My Newbie 1st Satelite Installation *Pics Included*

Alright m8,
Nice installation and looks very similar to the way I wont to go in a few weeks. Just a quick question what size dish is that?
Thanks

Alright m8,
Nice installation and looks very similar to the way I wont to go in a few weeks. Just a quick question what size dish is that?
Thanks

100cm Orbital Dish

Its a very large beast, it does have some weight too it so take that into consideration especially if going up a ladder. I had it easy since was at ground level!

Thanks for that 100cm. I have been trying to work all that out.

Just one other question regarding the motorised setup. How far east and west does it turn.
Is there a lot of directional movement when you turn east etc.
Reason I ask is that I am trying to figure out what is actually moving and by how much so I can position the dish in the best location to pick up the signals etc.
I hope that makes sense, i am getting tired now so dont make a lot of sense at this time

Thanks for that 100cm. I have been trying to work all that out.

Just one other question regarding the motorised setup. How far east and west does it turn.
Is there a lot of directional movement when you turn east etc.
Reason I ask is that I am trying to figure out what is actually moving and by how much so I can position the dish in the best location to pick up the signals etc.
I hope that makes sense, i am getting tired now so dont make a lot of sense at this time

Good question just checked it out I can get

36East Eutel-w7
18West intel-901

But quality varys with signal breakup, Bit strange since the other day I was watching channels on Hispasat 30West but today dont see anything showing.

From what I can see 13e/19e/28e/1w are interesting dunno if theres any other sats that are interesting yet!

I would say it doesnt actually move that much, obviously if you go from the furthest east sat too the furthest west sat its gonna take a good 20-30 secs, but since most sats are right next too each other it doesnt take long at all. Its not like your dish is moving left and right all the time most of the time its just tilting and going side ways if u can understand.

Id still advise if possible get height and line of sight, im now considering an above the gutter installation but ill only do that if I find out if the other sats are more interest :)

Its been so cold so I havent dared to start Gardening, the satelite installation was however essential lol

in april mate get the bedders in and then start cutting the grass

mind the dish tho!

Cheers
MFCGAVMFC

i know all the others say good job
but sorry m8 i would only say good job getting the channels
the installation isnt the best it could be
u have a plank underneath and a pole balanced holding the dish up a bit of wind and it will come down
or a shift of the plank and it will come down
i would go for a ground stake if u want it low
it is a much neater and stronger installation

its good that u have all the sats (for now)
but u realy need make it a secure as possible .
heres mine .

Last edited:
i know all the others say good job
but sorry m8 i would only say good job getting the channels
the installation isnt the best it could be
u have a plank underneath and a pole balanced holding the dish up a bit of wind and it will come down
or a shift of the plank and it will come down
i would go for a ground stake if u want it low
it is a much neater and stronger installation

Oh yeah dont worry thats not a permanent thing with the plank of wood and Bissel sweeper pole ;)

I only did that since I noticed my pole was no longer fully plum, the weight shifted forwards so I lost vertical allignment on my mounting pole even though I tried to compensate for that with washers.

Ill buy something like this :

stabiliser bracket for satellite dish wall bracket on eBay (end time 10-Apr-10 11:24:07 BST)

its good that u have all the sats (for now)
but u realy need make it a secure as possible .
heres mine .

do you get the sats you want with that setup ?

Thats obviously an amazing installation m8, very clean and solid but u didnt want to go above the gutter? Perhaps get more sats possibly....

I wish I could do an install like that:)

congrats m8.......... bet u got great feeling getting it working,,,,lots of chans/sats sometimes = lots of sh#te.....get one of these babies ,,,best for a ground mounted dish

Code:
You don't have permission to view the code content. Log in or register now.

:Clap::Clap::Clap::Clap:

do you get the sats you want with that setup ?

Thats obviously an amazing installation m8, very clean and solid but u didnt want to go above the gutter? Perhaps get more sats possibly....

I wish I could do an install like that:)

i had to move it up november as conservatory went up.
but with a help of a m8 whos very good up a ladder was done in a hour .
took me 2 weeks 1st time i tried

Last edited:
You know my m8s interesting in simply buying my kit off me even after all this! but I told him will see, but that Wave Frontier 90CM kit has always intrigued me the idea of simply getting all the sats and channel changing instantly and looks like a ground mount making it much easier :)

But will see !

Back