Peripherals Need a new printer with Air Print

Goldberg

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
As per the title really.

I was holding out for a Canon 5250 as occasionally you can get them on eBay for £25 (minus ink).
The reason for the 5250 is the inks. They take 7 separate inks that are relatively cheap (copies).

I don't want one that takes the manufacturers own combined units, never liked them.

This is to replace my Epsom R300 that died a long time ago but did me well for years! But I want the All in One thingy now and the 5250 would still be my preferred printer if possible to source.

Thanks.

@Goldberg I've just bought the Epson WF-2530. 1st Epson I've bought and it seems a good printer. Got the compatible ink cartridges but not used them yet, but I've read not to upload the latest drivers for the printer, as it can render the compatible cartridges useless. Won't know if this is true until the cartridges supplied run out.

Plus, it switches off the wifi connection after a while as a power saving function. Got to press the 'Menu' button or the power on and off to get the wifi back on.

But so far, it's been the best printer I've had so far.

Regards,

snapman

Last edited by a moderator:
@Goldberg I've just bought the Epson WF-2530. 1st Epson I've bought and it seems a good printer. Got the compatible ink cartridges but not used them yet, but I've read not to upload the latest drivers for the printer, as it can render the compatible cartridges useless. Won't know if this is true until the cartridges supplied run out.

Plus, it switches off the wifi connection after a while as a power saving function. Got to press the 'Menu' button or the power on and off to get the wifi back on.

But so far, it's been the best printer I've had so far.

Regards,

snapman

Does it have air print from the iPhone etc?

Does it have air print from the iPhone etc?

Seems to @Goldberg from this freview on Amazon (although it has accessory in brackets after the AirPrint. Don't have an iphone, so don't know what this means!):

331 of 336 people found the following review helpful

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect !!!, 14 Jan 2013

By

Neil

Amazon Verified Purchase(What is this?)

This review is from: Epson WorkForce WF-2530WF Ultra compact and reliable 4-in-1 for the small office printer with Wifi and AirPrint (Accessory)
I don't normally write reviews...however, I spent a lot of time reading other reviews of wireless all in one printers that also supported Apple Airprint and I just couldn't see one which seemed to do what it was supposed to do.

So, I picked the Epsom on the basis that it looked the best but was still rather apprehensive as at least one review said they couldn't get the air print to work

So, all arrived very quickly and for a change decided to actually read the manual rather than just plugging it in to see what would happen. When I say manual, what I mean is literally 4 steps which included the plugging in step. At the end of those 4 steps, my Windows 7 PC was wireless printing, my ipad and iphone were wirelessly printing and the "print anywhere via email" was also working.

So , I have to give this the very best review I can as it simply does everything it is supposed to and without a problem !!!

OK, eBuyer sent a mailer out today for the Canon iP7250 Canon PIXMA iP7250 review - Printer - Trusted Reviews

Does not have the scanner but I do have a very good Canon Scanner in the cupboard. Decided to go for this as it has AirPrint and is 5 inks (and not those combined units!!)

£59.99 with a free £10 iTunes voucher plus entry to win an iPad (let's see how that goes..).

Last year these printers were going for around 20 quid and I got my folks one, really wish I got one at that price as I've been well impressed with it

The reviews on the site dont seem to be great but they havent had any problems, it also prints happily from an iphone as I tend to pop round there to use it myself from my phone :D

HP Deskjet 3050A e-All-in-One Printer(CR231B)| HP® United Kingdom

Cancelled the iP7250 ... It does not do everything I need!!

Shame really. The MG7150 does but is £150. Going to keep researching.

Back