need a new printer

BIG-HOL

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
hi guys im after a new printer to print out some christmas cards and for general use, never actually bought a printer before so have no clue what im even looking for. needs to be pretty cheap nomore than 50 or 60 pounds, ink cartridges need to be cheap too and be readily available almost anywhere.

whats the best i'll get for my money and will the quality of print be good too, im hoping they've moved on abit from the 1st family printer we had which was in all honesty, crap!

all help or guidance appreciated!

ohhhh and id also like wireless printing!

Last edited:
looks a canny printer mate, but where would i get the cartridge refills for that cheap, says £29.99 there!

Thats the one I recently bought m8 and its the mutts nuts :),
wireless works perfectly although I did have to assign it a static ip,
you can get the cartridges here

12x Epson Stylus SX515W Compatible Printer Ink Cartridges - Cyan / Magenta / Yellow / Black - Multipack: Amazon.co.uk: Computers & Accessories

or on the bay but they are compatibles for that price.

my local hardware refills any ink cartridges for 12 euro each, you will probably find somewhere near you if you look

cheers everyone, that epson looks just up my street, looks a really good printer for the money and for what im after, and cheers wiz for the link to them ink cartridges as that has sealed the deal, had always heard printers are cheap but the cartridges arent so i was abit hesitant to jump in without knowing, but i cant complain at them prices!

right now i need help working out which paper i need to get nice photo's and whats the best card for cards, lol, and also cheap, cheers!

i have used lots of types of photo paper with the sx415 . same machine without wireless and got to say the epson stuff gave the best results . as for card i wouldnt use anything to heavy 210 gms would be the max i would put through it

i have used lots of types of photo paper with the sx415 . same machine without wireless and got to say the epson stuff gave the best results . as for card i wouldnt use anything to heavy 210 gms would be the max i would put through it
cheers mate i'll have a good look around see what i can find, or if you've got any links to the paper you used that would be great.

and thanks for the promo code mate iv just ordered it and saved me 6 quid! :Clap:

Back