Moving On

I purposely never said what I bought

But it wasn't a vu too much money

Sent from my iPhone

I switched a week back to a different box.
Will stick my nose in here as usual out of habit.
I looked at the vu+ but having to use vlc to watch movies would have been like going backwards not forwards.

Last edited:
I know most will switch to the DM800se but it's a shame to see the people who have made so much effort trying to save the TM800 move on to work on a clone box. Maybe DW Team could start working on enigma 2 projects maybe a DW plugin that would be good for most of the popular Linux boxes.

:thumbsup:
already in progress Mick ;)

I'm pretty sure that most things that work on the dm boxes will work on other boxes, it's only the tm800 that seems to be the oddball box.

I'm pretty sure that most things that work on the dm boxes will work on other boxes, it's only the tm800 that seems to be the oddball box.

and because i learned most of what i know ON the TM800 box, implementing it to work on normal boxes is a royal pain in the ar$e lol, im having to relearn stuff that i thought i already knew, all over again, right back to the very basics

As long as Rat's Bouquet as a plugin works for all boxes Ill be happy :Hit:

As long as Rat's Bouquet as a plugin works for all boxes Ill be happy :Hit:

the plugins ive created install and run on all enigma2 receivers m8, but for some reason, the scripts that actually do the behind the scenes work, refuse to run on anything other than the tm800

As far as I can tell the only thing the Vu+ has thats better is the twin tuners,but I could be wrong :)

Very wrong, fully working PVR with auto timer for series link type config, streams to WMP not just VLC, its fast, VIX image is very user friendly... I love my VU+ Duo but they are pricey.

Very wrong, fully working PVR with auto timer for series link type config, streams to WMP not just VLC, its fast, VIX image is very user friendly... I love my VU+ Duo but they are pricey.

PVR works fine on the DM800se,dont quite see the extra benifit of streaming with WMP,
DM800 is fast,DBUK image is very user friendly etc etc lol

wasnt trying to upset Vu+ Duo owners ;)

I think you misunderstand I don't want to use vlc or wmp, I want my films to be played over a network from a share without having to run servers etc on my pc.
I bought the tm800 for this feature which now works but the box is to flakey for me, looked at vu+ but for that money I don't expect to have to run servers on my pc.
I rarely record anything, everything is repeated countless times so why would I bother. The only thing worth recording was torchwood and I was getting that on the saturday before it was aired in the uk.

I think the original quote got lost some where
As far as I can tell the only thing the Vu+ has thats better is the twin tuners,but I could be wrong
that what I was responding to the VU+ compared to the TM800HD is just hands down a lot better but dont know about how it compares to any other box out there as I dont own a DM :)

if you watch a lot of telly, the twin tuner will always win, wether its made by DMM, vu, TM, et sky, virmin, or delboy trotter

the ability to watch one channel while recording another is what made VCRs the invention of the decade, and the digital switchover killed them off

i have 3 enigma 2 receivers, with 2.5Tb of storage between them, and all i have on them combined is one rugby game, a film i recorded off sky1 about 3 years ago (and still havent watched), a rihanna concert (back doors, smashed right in i would) and a few episodes of mythbusters for my boy

my missus though, has 1Tb of storage, and always has to delete stuff to make room for recordings, and shes had the receiver for about 3 months lol

theres no denying, the twin tuner IS a fantastic bit of kit, and if you like your telly, once youve had a twin tuner receiver, youll always wonder how you ever managed without it

I think the original quote got lost some where that what I was responding to the VU+ compared to the TM800HD is just hands down a lot better but dont know about how it compares to any other box out there as I dont own a DM :)

But if you read my post correctly I was commenting on the post by mickbrush regarding his hope that people would switch to the VU+ rather then the DM800SE :)

but if you where comparing between the VU+ Duo and the TM800 then your are 100% correct lol

But if you read my post correctly I was commenting on the post by mickbrush regarding his hope that people would switch to the VU+ rather then the DM800SE :)

but if you where comparing between the VU+ Duo and the TM800 then your are 100% correct lol

my missus loves the duo, she can record crap on one channel, while recording crap on another channel, while watching crap she recorded earlier

then i press 2 buttons on the laptop, and feck all works lmfao

she thinks its voodoo how i can be on my computer, and send perverted messages to her telly screen, great fun when i got the kids, and she got people in the flat pmsl

my missus loves the duo, she can record crap on one channel, while recording crap on another channel, while watching crap she recorded earlier
Does it not know the other channels that are on the same transponder as those being recorded, meaning you can watch a 3rd channel while recording 2 and if the 2 being recorded are on the same transponder then it should allow you to watch anything from any other transponder....Yes?

One thing I do like on the TM800 is that it highlights other channels that are on the same transponder when it's recording.

Nobody mentioning the Qbox Mini HD which is same price as TM800, plus around £35 for 2nd tuner and you've got twin tuner fully functional and runs off of Micro-SD cards

I don't know about the others but I like open sourced stuff so I can have a tinker, must admit the box I have is pretty nifty, Everything already works fine :)
I will just have to break it :roflmao:

Back