motherwell player dies after collapse

rip, sad day for football.

my sympathy to the family at this terrible time.

Regards
Mickie D

but surley when after being attended to by both clubs doctors physios first aiders and even a paramedic for a good 5-6 mins he must have known sumthing really bad had just happened

Cheers
MFCGAVMFC

of course m8 if that was the case then you would think the guy would've clicked that something was badly wrong, unfortunatley when your at a game with your mates and half jaked you dont automatically think that the guy on the deck is going to die.
i'm not trying to detract from the sadness of this but even the most evil b@stard wouldn't knowingly abuse a player in that situation
well i hope not

of course m8 if that was the case then you would think the guy would've clicked that something was badly wrong, unfortunatley when your at a game with your mates and half jaked you dont automatically think that the guy on the deck is going to die.
i'm not trying to detract from the sadness of this but even the most evil b@stard wouldn't knowingly abuse a player in that situation
well i hope not

i know wot u mean mate but there was a feeling of hate towrds him wen i was at the ground tonite everyone baying for his blood

Cheers
MFCGAVMFC

well i hope not

Absolutely agree with you no one expects anyone to die in front of them and im sure that fan feels terrible right now and im sure he totally regrets his actions. I still cant believe it im totally numbed by this. Im not a well fan but have seen Phill play and have always thought he was a top player albeit very unlucky with injuries throughout his career. Lets hope that the tributes at the up and comming games are respected by all fans of all teams as it is a sad sad day for Scottish football.

just seen this on sky,really sad news for such a young man.

MFCGAVMFC , i know youre a motherwell supporter m8.

im sorry.

The thing is, that many people "fake" injury nowadays that you don't know what is real and what is play acting. Look at Cesc Fabregas tonight, Arteta tickled his chin and it looked like he had been shot with a 12 bore!

The fans who were shouting abuse, do probably feel like shite now as anyone would!

it was a great peice of action they showed u wen he started out at 'well scoring against the gers

he was a family friend and wil be sorley missed

Cheers
MFCGAVMFC

The thing is, that many people "fake" injury nowadays that you don't know what is real and what is play acting. Look at Cesc Fabregas tonight, Arteta tickled his chin and it looked like he had been shot with a 12 bore!

The fans who were shouting abuse, do probably feel like shite now as anyone would!

That's football thesedays. Fans get overexcited and caught up in the passion of the game. There are so many play actors around now unfortunately. Who here hasn't booed an opposing player for playacting only to find out he was genuinly injured ?

god must have some team up there would like to be defending against the greats that are now up there

Cheers
MFCGAVMFC

god must have some team up there would like to be defending against the greats that are now up there

Cheers
MFCGAVMFC

celebrate the man as you remember him m8, a m.f.c. captain.

my bro in law stays in E.K. and is a motherwell supporter as well.

he won the cup in '91
was the youngest player to represent us in europe
was the transfer record 1.75m to celtic
came back and became captain

was a great man and i'm sure i will shed a few more tears in the next wee while

Cheers
MFCGAVMFC

i was surpsied to see rangers and aberdeen fans there tonite but i suppose they seen him as a scottish football figure i'm going tomorrow to lay some flowers cause asda have ran out :(

Cheers
MFCGAVMFC

he won the cup in '91
was the youngest player to represent us in europe
was the transfer record 1.75m to celtic
came back and became captain

was a great man and i'm sure i will shed a few more tears in the next wee while

Cheers
MFCGAVMFC
i remember the bro in law taking me watch them in a cup match against partick thistle at fir hill around 15yrs ago.

you know! that game has stuck with me all these years.

still dont know why..........
all the best m8.

im in shock.

seen the news flash after the game about him going to hospital. i had a bad feeling at the time, and forgot to check on it again.

i remember him as a great servant to celtic. i used to enjoy watching him play. always seemed like a really nice guy when being interviewed. he will be missed by alot of people

my thoughts are with his family.

sad day for football.

RIP Phil

Shocking news. R.I.P and my thoughts go out to all his family and friends

Back