Multisat help

melttc

DW Regular
Reaction score
Guys

if anyone can help me with a multisat setup please pm me.

thanks.

No need for pms :) that won't help other members when searching ;)

what seems to be the problem ?

Are you using a diseqc switch with multi lnb/dish?
Are you using a motorised system? if so are you using diseqc or usals?

Are you using a diseqc switch with multi lnb/dish?
Are you using a motorised system? if so are you using diseqc or usals?
sorry for late reply guys!
ok i have this Dark 100 - 105 cm Motorised Satellite Dish Pack (package deal) | eBay
and a dm 800se.
the guy came and fitted my dish and i got my sly channels but when he had gone i couldnt get any other sats even tho i had them in my channel lists , i contacted him and now he doesnt want to know saying i came and fitted your dish i wasnt there to set up your box?
if my dish picks up sky channels does that mean its aligned properly?

It may or may not be aligned properly. Let us do what we have control over at the moment.......Settings of your receiver.

Could you say what the setting are in the tuner configuration section? It should be on motorised, ideally using USALS and and the co-ordinates for where you live entered, not just the default.

It may or may not be aligned properly. Let us do what we have control over at the moment.......Settings of your receiver.

Could you say what the setting are in the tuner configuration section? It should be on motorised, ideally using USALS and and the co-ordinates for where you live entered, not just the default.

ok one sec i will give u the info..........

ok in tuner config
tunera bcm4505 dvbs2 advanced
longitude 53.360
latitude 002.765

ok in tuner config
longitude 53.360
latitude 002.765

it is on USALS and the dish moves but just doesnt pick anything up until i return back to 28,2 sky stuff , it isnt locking on to the other sats.
what can be the problem do you think alignment?
funny thing is when i enter them off mygps the lat is 53.361 and long is 2.765 but i get nothing at all with these?

Last edited:
ok in tuner config
longitude 53.360
latitude 002.765

Your long and lat are the wrong way around m8 lol

Is your tuner configured properly i.e.

Simple
Positioner

Latitude 053.360
Longitude 002.765

Your long and lat are the wrong way around m8 lol

Is your tuner configured properly i.e.

Simple
Positioner

Latitude 053.360
Longitude 002.765

the settings are in the right way around now and just had to change the west to east and sky channels are on but still no other sats.

has this been aligned incorrectly?

Last edited:
the settings are in the right way around now and just had to change the west to east and sky channels are on but still no other sats.

has this been aligned incorrectly?

Doesnt sound like it m8,was he supposed to set it up for all sats?

yes mate it was a motorised dish and he knew what i wanted paid £100

Ok have you tried putting a multi sat channel list on,
and then selecting one of the channels from that list on another sat to see what happens

tell the installer that you are going to report him to trading standards as you paid for a motorised dish and at a minimum he should have showed you 28.2e/1w and 30w out of professional pride.. the least he could do is come back and give you half an hour of his time just to do the bit he should have done before he took your cash... f***ing cowboy, regards mdt

phone the guy back m8, and explain that to have a dish alaigned to sky, you could have gotten any local numpty to do it for around £30, but as he charged you for a motorised alaignment, could he please come back to verify that the dish and motor actually picks up the signals that you paid him to alaign the dish to receive, wether the box is there or not

when i go to 'alaign only a dish' i actually take my own receiver with me, and connect it up, even if it means running a lead through the living room window or the letterbox, and show the person, on their own telly, that THEIR dish, is receiving signals from 28.2E, 19, 13, 10, 5, 1W, 5W, 12.5 and 30W

a sky installer who has never seen a motorised dish before, could sit there for 3 weeks, and still only get sky, as its NOT only the dish itself that needs setting up, i used to be a sky installer, and my first motorised install took me about 80 hours to get working, not spot on, just working, and i 'thought' i knew what i was doing

this guy is taking you for a ride m8

are the missing channels 'greyed out'?

yes i think they were but the all appear white but no epg on them and when i scan any of them nothing gets picked up and when i scan 28.2 it doesnt pick them all up just some?

Back