need another solo2 clone

ant500

Inactive User
Reaction score
hi guys been away for a while after my first solo2 got attacked as i had one of the first clone boxs but sent my board back and had it fixed running vix 808 and been working every since hence i not been in here much

but need a new box for the boy for xmas as there are so many solo2 clones now

so which is the best to go for at the moment ???

cheers :Wave:

yea 28e so how long we got then ?? mine still going and they said we have nothing by feb 2014 to watch and here we are in november and still working

Who can say, but thats the new card being rolled out.
What it has inside who knows.
Pay your money take your chance, be a expensive freesat stb if goes wrong.
They don't roll out new cards for no reason.
There will be some sort of security update in them.
Now wether this stops sd receivers using them no one knows just yet.

so has anyone had one of these red cards yet ?

I think your better off holding on to your money for the time been see what going on in the next few months and if i had to buy a box i,d buy a cheap cloud ibox 3 or 4 they have great image support not like the solo2s & se and if things go tits up then you can use this box for cable aswell so your covered both ways .

Buy a nbox 5800sx dual tuner and cheap at £90 with HDD included

The 7 day EPG on the skybox's are crap and I found unreliable; along with constant manually updating of channels.

I would go with an Ibox as well, a ibox 2, 2+, 3, or 4 (depending on what you need from the box). Some iboxes can be got for a little more than a skybox but have more support as mentioned by dubliner.

Yep Cloud ibox 2 plus all day long..I was surprised by this little box it's much quicker than a lot of other single tuners I have used and super reliable and plenty of support here..
£60 delivered found on fleabay and bamazon.

so has anyone had one of these red cards yet ?

Got told today theyre only getting dished out as replacements for faulty/lost cards the now.

And theres loads of tvr4's failing due to the newer software.

The 7 day EPG on the skybox's are crap and I found unreliable; along with constant manually updating of channels.

I would go with an Ibox as well, a ibox 2, 2+, 3, or 4 (depending on what you need from the box). Some iboxes can be got for a little more than a skybox but have more support as mentioned by dubliner.

F3s epg works 100%

cheers lads i tried the skybox and the epg 7 days is lets say crap at the best

not looked into this one yet
Buy a nbox 5800sx dual tuner and cheap at £90 with HDD included

but will need a twin tuner anyway as he got a vu duo 1 but its so slow compaired to the solo2 anyone know what the speed of the chip is in this one ??? and whats the picture quality is like
[

F3s epg works 100%
When I had the F5S (same as F3S as far as EPG is concerned), some channels didn't always populate and EPG wouldn't always update itself. Unless both of these have now been corrected then EPG doesn't work 100%.

However, it's better than the now & next that came on earlier boxes.

..but will need a twin tuner anyway...
Have you looked at Solo2 SE or Solo2 mini. Both these have, I'm sure (but best to check), twin tuner.

None of the cloud iboxes (except Ibox 4) have twin satellite tuners. Problem is not sure about images for Ibox 4. The usual site, cloud-ibox.net doesn't yet list Ibox 4.

Back