ms25 help

sunhill

Inactive User
Reaction score
hi guys.. need some help regarding .. ms25

.. went to flash it.. flashing went alrite.. but then got the error 66, so.. flashed the drive bck to the original firmware.. got it working
.. then updated the ixtreme.. n .. tried flashing again.. but i guess i have messed up somewhere.. and i can no longer flash the drive for some reason..
i have tried using the command.. fsam and rsam, .. tried flashing the drive without turning it off, and even tried by turning it off, and waiting for 10 secs / 20 secs
still wnt flash it, can u give me suggestions or advice on this please.
any help will be highly appreciated.
thanks .

so you still have orig.bin original firmware saved somewhere.

if so good, phew!

are you using iprep?

you now have a ms28, so you will need the 10 second method!

l had one the other week and l used xtreme boot maker in the end.. used toolmaker to insert the key into the f/w and sent back with boot maker , thank good it work l has shittin bricks lol ..

had a lads a work this week and for the life of me l cant get it to work ? some r a get m8 ..

yes i hav the original firmware,
but i just cant get it to flash for some reason
i did try the 10 sec rule,
wats the xtreme bootmake method, seem to hav forgotten that cuz i m using the iprep one at the moment, with the dSam command
thanks for the reply guys

its an older thing but it worked for me l have it here on rapidshare . think its ok to link as its not f/w RapidShare: Easy Filehosting

have u got 360tool to extract the key from your orig f/w and insert into bent f/w then input into boot maker and just to a write and not a read , boots the same as iprep just the commands l different but it tells u

hi thanks mate,
yea i hav the 360 tool, as well the mkt flash, guess i wil have to read the old textbook, cuz currently i m reading the new textbook2008 version. maybe thats y i messed up
stupid me ..

iprep should of worked as it should of for me , but it wouldnt have it . boot maker just worked but only to flash not read as it dosnt take the new ixtreme f/w so u have to do that yourself with 360 tool . easy that bit

and just to ask, do u think i should try the firmgaurd thing, cuz i just dont seem to write the flash, have tried the 10sec method. might be worth a try.
its getting a nightmare atleast at this time of the night.

thanks for ur help

and just to ask, do u think i should try the firmgaurd thing, cuz i just dont seem to write the flash, have tried the 10sec method. might be worth a try.
its getting a nightmare atleast at this time of the night.

thanks for ur help
sorry never used that .. sure one of the top guys will see this .. if u try bootmaker u have nothing to lose as u can always put back to orig again

well might give it a try to the bootmaker .. have downloaded from the link u sent me..thanks for that.
so wht exactly m i doing there, is there a tutorial for that somewhere ?

open 360 toolbox . search for orig f/w u saved , u will see the key then copy this and then search for your sammys f/w , in the box u see ffffffffffffffffffffffffff del and paste key and press replace key , now u have f/w with your key in .. now open xtreme boot maker and go to update f/w . in both boxes look for the f/f u just put the key it and then make a bootable disc .. reboot pc and u will get two commands ( sorry somethin like xRead and Xrite ) u dont need to read as u have the key so just write it over , l didnt need to 10 seconds with this it just did it after l press 1 for xtreme drive . but u might have to ?

just uploading bootmaker again . theres a file missing

here http://rapidshare.com/files/156928784/Xtreme_Boot_Maker_0.5.4.rar

Last edited:
E66 = Invalid OSIG

It cam about at the Fall 06 update.

Your drive is not reporting as the correct drive.

You need to flash using iXtreme 1.4 (Samsung) and spoof as a MS25 so it reports the correct Drive String ID to the console.

Xtreme 3.0+ and iXtreme are all based on MS28 firmware.

hi guys
thanks for the reply so far
just tried the bootmaker method as well
but looks like the drive has died.
i tried to eject the dvd tray, it wont work.
is there any way. .. to find out ? whats the error.

btwn yes it did give me error 65 after error 66.

do a recovery disc with xtreme boot maker . put it back to orig and start again .

from the name sunhill, i guess you are London based, or just a fan of The Bill.

if you are Manchester based or local, i can do it for you.

do you have another drive?
i had a failed drive once, and if you swap drives part way through the process, it brings the dead drive back to life.

here is my problem post but help from post 9 did the trick

https://www.digitalworldz.co.uk/index.php?threads/169082/

Last edited by a moderator:
Im not sure if E66 consoles eject, but bricked drives dont.

Just keep the ORIGINAL firmware safe... keep it a few places, email to yourself etc.

Its always recoverable unless you fry something ;)

Thanks a lot Highlander & oggi

well read the link u posted .. and yea its something that has happend to me..
the flashing stopped mid way when i was trying to flash it..
and probably now its got a empty/corrupted flash in the drive.

i have got my working 360 hitachi lg v78 drive.
u think i could use that for a hotswap ??

and also would be great if u could suggest what would be time i should be swapping the drive..
after i get the options by writing the command rSam 12345 1234 and get an option to select the drive..
or bfore that.
also would i hav to put the hitachi into mode b by anychance

thanks in advance guys.

No, that wont work, It needs to recognise a sammy and what SST chip it is for a hotswap to work

Dosflash in Auto mode will work fine.

hi thanks for the replies

well looks like i m in a stage where i will have to keep trying with xtreme bootmaker or get another sammy

btwn just to clarify, as u said Oggy, it has to be a sammy drive for it to recognise the chipset

currently i do reach a stage .. where
when i run the command rSam / dsam/ fsam, it recognises the drive to be connected to the sata port because it shows me the option to select the xtreme
and its only after that , when it comes to the flashing part. ..
it shows .. port a000 master a0
and then nothing happens

so .. just confused .. is it just the matter i need to check something somewhere ? because i am still not familiar using the xtreme bootmaker. cant get it to load the firmware in the bootmaker.
will give the bootmaker another go later after work. ..as there are a few options in there which i am unable to understand

thanks

when u press 1. for your drive is your box off ? and then u wait say 8 seconds and turn on xbox . if yes have u done without turning the box off ..

move info on wot your doing aswell as the program please

Back