Multi sat CCCam question

Diddy

Inactive User
Reaction score
I have a question.
Say Mr A has a motorised sat system in Scotland. And Mr B has a Sly sat dish in England.
Say Mr A has a server with his set up ie he has a sly "local" card but he also has many other say hop 1 cards that he doesn't really want to share. So thats Mr A set up
Mr B wants SlY from Mr A's server - Nothing in return (Just a small contribution to sly costs.
Does Mr A have to have his motorised dish pointed at 28e to allow Mr B to watch Sly UK ?
Sorry if that's a silly question it's just something that has been bugging my head lately lol.
BTW - I don't personally run a server but im just learning/curious.

I have a question.
Say Mr A has a motorised sat system in Scotland. And Mr B has a Sly sat dish in England.
Say Mr A has a server with his set up ie he has a sly "local" card but he also has many other say hop 1 cards that he doesn't really want to share. So thats Mr A set up
Mr B wants SlY from Mr A's server - Nothing in return (Just a small contribution to sly costs.
Does Mr A have to have his motorised dish pointed at 28e to allow Mr B to watch Sly UK ?
Sorry if that's a silly question it's just something that has been bugging my head lately lol.
BTW - I don't personally run a server but im just learning/curious.
to give Mr b allways on sly yes u do have to have it pointed at 28.2deg

nope..

the share just asks the local card and or hop shares for the decryption codes

also using cccam you can determin what card is shared to what user using commands in the cfg

Thanks guys. I know that you can sort out who gets what in CCCam config - That question was just me putting the final pieces of the puzzel together in my head. Thanks for the replies.

Back