my mates car

fisal

Inactive User
Reaction score
someone hit my mates car from the bak at a zebra crossing, as his only 17 he didnt know what to do,
his insured 3rd prty fire and theft
he only took the guys number plate and his mobile number from the guy and not all his insurance details,
they guy told him they will settle it with cash,but they guy has now turned his phone off
he also rang his insurance company to report the accident but not a claim as of yet
the damage is minimal but the bumper will still need 2 get resprayed, what should he do because if he wants to do a claim he has to pay £250 excess i think.
Thanks

someone hit my mates car from the bak at a zebra crossing, as his only 17 he didnt know what to do,
his insured 3rd prty fire and theft
he only took the guys number plate and his mobile number from the guy and not all his insurance details,
they guy told him they will settle it with cash,but they guy has now turned his phone off
he also rang his insurance company to report the accident but not a claim as of yet
the damage is minimal but the bumper will still need 2 get resprayed, what should he do because if he wants to do a claim he has to pay £250 excess i think.
Thanks

report it to the local cop shop mate, thats all you can do really if he doesnt want to lose any money.

https://www.digitalworldz.co.uk/index.php?threads/181393/

Last edited by a moderator:
Get him to give is insurance a quick ring they will offer him the best way to go ahead with things. Even if they want to go down the excess route he does not have to. Might put the fear into the other party and he might remember to turn on his phone ( thats if hes given you the correct number )

he shouldnt have phoned his insurance company tell him to phone winns solictor straight away and give them the reg number they will fix his car and claim of the other person also tell him to goto the hospital and report a saw neck he will get his car fixed for free no £250 excess at all and will get a £2000 wiplash claim if this other driver is being a dick screw him phone winns they do all the hard work for you no hassle never phone your insurance company if its a hit from behind phone winns there the nuts

thanks for all the replies, his going to give his solicitors a ring in the morning and give the registration plate, and also pay a visit to the hospital. Thanks alot

he shouldnt have phoned his insurance company tell him to phone winns solictor straight away and give them the reg number they will fix his car and claim of the other person also tell him to goto the hospital and report a saw neck he will get his car fixed for free no £250 excess at all and will get a £2000 wiplash claim if this other driver is being a dick screw him phone winns they do all the hard work for you no hassle never phone your insurance company if its a hit from behind phone winns there the nuts

just an observation.....doing it your way is the reason the insurance premiums are so high, its not taking money from the faceless insurance company it taking money from other members of the general public who pay their premiums + a bit to fund fraudulent claims.

just an observation.....doing it your way is the reason the insurance premiums are so high, its not taking money from the faceless insurance company it taking money from other members of the general public who pay their premiums + a bit to fund fraudulent claims.

I don't agree. I got hit from behind at a zebra crossing, injured my neck and went throught my insurance. I had legal protection and the insurance co. solicitors made me 3 different offers of compensation. The final offer was for £1400 and was advised this was all I could claim. Neck pain continued and I ended up having the disk removed and a cage put in my neck. I was off work for a year and had to claim incapacity benefit
I ended up losing money through loss of earnings thanks to my insurance
Wish I'd gone to Winn's.
:Angryfire

I don't agree. I got hit from behind at a zebra crossing, injured my neck and went throught my insurance. I had legal protection and the insurance co. solicitors made me 3 different offers of compensation. The final offer was for £1400 and was advised this was all I could claim. Neck pain continued and I ended up having the disk removed and a cage put in my neck. I was off work for a year and had to claim incapacity benefit
I ended up losing money through loss of earnings thanks to my insurance
Wish I'd gone to Winn's.
:Angryfire

That's irrelevant. You were injured, the OP wasn't. If he gets money fraudulently then it's me and the other honest drivers out there that have to pay for it. It's dishonest ambulance chasing solicitors that are feeding the rotten compensation culture we're saddled with now.

That's irrelevant. You were injured, the OP wasn't. If he gets money fraudulently then it's me and the other honest drivers out there that have to pay for it. It's dishonest ambulance chasing solicitors that are feeding the rotten compensation culture we're saddled with now.

I take your point. I still would have expected better service from my insurance - so it's no real surprise these ambulance chasers are making a killing!!

:Kickassro:Kickassro

Hang on a minute..

If someone runs into you and you don't tell your insurance (like you're supposed to do!!) what happens when Winns or whoever chase the person up and he says bog off, .

Winns - or any other solicitor acting on your behalf will be in direct contact with your insurers (and the other party's) I think the only difference is they will claim their fee from the OP insurers but it does seem that if there are injuries they can get you a higher amount of compensation. Not sure how it works if you have major damage to your car and need a courtesy car etc.
Like I said - when I got hit and fairly badly hurt I don't feel my insurance pressed really hard for a fair financial settlement and wish i'd gone through the solicitors route.

:Chainsaw:

ring the police and say you just seen what you thought was a gun getting loaded into the boot of a car. give em his numbe rand description of car etc .wont help with the painting of the bumper by by feck it'll make ya feel better knowing he'll get splayed out on the ground at some point :Cheers:

ring the police and say you just seen what you thought was a gun getting loaded into the boot of a car. give em his numbe rand description of car etc .wont help with the painting of the bumper by by feck it'll make ya feel better knowing he'll get splayed out on the ground at some point :Cheers:

Great plan!!! Lets waste police time as well.

And in the mean time, the 79 year old lady at number 79 has just answered her door and a thug has just barged past and stole £5 out of her purse before kicking 10 colours of shit out of her..

jesus get a grip you lot, this isnt the real world lol. cops wouldnt save her anyway has they would be eating sarnies in a layby or counting speed camera money so there. I was actually joking but hey :love:

Back