N95 or M700

Well went for the N95 in the end had it a month now & using it with a bluetooth GPS from fleabay an i-blue 32 channel model, working a treat, havent had to recharge the GPS yet but going to set it up to use the socket in the rear of the car eventually. If a patch becomes available to use the inbuilt GPS will it have to have a clear view of the sky? Would rather have the phone on the dash instead of the window, plus windscreen has heating element fitted. This i-blue bit of kit even works in the middle of the house with no clear view! Next step de-brand.

If a patch becomes available to use the inbuilt GPS will it have to have a clear view of the sky?

No. I am using Route66 with inbuilt GPS and it works great with the new firmware, anywhere ;)

Check here for my debrand guide ;)

No. I am using Route66 with inbuilt GPS and it works great with the new firmware, anywhere ;)

Check here for my debrand guide ;)

Hi MONkey, can you please tell me which rev firmware are you using?
What rev of Route66 are you using? Does it use the internal GPS?
Thanks

I'm using the .486 Route66 (Same as what is posted here somewhere) and it uses internal GPS.

The N95 is at FW REV 12.0.013. This version includes AGPS instead of just GPS. (Advanced GPS) This uses your phones area code and other information to talk to a centalised server to give a faster more accurate GPS lock even when no clear view of the sky ;)

:)

Route 66 is a problem now as I tried asigning it etc we cant fo that on the symbian site anymore...if anyone figures out a work around that would be great..

I'm using the .486 Route66 (Same as what is posted here somewhere) and it uses internal GPS.

The N95 is at FW REV 12.0.013. This version includes AGPS instead of just GPS. (Advanced GPS) This uses your phones area code and other information to talk to a centalised server to give a faster more accurate GPS lock even when no clear view of the sky ;)

Thanks MONkey

No worries, but as kyser says there's problems getting certificates to sign it now....

Back