N3 discussion

what is difficult to understand is, in one breath we are told nagra3 is impossible to hack, and will never be hacked, and in the next we are told if we stop posting nonsense and use our brains we might get a bit nearer to hacking it, it seems to me if it is simply impossible, after it is rolled out nationwide the cable section might as well be scrapped

after it is rolled out nationwide the cable section might as well be scrapped

once again, WHY? sat isn't hacked yet there's a massive section growing in popularity. all u want is free telly.

what is difficult to understand is, in one breath we are told nagra3 is impossible to hack, and will never be hacked, and in the next we are told if we stop posting nonsense and use our brains we might get a bit nearer to hacking it, it seems to me if it is simply impossible, after it is rolled out nationwide the cable section might as well be scrapped

Not everything is so black and white.

I can see both sides to this, And i do remember the time that people was saying N1 was Un hackerable, And rom card wasnt even locked at the time.

But I dont think the same mistakes will happen twice. And once everybody who just wants free tv gets fed up, waiting for there fix.

We might then get some post of intrest.

This is a forum after all .
That's what they are for taking about stuff !!!
It does not matter what the subject , someone will think you are talking bollocks ,who cares ...
If you don't like it don't read it !!! you have a choice !!

My mates area just went N3, and I swear he's just cracked his box

Right over the head with a hammer. :proud:

:Cheers:

Let's not forget that the 'man upstairs' didn't create n3. N3 was created by mere mortals. And anything that mere mortals create can potentially be hacked by other (equally clever) mere mortals...
Absolutely. The problem is, there's more incentive for someone smart to create an encryption system like this, than there is for someone equally smart to try and hack it. I'm sure N3 can be cracked, but the pool of available talent became a lot shallower, as the technical know-how required moved it out of the hobby/enthusiast arena.

Let's not forget that the 'man upstairs' didn't create n3. N3 was created by mere mortals. And anything that mere mortals create can potentially be hacked by other (equally clever) mere mortals...

:)
interesting that this assumption keeps being made - it is perfectly possible to make things that cannot be unmade using the same level of expertise/technology - what the same people who make these assertions dont realise is that current CATV systems are much much more secure than say credit cards or even the global clearing system - so why would the people who can (assumign they exist) fund breaking a CATV system even bother with it? - its small bananas compared with what the same funds and expertise could make if they were so inclined

this of course doesnt detract from my original point that just because someone(s) designed an encryption system/implemenation DOES NOT mean that others (even smarter better funded others) can break it using the same level of technology - it doesnt automatically follow no matter how much you would like it to

i take it that u dont like this bloke !! why m8 ??? , coz we dont see any1 else on the net doing it this way !!! unless u now some1 >??

Its not a matter of like or dislike, its a simple debunking exercise. The guy isn't going to hack N3 so there's no point continually quoting him as saying he can.

What he's doing is old hat. It was how chips were opened 5-10 years ago. The techniques used now are far more advanced. The chips he's claiming to of opened are relatively old and all of them already have documented attacks. He's not doing anything new or particularly worth comment except for self publicising (He makes his money by lecturing, mostly to press people who dont really understand what he's saying)

the fact is he is a very clever bloke ...

He's clever enough but not particularly bright. He's very much stuck on hyping his past achievments, most of which didn't actually happen they way he describes.

he woulded say he cud do it unless he cud.

Of course he would. Its a perfect situation for him. He can claim he can do it easily but that he's not going to. Keeps him in the public eye which is required if he wants to continue his lectures.

& NO he not do it coz of the legal stuff!!!! m8!! folks dont have security experts listening to ya talking if u dont know what ur on about !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! of corse he knows all about it ..would you tell the world & get locked up ........

Thats the point isn't it !

He doesn't have experts listening to him. The experts know it all already. What he has is a load of mediocre press science correspondants following him around looking for a story to print. Most of them couldn't fathom out the function of bog-roll without a briefing !

Ask yourself why experts would bother to listen to someone who is so out of date on his techniques - of course they wouldn't. They just snigger and get on with what they were doing !

so basicly then ..thers no hope ...as we havent seen any other experts who do reverse enj. silicon/software ..or that can probe the substrate? if there is m8 they cant b any good ..as they had years to to it ..& nothing yet!!!!!!

how many layers has this chip got ...16 ?
how fast does it run ?
what security has it on it ? ( we kniow anti-glitching e.c.t, what esle does any1 know ? )

i dont think any1 rearly nows enough about it/ or if they do they cant do it !!!!! things dont add upto me !! money talks now days & nothing supppries u these days !!!

Last edited:
so basicly then ..thers no hope ...has we havent seen any other experts who have the skills !!! so basicly them its impossible to do... end of !!!!!!! nobody in the world can do it ????????? i find it very hard to belive m8

No disrespect mate but the way your going on about it, its as if its the end of the world. You have had it for free long enough why not dip in your pocket and pay! gosh!!! lol

Obsession or what.....

lol

No disrespect mate but the way your going on about it, its as if its the end of the world. You have had it for free long enough why not dip in your pocket and pay! gosh!!! lol

Obsession or what.....

lol

i do pay & have been 4 the past 5 years ....but im not paying £60 a month 2 watch a load of crap .(repets over & over again) thats the hole point of cable hacking ! unless u dident know

i do pay & have been 4 the past 5 years ....but im not paying £60 a month 2 watch a load of crap .(repets over & over again) thats the hole point of cable hacking ! unless u dident know

It will still be "repets over & over again" even if its free ;-)

So why would anybody take the time and money to hack free tv for you so that you can watch a load of crap? There is not enough money to be made in hacking this. As other people have posted, why not crack chip and pin on ccards? far more criminal money for the hackers. Your obsession with a hack arriving smacks of desparation. Time to cough up and pay the man, or pay a dodgy c/s server. Which way you decide to go you will have to pay. If you want a decent service a sub will give you a guarantee. c/s is a complete lottery, even on sat imho.

So why would anybody take the time and money to hack free tv for you so that you can watch a load of crap? There is not enough money to be made in hacking this. As other people have posted, why not crack chip and pin on ccards? far more criminal money for the hackers. Your obsession with a hack arriving smacks of desparation. Time to cough up and pay the man, or pay a dodgy c/s server. Which way you decide to go you will have to pay. If you want a decent service a sub will give you a guarantee. c/s is a complete lottery, even on sat imho.

desperation !! u wrong M8 i dont rearly watch that much tv PAL , my point is this > sometime or other will this NEW chip be hacked ?? ..alot of u never ever think it will, & i find it hard to belive that so many of you are so negative & think its the end & lets just pay! well thats up to u .....but i think there will b away around it ..& no not with doggy pay servers .it can be done .different to that & u will be suppried as to how far people are getting with CS on cable .......they have been doing it on sly ..& i would think ur gonn see that same on CS ..!!!!! (KEEP THe FAITH >or is it just mE )

Back