N3 discussion

For multiroom every box needs to be connected to a phoneline . If you give out boxes to friends or relatives .Sky will know that boxes either are not connected to same phoneline in your house.As phone number of friends/ relatives is obviously going to be different from your phone number.

So i don't know how this is going to work.

hes referring to cable not sky......................3 or 4 extra boxs at £5 each {quickstart self install}............yes this works

Last edited:
For multiroom every box needs to be connected to a phoneline . If you give out boxes to friends or relatives .Sky will know that boxes either are not connected to same phoneline in your house.As phone number of friends/ relatives is obviously going to be different from your phone number.

So i don't know how this is going to work.

hi m8 i think Isobel was on abt virgin multiroon not sky , plus even with sky u dont need to connect phoneline if u dont want to

mickmc

.... plus even with sky u dont need to connect phoneline if u dont want to

Its a requirement of Sky Multiroom that all boxes be permanently connected to a fixed phone-line. You can fiddle it but you really need to know the boxes connection schedule so they can all be back and connected at the required time. Miss out on the connection a few times and Sky will contact you to find out why. They may even turn off all but your main subscription card.

somebody suggested this on another forum, do you think it will work after nagra3, firstly you get the full package for around £50, plus you get mutiroom in 3 bedrooms for around £5 per room that is around £65, then you let your friends or relatives use the 3 spare boxes in their houses and you charge them around £20 a month each, would they then get the full package for £20 sounds a bit too easy to me, but is it possible

It will work but the person you give the box to needs to be a close neighbour and on the same UBR node. If that isn't the case, then VM will likely notice the boxes are seperated at some point.

You also have the added chore of collecting subs from your relatives/friends. If they are anything like my lot then good luck with that !

Last edited:
its easy to hack it really....:banana:

yeah seems simple to me cant see y its not been done already !!!!:Clap::proud:

YouTube - How to Reverse-Engineer a Satellite TV Smart Card

The UK doesn't have a good track record in TV hacking. We've never actually hacked any TV system in this country without reading and adapting a foreign tutorial on the same or similar system.

this has answered a few thoughts i had, as i was under the understandin that this country was one of the "leaders" in the hacking community as we pay way over the odds for tv than most countrys, as most stations provide (sports and movies) as a basic package ??
maybe i was wrong !!!!!

which is y i mistakingly thought that its not worth anyone else to look into hackin n3, since its been with them a lot longer, as its not worth the time or effort for something that they can get in free or basic package, something that has already been mentioned

Its a requirement of Sky Multiroom that all boxes be permanently connected to a fixed phone-line. You can fiddle it but you really need to know the boxes connection schedule so they can all be back and connected at the required time. Miss out on the connection a few times and Sky will contact you to find out why. They may even turn off all but your main subscription card.

Sorry mate, but this sounds wrong to me. It may be a requirement but only as far as the t&c's.

I've never heard of anyone reporting phone calls about your phone line and or cards being cut off.

I've run sky for years without, I let the chap install it, waited till he left and removed all the ugly wiring he bodged into my house. It never got plugged back in, never heard a peep from sky.

As long as you're paying they won't care and probably don't have much of a case anyway.

You also have the added chore of collecting subs from your relatives/friends. If they are anything like my lot then good luck with that !

Setting up a direct debit between you will sort that out lol.
Its the vod you have to watch out for.

Last edited:
Sorry mate, but this sounds wrong to me. It may be a requirement but only as far as the t&c's.

I've never heard of anyone reporting phone calls about your phone line and or cards being cut off.

I've run sky for years without, I let the chap install it, waited till he left and removed all the ugly wiring he bodged into my house. It never got plugged back in, never heard a peep from sky.

As long as you're paying they won't care and probably don't have much of a case anyway.

You've been very lucky then and somehow got lost in the system !

Sky can and do take action if they have problems contacting a multiroom setup. They are well aware of the possibility of people "loaning" out the extra boxes and the regular contact calls are their solution to the problem.

In the first instance, they usually send a letter reminding you that the boxes must be permanently connected. If you still dont connect then they will remind you again with a more snotty letter and if that fails they will discontinue service to all but the main box.

You've been very lucky then and somehow got lost in the system !

Sky can and do take action if they have problems contacting a multiroom setup. They are well aware of the possibility of people "loaning" out the extra boxes and the regular contact calls are their solution to the problem.

In the first instance, they usually send a letter reminding you that the boxes must be permanently connected. If you still dont connect then they will remind you again with a more snotty letter and if that fails they will discontinue service to all but the main box.

Or knock on your door... Sir theres a problem with your second box can we take a look..?

I know some1 who works fitting sly, And hes already told me they are hot on boxies not calling back.

Back