medion pna175

Highlander

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
oh well, i might as well post the first thread in this section.

i have a Medion PNA175 from Halfords.

it's a not bad machine, but the bird talking sometimes misses out words, like you could be driving down the rod, and she say "in a 100 yards" and that's it, 100 yards till what, or what shall i do in a 100 yards. lol

otherwise not bad.

still waiting to put poi warning for speed cameras on it, but it is boxed up at the minute as i am in the middle of packing cos i'm moving house, and no, i'm not moving 100 yards away lol.

if i remember rightly, it does, cos i tried something a while ago, and got to the windows page, so yes it does have an OS, i'll look into it again once i move and unpack, cheers.

Tomtom on 175

These 175's run winCE 4.2 core I have had tomtom runing once but cause i hadnt put the maps on it locked and ive never managed it since there are a few gps forums that say it has been done and tell you how but when i asked for help saying i had done the ce hack (which was on there forum) I got a load of stick of the mods for saying hack and tomtom in the same sentance. Perhaps they should have read it better!!! .

Any way now ive got that off my chest Ive come back to DW to find you now have a GPS forum, so has any one had any luck yet with ton tom on the 175

just bringing this back to the surface.

it has medion navigator 5.0 on it, but i have heard that 5.1 and 5.2 is out and even 6.0,

the reason i am asking is, where i live now is all new buildings and has only been built for like 2-3 years ago. and it is not in the satnav.

also the motoways M60 M61 M62 have all changed in last 12-18 months and now the satnav gives wrong info lol.

does anyone have the updated maps or links to them.

cheers in advance.

i thought you could run TT on this device witha simple unlock?

If you can get it running with that then I can help you with the maps.

Back