MPs’ expenses: Shahid Malik resigns as Justice Minister over rental arrangements

I think most of them have just been taking advantage of the system. We don't like it, and it needs changing, but it's not criminal.

There are obviously a few who have been criminally fraudulent. These are the ones that we need to concentrate on.

Yeh i agree the ones who have been criminally fraudulent must be dealt with and charged but there is a moral issue here Nara. I dont accept for a second that they were just stupid and didnt understand the rules, quite the opposite infact, i think they knew exactly what they were doing and as i said before, they just didnt give a shit.
Do we really want people like that in positions of power?
Personally i would sack the lot of them and start from a clean slate.
Thats not pack dog politics or spur of the moment rage, its simple common sense.

Have you guys not been watching the news?

Apparently it's all Michael Martins fault. He made them do it.

What a shower of pathetic, spineless cowards.

Michael Martins just stood down
breaking news on BBC

Michael Martins just stood down
breaking news on BBC

he didn't have much choice.
typical politicians, when the shit hits the fan deny it and blame someone else.

Have you guys not been watching the news?

Apparently it's all Michael Martins fault. He made them do it.

What a shower of pathetic, spineless cowards.

I think he's been doing his best to keep MP's expenses a private and internal affair, add to that the whole Damien Green saga and you soon start to realise how biased he actually is.

I didn't realise that he was the third most powerful person in the country behind her majesty and the PM though.

v14 is right.

The way they went after that bloke yesterday was nothing short of cowardly.

Forever, they have got away with this shit, and as the country becomes more transparent, they have been found with their cock in the dog.

Pathetic is a good way to some them up.

Time for a good shake up: General election preceeded by MPs having to stand for reselection.

I personally enjoyed watching the dogs turn on the speaker yesterday and to think that he was doing his best to protect these very same individuals :Laugh:

I personally enjoyed watching the dogs turn on the speaker yesterday and to think that he was doing his best to protect these very same individuals :Laugh:

it was the most brutal political assassination since Julius Caesar lol ... with friends like that who needs enemies?

Thats what cracks me up is the hypocrisy of it all.
He kept it out the papers for years and yet he is the first to fall on his sword.
I hope its the first of a long list of cowards who will do the decent thing and resign.
I have no sympathy for him but at least he has done the right thing, even though it took a while..

What was witnessed was a broken man, Sad really as he has been a great servent to politics for many years. Now he will be remembered for the wrong reasons.

Thats what cracks me up is the hypocrisy of it all.
He kept it out the papers for years and yet he is the first to fall on his sword.
I hope its the first of a long list of cowards who will do the decent thing and resign.
I have no sympathy for him but at least he has done the right thing, even though it took a while..

Rather than fall on his sword I would say it was pushed off a cliff by The Telegraph aided by a few backbench MP's.

I don't think we'll see many more politicians resign, usually when a big name falls that's the end of it. I'm very curious as to who the replacement will be though.

Order order order...

just what i said in my previous post's, the person incharge and sets guidelines for mp's should be saxcked, wowwww..do you think he saw my post and then resigned lol...

just what i said in my previous post's, the person incharge and sets guidelines for mp's should be saxcked, wowwww..do you think he saw my post and then resigned lol...

he does not and never did, "set the rules". only implement the rules as they were. I doubt he would take notice of your post, even if he read it, as it shows a "real" lack of knowledge on the subject. you are not alone though. many have been confused by the "smoke screen" the MP's have put up to save their own, thieving, butts. as IANB says
he has been a great servant to politics for many years.
now owing to the spineless creeps he works with he
will be remembered for the wrong reasons.

It's, actually, very British. scam like fcuk, when caught, blame someone else.

If those mp's have done nothing wrong,why are they paying the money back and trying to cover there own necks?

WRONG just shows.. thats one rule for the goverment one rule for the people of this country.

they can get away with it as they decide what tax paeres monies goes on..

mainly there expencees as well as the expence 0of his counytry WE live in abnd have right to..

if i was to subit my exppenses to the im sure they would say no..

but no what they are doing is fraud.,.

they are using our money to fund theri life.. and we as a country need to fight the goverment.. cause this its just the tip of the iceberge of what there doiong to our counnrty that we live in....

there meant to follow what we as a collective want and what we as fthe people of this country want..

but now we do what they tell us to do cause they are the true honest ppl that rule our country..

now i thought that the new world order ideas were bit compasant at times

but what they say makes sence.. we are being treteated as objects in the current socoicety of our coounytry that we live n.. heck animals (cats/dogs/birds) have more rights in this country then we do...

its about tim ethe people of our counytry made a stand and said , we have had ebnough and thoiis is our country, your rules dont apply.. we were pplaced on this ear th and we will live how we see fit.. not to the ruels of our courrepetd goverment

fantastic post mate, couldn't agree more . Post of the year :)

Back