Mgcam

AJT

Staff member
Reaction score
Hi guys whats the best mgcam for vix.I am running 135a is that correct..its working just wondering

Im not saying its any better but ive tended to use 1.38.

Hi i have another problem mgcam is not reading my cline.I did a test a removed nline now nothing..but its reading nline okay.

also installed 1.38 but not showing.

Last edited:
Hi i have another problem mgcam is not reading my cline.I did a test a removed nline now nothing..but its reading nline okay.

also installed 1.38 but not showing.

What way did you use your cline?

In newcamd.list or the better method in CCcamd.list

What way did you use your cline?

In newcamd.list or the better method in CCcamd.list

I have Cline in CCamd.list and Nline in new Ccand.list i have 2 lines trying to use both so it reads strongest first but its reading nline but not cline.

I have Cline in CCamd.list and Nline in new Ccand.list i have 2 lines trying to use both so it reads strongest first but its reading nline but not cline.

Have you got G: { 33 } in your mg_cfg file?

Have you got G: { 33 } in your mg_cfg file?

yes mate......It seems set up right.have checked cline its working with ccam.Nline is working but when i stop it for cline to takeover i get nothing
also noticed it not showing in server info.

yes mate......It seems set up right.have checked cline its working with ccam.Nline is working but when i stop it for cline to takeover i get nothing
also noticed it not showing in server info.

Hmm OK so have you tried adding it to newcamd.list instead replacing C: with CWS:

Hmm OK so have you tried adding it to newcamd.list instead replacing C: with CWS:

no i have added nline to there starting with cws = and leaving out the N but put cline in ccam.list as normal.

no i have added nline to there starting with cws = and leaving out the N but put cline in ccam.list as normal.

Might be worth trying, i know it's not the done thing but I'm running out of ideas lol

Its either that or just leave it in cccamd.list and start mgcamd by telnet and see what errors its giving :)

Might be worth trying, i know it's not the done thing but I'm running out of ideas lol

Its either that or just leave it in cccamd.list and start mgcamd by telnet and see what errors its giving :)

have tried but wont work as n line is a different server to c line so n goes in one and c in other but its not having the C line.
i have check all as well the set up is right i think have followed all tutorials and say the same thing.
This:There are 3 important files needed for sharing:

mg_cfg
cccamd.list
and
newcamd.list

To allow mgcamd to share from both CCcam and Newcs, you must ensure that in the file mg_cfg, you edit the settings for the value of G: { x }

Settings are cumulative, you sum the values of the emus you want to connect to.. Have a quick look, but don’t dwell on it.

Set G: { 33 }

Simple so far? it gets easier..

Edit cccamd.list and paste in a C-line as normal e.g.

C: myfriend.dyndns.com 12000 myname mypass

close and save.

Edit newcamd.list

You may see something like:

CWS_KEEPALIVE = 300
CWS_INCOMING_PORT = 21000

leave that alone..

If someone gives you an N-line like this

N: myfriend.dyndns.com 15000 myname mypass 01 02 03 04 05 06 07 08 09 10 11 12 13 14

add it to the end of the newcamd.list like this:

CWS = myfriend.dyndns.com 15000 myname mypass 01 02 03 04 05 06 07 08 09 10 11 12 13 14 server1

Close and save

Restart mgcamd.

I have extra files in my var/keys are they needed as well as the 3 above.? i have .ignore.list,peer.cfg,priority.list,replace,list
do these stay as well or do i delete.?
Sorry very first time setting up mgcam...

Last edited:
No they are fine,

Do you have the boxtype correct in mg_cfg?

I think offhand its B: { 6 }

No they are fine,

Do you have the boxtype correct in mg_cfg?

I think offhand its B: { 6 }

yes mate (06)
fecking pulling out my hair..everything looks set up proper..oh well.

@AJT

Any luck m8?
Did you try running mgcamd in telnet session to see what errors it gives?

Last edited by a moderator:
@AJT

Any luck m8?
Did you try running mgcamd in telnet session to see what errors it gives?

No mate still no luck.Nline is good but Cline dont work as yet no matter what i do.
don't know how to telnet anything mate.no clue.
And also when i reboot/off/on i have to manually start Mgcamd every time even though in manager it is ticked to enable at start.

Last edited by a moderator:
No mate still no luck.Nline is good but Cline dont work as yet no matter what i do.
don't know how to telnet anything mate.no clue.

OK basically you would use Putty to telnet into your box,you would stop the running cam using

killall -9 mgcamd

then type
ps

and check the list to make sure mgcamd is not running

then you would type

/usr/bin/mgcamd

providing the location above is correct,and the cam name is correct,mgcamd will start to run and show you what its doing on the telnet screen

From this you may be able to figure out why it doesnt work :)

OK basically you would use Putty to telnet into your box,you would stop the running cam using

killall -9 mgcamd

then type
ps

and check the list to make sure mgcamd is not running

then you would type

/usr/bin/mgcamd

providing the location above is correct,and the cam name is correct,mgcamd will start to run and show you what its doing on the telnet screen

From this you may be able to figure out why it doesnt work :)

okay when i open putty and put in the killall-9 it closes putty.
plus i would not know what to look for even if i got it right.?

EDIT: latest it says no process killed...after first command killall -9 mgcamd

Last edited:
okay when i open putty and put in the killall-9 it closes putty.
plus i would not know what to look for even if i got it right.?

Okay saying not found

lol ok try this way

Open putty and log into your box,

once in type ps and then it will give you a list of whats running,if mgcamd is running it will show up,it might be called mgcamd_135 or mgcamd_138 or just mgcamd,

remember the name anyway as you will need it,

If its in the list you need to stop it by typing killall -9 mgcamd or whatever the exact name of mgcamd is on your box

then type ps again to check that it has now disappeared from the list

Now you can start it again by typing in /usr/bin/mgcamd or whatever the correct name is for your version of mgcamd is

this should then throw up some information on screen,everytime you change channel it will give you information,
look for some sort of error like "cannot open" or "cannot decode" or something along those lines

Right its in the list after PS command.
it is listed as user/softcams/MGcamd 1.35a
when i enter Killall-9 MGcamd.1.35a it says not found.

Right its in the list after PS command.
it is listed as user/softcams/MGcamd 1.35a
when i enter Killall-9 MGcamd.1.35a it says not found.

Ok but you have typed in incorrectly above is that a typo?

If its user/softcams/MGcamd 1.35a then you typed Mgcamd.1.35a?? Is there supposed to be a dot or a space?

if you like you can also stop it throught he boxes cam menu I'm sure :)

Back