Multiswitch woes

Bally12345

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
I have wired up a triax multiswitch today and lined up dish with standard lnb before switching to Quattro lnb.

For some reason I cant get any signal on boxes.

I'm about 80% sure I have matched up the Horizontal High and Low / Vertical High and Low but still no joy

Using a inverto lnb, tirax 5in 16out and triax quad modules.

Only thing I can think off is iv got the wires mixed at mutiswitch or dish is out of line.

Spent hours trying to figure it out any test suggestions? Maybe my ftypes need re doing?

Did you use a meter for aligning the dish? If so, that would make trouble-shooting a lot easier by testing one wire at a time. And are you sure there is power to the multi-switch?

I had someone come install the dish and align it as I didn't have a meter or ladders at the time, power is on, I think whats happened is maybe the copper cores are too short. I used a different tool than I usually do, that's the only thing I can think off.

Maplin have a Nikkai sat signal tester would that help... Question is even if I had the cables in wrong order to multiswitch should you get some signal?

I as used twin cable I know which cables is Horizontal and vertical and just a case of swapping them around for High and Low if that make sense

your going to need a 'Pro' meter to know which is HH,HL,VH,VL the cheap one at maplins just will not do the job. Might have been a good idea to have asked the installer to use a short length of WF125 % core +1 earth cable which is colour coded for your Quattro and the Aerial feed.

Even if using standard cable he could have tested each one and labelled which polarity each one was

your going to need a 'Pro' meter to know which is HH,HL,VH,VL the cheap one at maplins just will not do the job. Might have been a good idea to have asked the installer to use a short length of WF125 % core +1 earth cable which is colour coded for your Quattro and the Aerial feed.

Even if using standard cable he could have tested each one and labelled which polarity each one was

OK so my sat cables are fine, all channels getting really good signal. Here's the issue I have to have rf cable plugged into tv and quad module for signal to work.

So pointing to earthing issue on switch?

The multiswitch requires some signal and voltage information from the connected device to know which LNB segment is to be activated, although it's not an issue in a domestic house, there are "issues" with earthing, as in some cases, the multiswitch is used in situations where earth loops between multiple properties (apartment blocks) can cause strange issues. Without knowing the exact make and model, and access to the circuit and design information, it's possible that the tuner area of the switch is not connected to an earth through the power cord, the installation notes may give more details.

Back