Moded xbox and unreadable discs

sr20det

Inactive User
Reaction score
Hi All,

I have a moded xbox, and upon buying and moding I bought a spindle of Aone Gold DVD+R DL discs, my firstgame I burnt was Tekken 6, and this worked a charm, thinking I had decent discs, and burner, burnt 3 more games. COD, Super SF, and RDR (Red Dead), more recent games, all 3 fail to work, and get either a blank screen, or Unreadable disc error.

Now seeing Tekken works, assume it cant be my burner or discs, or could it?

Did some research and it seems this error can occur on regions that are not valid.

I noticed that Tekken, was Region Free, and did work?

I also read Verbatim are the only ones that work? Yet my first Aone worked???

Now I have read about newer games having a newware firmware, and older drives not having a link switch or something?

It could indeed be these?

Any help appreciated.

p.s. Imgburn used for burning, and burning at 1x, using an old NEC 2500 drive?

I am tempted to get verbatim, but got a feeling it wont help

i use fortis disks and have never had any bother at all. i use clone cd , that might be worth a try. i have tried cheaper disks befor and they have worked on and off but have seen working cheap disked games fail after a while so i stick with fortis.

i use fortis disks and have never had any bother at all. i use clone cd , that might be worth a try. i have tried cheaper disks befor and they have worked on and off but have seen working cheap disked games fail after a while so i stick with fortis.

Thats the thing, following a tutorial many moons ago, first burn via imgburn, worked and I was chuffed.

Did one, folowed by a few more. I only got round to testing the new ones, today, and they didnt work, one said I needed an update, then stoped working.

Since, the games have failed, be it newer games, thought it might be the images, maybe the discs.

Assumed it might have been the images?

Is there a way to test an image/iso for its validity?

I have just done some readins about layer breaks, will try that.

Am really confused. Will get some Verbatims, wondering if they will make the difference?

I would buy a pioneer burner 1st and burn at no less than x4 speed and use infiniti 360 discs or verbs.If you click on the .dvd file when loading the iso in imgburn that sets the layerbreak correctly.Before burning run the iso through abgx360.

Last edited:
I would buy a pioneer burner 1st and burn at no less than x4 speed and use infiniti 360 discs or verbs.If you click on the .dvd file when loading the iso in imgburn that sets the layerbreak correctly.Before burning run the iso through abgx360.

Cheers, will get abgx, I did select via the .dvd file when burning, and burnt at 1x to be safe. Seeing one has worked (Tekken 6), assume the others would?

Any reason why they wouldnt?

It could be that I got lucky with the first one and disc.

Will get other discs, before buying a new burner.

I used the Aone's on my lappy, burnt em slow, no probs at all, but Verbs are the best all day long.

I use CDclone !

I was having a lot of coasters with the aones , so i stopped using them
Cheers, will get abgx, I did select via the .dvd file when burning, and burnt at 1x to be safe. Seeing one has worked (Tekken 6), assume the others would?

Any reason why they wouldnt?

It could be that I got lucky with the first one and disc.

Will get other discs, before buying a new burner.

I am on the abgx site, and reading about ixtreme, I bought my console about a year ago, and gave it to a friend of a friend, who modded it for me.

Nit got a clue what he done.

Do I need to flash my 360 with iextreme?

Sorry am a noob, I assumed once modded, its was all plug and play :(

Yes that`s probably your problem , the firmware will need updating , do you know what drive is in it?Mind you i think tekken 6 is a newish game.
I am on the abgx site, and reading about ixtreme, I bought my console about a year ago, and gave it to a friend of a friend, who modded it for me.

Nit got a clue what he done.

Do I need to flash my 360 with iextreme?

Sorry am a noob, I assumed once modded, its was all plug and play :(

Yes that`s probably your problem , the firmware will need updating , do you know what drive is in it?Mind you i think tekken 6 is a newish game.

Not a clue mate, its why I gave it to him.

I got Street fighter off him which worked and tekken 6, i just did Assasins creed and it worked, but that was a PAL, whereas my others were RF. Which makes me wonder if that is the case, yet Tekken was RF, so maybe it isnt, none the less abgx360.

I just downloaded abgx360. Pult the one that didnt work and got:

abgx360.jpg

Looking at tutorials the red isnt good???

Go to the abgx website click on `download` in the top left corner and download 3rd/4th/5th/6th Wave self-extracting archive (for Windows) - abgx360_video_waves_3-6_sfx.exe - 139 MB.

There is something wrong with the abgx printout, its showing an error at the bottom. This could also be a problem.

I use aone discs without problems, and have done for sometime. As others have said, use CloneCD/IMG Burn, Verbatim discs and a Pioneer burner for best results.

Just an update, I renamed the .dvsd file on SSF4, which didnt work previously, put it through abgx, and it indeed created the .dvd. I also ad the layer break set manually. After setting this manually to 19........, two discs have since worked?

I may look yo upgrade my DVD writer, but the fact that it works after certain modifications points at my process me thinks.

Gonna download the wave fixes as dave has suggested.

Do i need to manually specify the layer break manually, seeing two have worked with this setting, thinking if i set it back it will produce coasters again? I have read that abgx does this for you in the .dvd?

Many thanks all, getting there :)

Just an update, I renamed the .dvsd file on SSF4, which didnt work previously, put it through abgx, and it indeed created the .dvd. I also ad the layer break set manually. After setting this manually to 19........, two discs have since worked?

I may look yo upgrade my DVD writer, but the fact that it works after certain modifications points at my process me thinks.

Gonna download the wave fixes as dave has suggested.

Do i need to manually specify the layer break manually, seeing two have worked with this setting, thinking if i set it back it will produce coasters again? I have read that abgx does this for you in the .dvd?

Many thanks all, getting there :)

The layerbreak is set in the .dvd file. As long as your using these to burn it, then the program should auto set the layerbreak.

The layerbreak is set in the .dvd file. As long as your using these to burn it, then the program should auto set the layerbreak.

I will give it a bash without, hopefully abgx is enough to do the trick:)

Back