Monitor Cable to Docking Station

overthefence

DW Regular
Reaction score
I have a monitor iyama 2483H that has the cable as per the picture attached.

i need to convert this so it goes into my docking station which has a VGA input but I don’t know what this adapter needs to be.

i assume the cable I have is a DVI cable but when checking on female to male convertors the pin holes on the receiver look very different.

thanks in advance

9E36D70F-B6D4-4553-8B3C-3EFE387EF5FD.jpeg

Are there extra holes where that lead plugs into like a dvi/vga adapter?Any other inputs?

remember 20 years ago you could buy a scart lead cheap and not fully wired and not all pins were there as you needed a fully wired 21 pin.

Are there extra holes where that lead plugs into like a dvi/vga adapter?Any other inputs?

this is the adapter type I can find but the pins don’t seem to match, I take the point on the scart lead and no all pins are wired so not sure if this will do the job.

B8AF36CD-5AAF-4D2E-A5F0-E121243073FB.jpeg

i have see though that monitor takes an VGA cable so I could just buy that as teh option

Yes thinking that your not using all connections as why not there are spaces but dvi vga are all fully wired hence why i asked are there more holes/pins for a different one to plug in. Stick up a photo of both ports to see if possible.

This is the port on the back of the monitor which then fits perfect with the cable.

thats what makes it confusing why do we have to have so many different variations lol.

31638F30-12DF-4A9B-82BD-A80B1E738563.jpeg

Yes monitor is fully wired and do i see hdmi also? and you can get adapters for that also.

Yes monitor is fully wired and do i see hdmi also? and you can get adapters for that also.

Yes I think I will go comolete new cable rather tha sorting out adapters. Strange this one came with monitor at least likely to be compatible with other hardware.

appreciate your time cactikid

I am sure i have monitors with wrong connections here also.

Fleebay

The DVI with 24-pins is called a DVI-D Dual link. The DVI with 18 pins is called a DVI-D single link. The difference between the two is the resolutions they are able to achieve. It can make a difference in a DVI to DVI cable connecting a computer to a monitor with an extremely high resolution

Last edited:
As on his cable photo on first post

I only see 12 + 1 on the photo as centre looks blank?

Crap i cant count it is 18 sorry but got my post count up :eek: :eek::rolleyes:😄

Back