Car Ins Advice

melttc

DW Regular
Reaction score
Hello Guys

My mrs car got tuck on a small tree stump and it has inevitably pulled off the engine tray and ripped off part of the front bumper, after inspecting it myself can only see that he engine tray need replacing and lower bumper under tray and front bumper.
it has been reported to the insurance and we believe they are going to write it off ( 13 plate )
Do you think it is worth buying back if this happens and trying to repair myself? or what are the best options guys as never been in this situation myself.

Thanks

Never report minor or self caused (only you involved) ti insurance co, get a quote first , even if you don't claim it still affect your policy,

the parts you mention should just bolt back on although bumper may have damage but as gez says never report this to insurance as premium will go up
most cars go to somewhere like copart and they mess with them so you dont buy back or if you do the damage is a lot more than when brought in

Ok but too late as she reported it to the insurance already, so not sure what next steps are as they said she should hear back next week?

Car is still here as no one been to pick up to check damage

ptice parts or get quotes to fix. this will help you see what it really costs to fix
remember an insurance approved garage will be taking 120 per hour labour so can quickly make the repair not worth it
but always tell the insurance company its not a write off its an unecomonical repair. you can ask for a price to keep the car and if not happy give them an offer

Do we know what the ratio is for buying the car back?

Back