ms25 help

As Smirnoff advised, you need to do the 10 sec trick as its now an MS28

Whata sata chipset do you have?

Dosflash in Auto Mode will recover it anyway - Its about time people learnt to use it, as its the future of iPrep releases I believe

As Smirnoff advised, you need to do the 10 sec trick as its now an MS28

Whata sata chipset do you have?

Dosflash in Auto Mode will recover it anyway - Its about time people learnt to use it, as its the future of iPrep releases I believe

lv look at the copy u sent me m8 .. looks hard ,, from wot l have read it does benq without havin to boot pc into dos is that right ?

by the way that drive came this morning m8 cheers .. let u know by 4 if its ok .. sure it will ,,.

Last edited:
Its easy.

You can do any drive without rebooting except Samsungs

Dosflash in Auto mode is in DOS

hi guys, thanks for your help

i got a pci sata via chipset, the most common one.. dont was it 6429 i think..
i have done a few samsung and benqs , its this one buggered up cuz it stopped the flashing midway

i did try the 10 sec rule too, waited for 10/20/30 seconds.
i do remember a bit about dosflash, because i did benqs with dosflash, that was the old method i used, but now use iprep.

so .. u guys think . if i try with dosflash .. it will do the trick, ? i will try n check if the drive is recognised on the second port i got on the card. that will make the situation a bit more clear i suppose.

as for the xtreme bootmaker, will get back to u soon, its just my work takes most of my time.. will be off tmrw afternoon, so will work on it.

thanks for ur help guys

You dont use iPrep to flash anything

You use dosflash, thats all you can use for BenQ

Secondly, Auto mode is different from the batch file commands you are used to.

thanks for the update oggy

so where can i get more information about the automode dosflash, bcuz i guess i cannot use the dosflash 1.3 which i hav used to do the benq with this sammy one ?
thanks

i use iprep for all my benq's and sammy's.

kryogenik seen me do it late last week.

same here ,, but l cant work out why one in ten can be a get to flash ? just ordered a connectivity v2 unit .. l was wondering if some xbox's where interfering with the flash as u r using them as a power source
l have a spare drive l flashed a few weeks back so its a spare for a sammy box l have thats a bit fussy and only likes verbs .

but the last sammy l tried would have it at all the best l could do was recover the drive as the draw stopped working and l tried with the spare and it was the same ..

strange how one sammy one day and another the next can be so different

Again, this is the popular misconception with iPrep.

You dont use it to flash anything, it invokes using mtkflash/dosflash regardelss.

All iPrep does, its formats, hex edits mtkflash, creates batch files and makes it bootable.

dben xxxxxxx xxxxx

Simply is a batch file scripted to:

Dump BenQ using dosflash to \backups\xxxxxxx\xxxxx\benq-ofw.bin

You could in theory use peoples names:

dben maximus newtoolstillsucks

backups\maximus\newtoolstillsucks\benq-ofw.bin

You wont find too much in the way of a Dosflash in Auto mode 'guide' I have one thats sat at 90% complete as Im busy with other things right now (for Samsung bad flash recovery) - and to release 'as is' would do more harm than good.

Simply, goto the containing folder of dosflash.exe/.typ and type:

dosflash

this initiates auto mode.

To anyone who is unsure of what they are doing, I suggest removing ANY other drive (hard drive / dvd drive) - and use VIA

If using via, you know it isnt on ports 0x170 / 0x1F0 - no say No whn it fails on these ports.

There is no 'consittent' way of doing it, hence why I never publish FULL directions as the next peron will try it and **** someting up.

Oh, and if it Samsung bad flash recovery - it probably wont report as a Samsung, so look for the 'SST39SF020' chip ;)

Last edited:
Right, This is the best I can do right now!

Anyone trying dosflash in Auto Mode - look at this jpg, although it will probaby differ, at least you know what to expect to see.

100_1168.jpg

Thanks to Sparky2k1 for the photo - and his help.

that sure is a great help OGGY

shall have a go tonight .. and report back how it goes, #

oh and sorry, did not reply to ur question Highlander .. my Name is Sunil, and living in Cardiff,. ..I originally come from India. and since everyone in my work called me Sunhill, which i was unaware comes from the bill, .. i decided to go with it, cuz it was just hard work for me to get name right.

thanks for the help guys.

Hey guys
a final update on the ms25

A big thankyou to Oggy and ofcourse rest of the guys, .. Highlander & smirnoff

the dosflash worked as a treat .. .. thanks for all your help and the time you gave me

cheers guys :Clap::Cheers::proud:

glad you got it sorted m8, sorry i wasn't as much help as the others, i have my kids at a weekend, and spend time with them more than on here.

but main thing, you are up and running again.

well done to all who helped him.

Back