Minimum broadband speed?

dweb

Inactive User
Reaction score
Hi.I have fibre and a VU+Duo which is all good but I bought an Openbox V8S for my niece and set it up forher at my house with her own cline and it also works fine at my house but when it`s at her house,it works and clears all channels briefly,with regular skips(every 1 minute) but then stops clearing altogether after an hour or so.
She has Sky broadband which is around 1mb.
Is that the problem?
Her line is fine as I`ve used it at my house for a night.

would be on phone to that lot asking why 1 mb speed is all you get
should still work with slow speeds but that is abysmal

It depends on quality of line (ie noise) and also upload rate.

1mb is really low though so have you checked this out against what is "expected on average" for postcode?

First, disable sky broadband shield and do a pingtest.net test. You're looking at jitter value and the lower the better.

What is upload rate then if download is only 1mb?

some line suppliers suggest you need a special line if you are a sly customer for obvious reasons although I don't know what the differences are I would have thought sly of all would know which traffic to disrupt

Speed has nothing to do with it 1MB would be absolutely fine what you have to look at is the Quality of said line by doing a Ping test and report back what the results are

I meant to stop disruption of specific traffic that's what my line fella tells me
I know people with $ky bb and have no problems. Just ensure sky broadband shield is turned off.

Cheers guys.I`ll report back with the results as I was able to clear the channels on the same box at my own house with 3g tethering

issue is not sky
would pingtest mine but do not use java or flash player lol

Just use speedtest and that will tell you what you ping is. 1mb should be fine if ping is ok. 3g connection is not that good but 4g works great.

Back