Multisat help

so wot did he do??

he tried to set it up again by using 19.e and he got that working but then i couldnt get any other sats?
i explained that i want it either working next time or my money back , so will have to wait and see........
i would rather someone who knows what they are doing to come and sort it out if anyone can help on here id be grateful even if they just check it out for me and tell me whats wrong

thanks

If he comes back, just show him Fruitball's tutorial.

Actually give him a call and tell him to study it before he returns.

If he comes back, just show him Fruitball's tutorial.

Actually give him a call and tell him to study it before he returns.

i tried this yesterday and he sort of grinned and said i know what im doing to which i replied so why isnt it working?
i truly believe he has installed sly dishes but no experience in motorised and thats the reason i chose to pay an installer as i didnt fancy doing the job after reading up on it.

without disrespecting sky installers (i used to be one and i used to train them) but anything other than sky, if they have only ever done sky, and they will be pi$$ing in the wind for weeks trying to get it right

as the guy can only get one satellite at a time, and even though his meter may have all the satellites on it, he cannot install a motorised system

i used to be one of skys engineers that dealt with 'screamers', i also trained people to install (one of which went on to become one of my managers at the time, hes still a useless fooker, yes you PD hahahahaha i know youre a fukin member lmao) but, when i went onto my first ever fixed dish turksat install, fook me, i was there for ever, and didnt get it working, my first motorised install took weeks to get things working half tidy

tell the guy to do himself a favour, and give you at least £75 of the money he charged you back, so you can get someone who knows what theyre doing to come and do it for you m8

get onto the CAI website, or the RDI site, and ring round some places

it is something, that with a bit of messing about you could do yourself, but if youd rather someone do it for you, then id recommend to start at those sites

while youre on the CAI site, you may want to mention the guy youve been dealing with .............

do you know on wot satellite he used to set it up?

he set it up on 28e the 19e then i told him it had to be thor but he couldnt get that? he said he doubts most can get thor thats what told me im pissing in the wind

cheeky fecker.
i'd come and do it but its a bit far

i know what it is that he was doing wrong.
he was moving the dish around the motor pole and not the dish and motor together!!!

did he set it up via USALS??

do you know on wot satellite he used to set it up?

if he knows what he is doing, none of this should make a difference

a LOT of people make a very simple mistake when lining up a motorised dish, especially when using a meter

they setup the dish and the motor, they alaign it all to 1W, then connect and setup the receiver WRONG, nothing works

they setup the dish and motor, they turn the motor to a satellite as marked on the motor, alaign it all to that satellite as marked on the motor, then connect and setup the receiver WRONG, nothing works, except for the ONE satellite used to setup the alaignment, and if youre lucky, a few other 'close' satellites as well

HOW TO ALAIGN A MOTORISED DISH 101, the very basics

setup the motor and dish
connect the motor and dish to the receiver
SETUP THE RECEIVER using usals co-ordinates
tell the receiver to go to a satellite
NOW you alaign the dish
you can use ANY satellite to setup the dish this way, but, check the arc, if you are missing satellites, then the elevation or azimuth settings need adjusting, but, the motor is set EXACTLY right to track ALL of the arc from this point

as long as

the latitude on the motor bracket is set
the elevation + the latitude = 90
the dish elevation on its own bracket, for your location will be around 25 (i think, but deffo between 20 and 30)
and the dish is mounted direct center of the motor pole, as shown by the markings on the pole

then people have followed these instructions, with NO satellite meter, and no satellite experience, and setup motorised dishes

dont let this guy BS you m8, YOU know more about setting up this dish than he does, even if you havent had the practice

if he knows what he is doing, none of this should make a difference

a LOT of people make a very simple mistake when lining up a motorised dish, especially when using a meter

they setup the dish and the motor, they alaign it all to 1W, then connect and setup the receiver WRONG, nothing works

they setup the dish and motor, they turn the motor to a satellite as marked on the motor, alaign it all to that satellite as marked on the motor, then connect and setup the receiver WRONG, nothing works, except for the ONE satellite used to setup the alaignment, and if youre lucky, a few other 'close' satellites as well

HOW TO ALAIGN A MOTORISED DISH 101, the very basics

setup the motor and dish
connect the motor and dish to the receiver
SETUP THE RECEIVER using usals co-ordinates
tell the receiver to go to a satellite
NOW you alaign the dish
you can use ANY satellite to setup the dish this way, but, check the arc, if you are missing satellites, then the elevation or azimuth settings need adjusting, but, the motor is set EXACTLY right to track ALL of the arc from this point

as long as

the latitude on the motor bracket is set
the elevation + the latitude = 90
the dish elevation on its own bracket, for your location will be around 25 (i think, but deffo between 20 and 30)
and the dish is mounted direct center of the motor pole, as shown by the markings on the pole

then people have followed these instructions, with NO satellite meter, and no satellite experience, and setup motorised dishes

dont let this guy BS you m8, YOU know more about setting up this dish than he does, even if you havent had the practice

so by him tuning the dish in off the motor pole rather than the brackets pole htis is where he has gone wrong as the motor is not finding the sats

so by him tuning the dish in off the motor pole rather than the brackets pole htis is where he has gone wrong as the motor is not finding the sats

Yes exactly mate,
He will now need to realign the dish on the motor pole and then do it properly,tbh I would either do it yourself or get someone else as this will never get it right

Sent from my x10 using Tapatalk 2

Not sure if this will help, or has been mentioned in a pm, but I put your co-ordinates into Google Local and ended up in the middle of the North Sea. When I changed one to -2.765 I ended up in Widnes. Assuming the latter is correct could this be your answer?

Edit - Ignore the above I've just noticed you've sussed out what was wrong re post #33

Last edited:
Back