MS conducting fresh bans on modified Xbox 360 units from Live

rules that out then, there seems to be no one thing thats getting the 360's banned, maybe it is just pot luck, if your console is on when they run the test your caught and if your console isnt on at the time you survive.

Seriously mate, I think this IS what they are doing!

(or something very similar)

An interesting question is how can you persuade MS to unban you if you have been banned in error, as I'm sure this must happen?

I suppose they must ask for the console to be returned to examine it? If they find no obvious tampering then they unban the box?

Or is it a case that they do multiple checks to ensure that the box is modified. Legally I think they must have to do multiple checks

There have been some games released recently that pass validity checks in XDVDmeulleter but have not been classed as safe online and have had patches to rectify these issues.
I believe that the banning is down to bad stealth patched games as previously suggested.

May be you could shed some light on this.
I tested COD4 DVD with dvdinfo and it read 01 02 31 10 00 03 00 00 00 FC F9 C3 00 03 08 6F. Which means unstealthed, although it played ok in a stealthed 360
I then converted the DVD back to ISO with clonedvd, and read the image file with dvdmulleter which confirmed it was stealth?

DVDinfo = Unstealthed
Mulleter = Stealthed

Am I doing something wrong.

and you know someone who actually got it early? i said at the time there was something strange about it, they said it was released early by mistake but i know of no one who actually got it, i said at the time it could be a ploy, all the modders see its out early and think its ok to chuck there halo in there machine, i said it could be a sly ploy, think about it all the modders think its out early, chuck it in there machine and play away while microsoft log everyone that does knowing that anyone with it in has a modded console because it never actually did get an early release. m$ know 100% your on a modded machine because there where no early releases.
i got told "no that wouldnt happen, it would give argos a bad name and they wont let that happen" but this is m$ and the rules dont apply to them and what damage would it do to argos? non as far as i can see.
might not be the case and it may have been released early but i asked at the time if anyone on the net knew of anyone they knew of getting it early and i didnt get one rely saying that anyone they knew had got it, so it wasnt just me who didnt know anybody who actually got it early. do you know anyone who got it early 100% for sure?
the ban hammer came down wit the halo beta and i thought it was strange there was non with the actual game seeing as it was the hyped game of the year.
mines modded but halo3 didnt go near it and im not banned.
halo3 again and bans? you decide as im not 100% sure but they fund out somehow so its that or they found a way to find out with the ixtreme or people who just played non stealthed games.
anyone here play halo3 early and not banned? that would put it to bed if someone here played halo3 early and is still not banned. or for all those that are banned did you play halo3 or not (early).

Has to be Halo 3.My son has only this and got banned.I didnt get it him to after its official U.K release and he got the dreaded Z CODE.

well looks like im banned havent had it connected to live for a couple of weeks the thing is it doest come up saying im banned w: 0000-0021
X: 0000-F001
Y: 00A8-6820
Z: 8015-190D
i now know im banned they can stick live didnt bother that much with it anyway... can i link to my sons xbox360 and still get use out of wireless connector

Last edited:
Has to be Halo 3.My son has only this and got banned.I didnt get it him to after its official U.K release and he got the dreaded Z CODE.

what firmware u got andyfuk? u say ur son only has halo u mean thats the only game he's got ?

Have a look at my posts when iXtreme was released.

I repeatedly warned that the firmware would not be / could not be safe as the hackers were only clutching at straws for explantions as to why Microsoft were banning people, every single theory that I've heard so far has fallen short.

IMO, I'm afraid were no more safe today than we were 18 months ago
I agree my mates xbox has 4.0 fw on it and was ok last time and still ok now. On live all the time on halo 3.

for all those who have been banned. headover to http:// www. teamxlink. co. uk/ (remove spaces). it CAN be used on 360 stuff. even know the main page says its down. so your online gameing aint totally over.
Do you have to connect the pc to the 360 via a crossover or ethernet cable & will it work via a linksys router?

Clive.

PS.
I recon even this will get overloaded soon lol.
Wont it be poetic justice to MS if everyone canceled thier live accounts and went this way ;)

Last edited:
Do you have to connect the pc to the 360 via a crossover or ethernet cable & will it work via a linksys router?
Clive.
PS.
I recon even this will get overloaded soon lol.
Wont it be poetic justice to MS if everyone canceled thier live accounts and went this way ;)

yes and yes. you may need to foward ports but it will tell you what ports to foward on the site.

this works for xbox 1 too. as long as game is system link compat. :)

No and No, it's fooking garbage compared to Xbox Live.

I used to 'use' it back in the day on my Xbox1 and it was lagtastic not to mention that it only supports games that use system link, it's utter shite.

I used to 'use' it back in the day on my Xbox1 and it was lagtastic not to mention that it only supports games that use system link, it's utter shite.

i agree not to mention your lukky to get 4 in a game lmao

its a big no no anyways because m$ sussed this so the ping limits/restrictions where put in place, you,ll be lucky to even connect to a game, original xbox wasnt that bvad i used to play far cry on that all the time and it was perfectly fine.

if this worked and worked well do you think we would all be paying for subs when we could get online for free? the difference between free and having achievements dont even come into it, if it worked well id screw the xbox live and its achievements,

and in the interest of fairness and honesty can anyone with me in there friends list check to see if im online on wednesday

Last edited:

Wrongo. I've used it it's every bit as good as live, as always it depends on the host. (did you get whooped? :D)

From wot I remember u need at the most a 50ms ping to connect in Kai with a 360 which at present will only work on local wireless networks. If you can dig where that's at ;)

So basically we need someone to hack Kai to report a ping of less than 50ms on private servers and we're rocking. Lol.

Wrongo. I've used it it's every bit as good as live, as always it depends on the host. (did you get whooped? :D)
From wot I remember u need at the most a 50ms ping to connect in Kai with a 360 which at present will only work on local wireless networks. If you can dig where that's at ;)
So basically we need someone to hack Kai to report a ping of less than 50ms on private servers and we're rocking. Lol.

im seriously intrested in this, what would it take to set something like this up from scratch so that 360's could go online, im talking resources and set up cash, i can smell a money spinner here, i,ll take the fooker ms dont want lol and cheaper and i would turn a blind eye to modded consoles, how many folk would use a service like this if it was brought forward. im serious anyone know how to set about doing this.

im seriously intrested in this, what would it take to set something like this up from scratch so that 360's could go online, im talking resources and set up cash, i can smell a money spinner here, i,ll take the fooker ms dont want lol and cheaper and i would turn a blind eye to modded consoles, how many folk would use a service like this if it was brought forward. im serious anyone know how to set about doing this.
If it worked well with up to 20 or more players in a game at a time without too much lag i would pay for it and hopefully set a trend to f*ck greedy and self righteous MS out of the market.
Why should they have a monopoly on it? even if its a private club like with multiple servers ;)
I'm in.
Clive.

Back