another footy player dies

huggi

Inactive User
Reaction score
Serie A matches off after Livorno player dies - Football news | MSN Sport UK

Livorno midfielder Piermario Morosini has died after collapsing on the pitch in Saturday's Serie B match at Pescara, with the match abandoned after 31 minutes.

Morosini, 25, was rushed to hospital after medical staff attended to him on the pitch for a suspected heart attack. The game was then called off with the other players leaving the field in tears.

"He suffered a cardiac arrest. Unfortunately he was already dead when the ambulance arrived. He never regained consciousness," announced Doctor De Blasi.

Italian media reports claimed that a police car had blocked the ambulance's way into the stadium.

"I don't know if the ambulance was late, but I know that the entrance onto the pitch was blocked by a vehicle,'' Iannascoli added. "Morosini collapsed, he tried to get back up but then collapsed again.''

The former Italy Under-21 international was on loan at Livorno from Serie A side Udinese.

As a result of the tragedy, all Serie A games have been called off this weekend.

For more on Football, visit ESPNsoccernet.com

This is terrible news for the sport huggi. Just the same as Fabrice Muamba but Morosini could not be saved. Incidently how can Muamba play football again surely he will never be 100% fit?.

Surely Muamba has to retire?

He would be crazy not to, plus which club would sign him knowing his condition?

M3NTAL surely its in his own interest to retire and not even think about playing again. Ok yes he has passed all medicals. What does that prove? only he is fit at this present time. 90 mins+ of solid running/playing could prove to be devastating and who will take the blame if he collapses again or even dies?.

It just goes to show the fragility of life !
The people who we think are super fit and healthy are as susceptible to something completely unexpected happening to them as everyone else.
I feel sorry for the family and friends of the footballer, but we should also remember similar things are happening to thousands of families every day and unfortunately they will not receive the support that the high profile cases will.

Ain't these players insured to the hilt, surely no insurance company would touch him now.

this is happening far too often these days but,i don`t think there is much more that can be done to prevent it.these guys have the best doctors etc money can buy.it`s just one of those sad facts of life :(

Back