Max 2008 J-tagging problem

leviticus

Inactive User
Reaction score
Hi guy got a problem here that's doing my head in now I've got two max 2008's both faulty both with STi chips. If I jtag them with skymax2 they erase ok but wont write I'm using the 2008tsop.bin file but it seems to get halfway through and gives the error "cannot write to 7FF00000" and fails any ideas? Usually with the intel ones I don't have a problem jtagging them I just seems to be the STi one I have problems with.

I'm using an old Latitude laptop with parrallel port and a TMC jtag (buffered) on XP any help would be appreciated Cheers.

Use skymax 2 to erase flash, then without disconnecting anything, use Jkeys to do the flashing. Jkeys does seem to work better, but only when you have used skymax to open the port/ erase the flash. Im pretty sure there is a Jkeys tut around here somewhere. Hope that helps.

BTW just a quick return question - you say they are Eurovox Max 2008 - Are you referring to the all black model (ie no silver panel at front) Can you describe your problem ? Was it the old 2 green lights on the led or did it just simply die ?

reason i ask is my max 2008 has just started to report "no signal" and the sig is at 8% but having tried BOTH firmware several times im at a loss, wonder if i shoud jtag this too....hmmm

Back