need a new mobo :(

MFCGMFC

Inactive User
Reaction score
hey all

my pc motherboard has packed in :(

the pc boots fine but doesnt give out a picture, i've tried different monitors different leads, took out the hdd and put it in another pc and there was a perfect picture

this is the offending item...Inno3D SL7N73UM-HDMI 7150 MCP73U Socket 775 HDMI VGA.. | Ebuyer.com

so need a mobo with HDMI and VGA

I have the CPU here, its the intel E4500 also got the ram here OCZ 2GB DDR2 800MHz/PC2-6400

so i need a mobo that can take this stuff or is it worth upgrading to a quad core cpu with better ram?

budget is £100

Cheers
MFCGAVMFC

Can you not just stick a cheap VGA card in the PCIe slot?

If you do get another 775 board make sure it will deffo take your DDR2 memory because the later board revisions take the more popular and cheaper DDR3 these days

Last edited:
how do you know the board still boots have you tried it with a graphics card and not just going by seeing the fans spinning
is it still posting ?

As everyone has mentioned, how do you know its the display part of the motherboard ? If it is then £30 buys you a 5450 gfx card.

its making all the usual noises a mobo makes lol

its just not putting out a picture

i'm wary of buying a pci card incase its different fault with the mobo and then i'm left with a £30 card?

it was working fine one day, i went to grab something to eat came back and the screen was black, me just thinking maybe it had went to the screensaver so i flicked the mouse about but theres never been a picture since?

Cheers
MFCGAVMFC

Back