Moving On

Nobody mentioning the Qbox Mini HD which is same price as TM800, plus around £35 for 2nd tuner and you've got twin tuner fully functional and runs off of Micro-SD cards

And much better software management on the box. No big wrong version library files or folders full of drivers for impossible PCI cards. Nicely written shell scripts. Only drawback is no internal disk, only usb disk recording. But my usb powered Buffalo disk works fine.

And much better software management on the box. No big wrong version library files or folders full of drivers for impossible PCI cards. Nicely written shell scripts. Only drawback is no internal disk, only usb disk recording. But my usb powered Buffalo disk works fine.

Is it possible to remove the card reader from inside? I can certainly live with external disc but if you could make a bit of room inside to fudge a 2.5 bracket, even better

...if you could make a bit of room inside to fudge a 2.5 bracket, even better
You don't work for TM do ya? :Laugh:

That's their idea of a solution to a problem :)

Hi Vector. I've not investigated the internals of the box as without an internal disk there was no need to open it. The box does have sata support software but if I was to guess I'd say that the card reader was fed by usb. This is based on the standard usb hub having 4 ports whilst this box has 3 external plugs. The reader is a twin slot so certainly thicker than an 2.5" disk. The box is considerably smaller than the TM800. My Buffalo disk came with a cable about 30cm long and is quite unobtrusive.

@Jimux - Thanks mate. I'm wary of going for another non-broadcom chipset but the allure of twin tuners is too tempting so think that'll be my way out of this nightmare.

You don't work for TM do ya? :Laugh:

That's their idea of a solution to a problem :)

LMAO, If I did I'd be swinging from a rope by now. Anyway, solution? What solution? Their so called beta tester from the church of ABC says there is no problem.

Slightly off topic but today I have to go to the hospital to get one of those 24 hour blood pressure monitors fitted. I do hope the good Doctor dosent reappear today or the fecking thing will explode.:asta:

lol, I had one of them last year. If you're out and about, stand still while it takes it. I don't know if it was the fact I was on crutches as well but I thought my arm was literally going to explode as it went too crushingly tight.

Have it on now vector is it normal for your hand to go numb when it kicks in.

Thats just what I was thinking, close my eyes and hey presto its somone else (no suggestions please):lol:

Back