modded images?

digidude

Sheep worrier.
VIP Member
Reaction score
wizard.png

the guy above used to be one of the signs that id personally 'modified' an image

others have just worked out how to modify and create a 'backup' image of the twin (i saw it about a mmonth ago but didnt want to 'release' anything with the iQ bugs still present like the TM800 modified images were) and i wouldnt be surprised if one appears in the next day or 2

so this got me thinking

i know theres the DW image, which is the same across the board of receivers, and if anyone has any objections ill bin this idea in an instant, but what would people think about a modified DW image?

i used to take the best of what i could find, and add my own wierd spin to it, by modifying a live rootfs filesystem then making the image from that, this is how i made the twin image

so while i can add ANYTHING thats in the dmm or vu DW image TO the twin, im still unable to make anything other than a bog standard openpli image for the dmm or vu, which DOES piss me off a little, as his will mean that i myself could not make things backwards compatible for twin to others, but, could supply the source files used

reading the duo release thread was a little sickening tbh, some people KNOW what work goes into making an image, and some dont, yet still posted negative things about it

richard @ TM thinks the DW for the twin is THE BEST image hes ever seen on a technomate product, one of his exact quotes was 'its even better than iQ'

id like to make a 'modified by digidude of DW' image from what ive learned for the twin over the last few days, different skin, different plugins, links back to DW, like i used to do with the TM800

but dont want to upset or annoy anyone by doing so, which is why ive posted this first, but 'backup' images are going to start appearing

(i will be creating a basic image for receivers sold via my online store that will contain references to DW though)

tbh digi I dont see what the problem is m8?

where is the harm in doing modified images,there are lots of people doing exactly that :)

or am I missing something?

as for Richard's opinion on anything, who gives a fcuk even if he is impressed

@Rat

do you still have a copy of the bootscreen i used to put on the TM800 m8? if so, any chance of making it into an mvi please, ill have a rummage around my old laptop and find it just in case

found the screen, and found a tool rat posted a while back to make mvi from it, i had to crop and resize it first though, but, what do people think of the OSD, lots of changes still to make, and im working away from tomorrow, so itll be on hold till the weekend

the about screen will also be edited, it sais DW V1 as thats what im playing with live on the receiver at the moment :)

screenshotnew.jpg

screenshotnew2.jpg

glad your sorted
the image I had is 720x576, think madeinbeats made that one, the ones I made for the SE, Duo and Twin are 1280x720

looks like your sorted anyway :)

I remember making this one a while back as a starter for 10 for some feedback (720x576):

DWbootscreen720x576.jpg

If there's something specific you'd like I could try making something. If you're happy with the one your using, no worries. Just giving you an option mate :)

Can create whatever size boot image required without loss of image quality... (I hope!). Was also meaning to add that whatever boot image you'd like/use, I can (hopefully) create to fit elsewhere on other on-screen menus, as long as I have the image dimensions. It'll be in .jpeg format, so will need to be converted to .mvi if that's ok mate :)

Last edited:
Back