'm doing anything wrong jump in please

It's now scanning using the bruteforce in the cables.xml - no errors

Last edited:
The cables.xml goes in /var/tuxbox/config on the Neutrino image. If you managed a succesful scan with it on Enigma, I don't know of any reason why it wouldn't work on Neutrino.

That's what I think too - the other cables.xml file must be dud - I downloaded it from here - I'll check it again

I was hoping to be able to save the work of categorising the channels into news, general,movies,etc by copy over the bouquets but maybe it's not to be

Edit: Hope I'm not using up too much bandwith on this topic

Last edited:
Back