MS conducting fresh bans on modified Xbox 360 units from Live

So the list of updates that has been circulating since the summer (and you posted last night) is almost guaranteed to be real?

well if u wanna give up 24 houres of gaming i can get u a ban for the date of your choice llol..... i double checked with him the xvid his boss old him as it stands it will be included.

if u wanna validate him and give up 24 houres of gaming i can get u a 24 houre ban for the date of your choice llol.....

well if u wanna give up 24 houres of gaming i can get u a ban for the date of your choice llol..... i double checked with him the xvid his boss old him as it stands it will be included.

if u wanna validate him and give up 24 houres of gaming i can get u a 24 houre ban for the date of your choice llol.....

urm, no thanks lol :)

Is this how they know?

Before popping the game into their 360, however, they wisely contacted Microsoft. A rep for the company confirmed that anyone playing Halo 3 before the release date will have their Xbox Live accounts banned, going on to warn that simply playing offline will not work, as the moment you connect to live your play history will get you flagged for a ban.

That can't be right ?

Argos started selling them early by mistake, surely microsoft can't ban people who innocently bought them ?

I just benn checking all my games to see if they stealth patched, and all come back ok apart from 2? Could this be the reason why I been banned?????

samsung on the ancient extreme 1.2 here still not banned.. lucky me

That can't be right ?
Argos started selling them early by mistake, surely microsoft can't ban people who innocently bought them ?
and you know someone who actually got it early? i said at the time there was something strange about it, they said it was released early by mistake but i know of no one who actually got it, i said at the time it could be a ploy, all the modders see its out early and think its ok to chuck there halo in there machine, i said it could be a sly ploy, think about it all the modders think its out early, chuck it in there machine and play away while microsoft log everyone that does knowing that anyone with it in has a modded console because it never actually did get an early release. m$ know 100% your on a modded machine because there where no early releases.
i got told "no that wouldnt happen, it would give argos a bad name and they wont let that happen" but this is m$ and the rules dont apply to them and what damage would it do to argos? non as far as i can see.
might not be the case and it may have been released early but i asked at the time if anyone on the net knew of anyone they knew of getting it early and i didnt get one rely saying that anyone they knew had got it, so it wasnt just me who didnt know anybody who actually got it early. do you know anyone who got it early 100% for sure?
the ban hammer came down wit the halo beta and i thought it was strange there was non with the actual game seeing as it was the hyped game of the year.
mines modded but halo3 didnt go near it and im not banned.
halo3 again and bans? you decide as im not 100% sure but they fund out somehow so its that or they found a way to find out with the ixtreme or people who just played non stealthed games.

anyone here play halo3 early and not banned? that would put it to bed if someone here played halo3 early and is still not banned. or for all those that are banned did you play halo3 or not (early).

Last edited by a moderator:
I got halo3 but i didnt put it in the box untill the official release date, on the other hand i have played other other games before the release date after halo3 came out.
I'm Banned by the way :(

It might be an idea for those who are not banned to erase the history on the hd or change thier live account before going online again.

Also I've heard of a private f/w release called stomrider which prevents the ban but its only from 1 sorce and its not been confirmed yet.

Clive.

Last edited:
Oh dam it, i was saving up to get a modified xbox360 looks like i will consider buying a ps3 instead now. Well im sure someone will find out a way around this, i bet there is a hacker right now trying to crack the firewire so you can use modifed xbox360 on live. Well good luck to all of you.

I checked mine last night and not banned, I think you could be on the right track Tommohawk, I made my Halo 3 from an original myself with a kreon drive but to be honest I have hardly played it at all, let alone online, but my boy has.

I am sometimes suspicious of games on the newsgroups, who is to know if M$ or the game developers themselves arn't uploading games with some hidden code inside that flags up a downloaded game, they would know for sure then if you modded your box.

I think that this has got something to do with Halo 3 either playing early or they knew somehow it was downloaded, I tend to play my backups under a different non live profile, and keep the online ones to a minimum.

Frenchman

funny that everyone was thinking how good ixtreme was , but for all we know it was never any good , ie the same as xtreme . looks like its 50/50 to me

yeah go on then im up for that get me banned for a day

and when did u send money for adapter m8

Last edited:
I play games as soon as they appear on either Newsgroups or Torrent sites, so about 90% of my games are played before the official release date, I downloaded Halo3 as soon as it appeared on the newsgroups and I played it until I had completed it, all of this BEFORE it was released, I also play all the games on LIVE before they are released, which is a pain in the arse as there's hardly ever anyone to play with. ;)

I bought this 360 LAST spring (2006) ms25 iXtreme 1.0 and recently upgraded to 1.3 a few days ago, still not banned even though I'm breaking all the rules :)

funny that everyone was thinking how good ixtreme was , but for all we know it was never any good , ie the same as xtreme . looks like its 50/50 to me

Have a look at my posts when iXtreme was released.

I repeatedly warned that the firmware would not be / could not be safe as the hackers were only clutching at straws for explantions as to why Microsoft were banning people, every single theory that I've heard so far has fallen short.

IMO, I'm afraid were no more safe today than we were 18 months ago

rules that out then, there seems to be no one thing thats getting the 360's banned, maybe it is just pot luck, if your console is on when they run the test your caught and if your console isnt on at the time you survive.

it could be a multi stage check.
if you played halo3 AND cod AND unstealthed games etc. then they detect.
it would be foolish for ms to just ban everyone after one game.
and with all the recient rls's it could be next to impossible to nail it down to any 1 or 2 rls's that cause it.

and could also be that they do this wave of banning on a small number of people. and see how many people phone up. hopeing that legit ppl who are banned (reports of that happening both this time and last).

if they get to the stage when they ban say 500 consoles. and dont get any calls. they may then put a blanket ban on the critia they set for the 500.

Back