matrix glitcher ....v1 ...anybody got experiance

i-zombie

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
since the coolrunners seem to be out of stock everywhere i thought id give these a try... its the version one and im trying to use it in a jasper 512 on one of the 12 dashes ,ive installed it and it glitched to xell quite slowly , now made image latest dash ,and i think its booted once into the dash other times it seems to do bugger all,and there seems to be very little info online about these buggers ,let alone fault finding and optimisation so if anybody has ever had a go please could you offer any advice on them

Im not sure if the matrix has a built in cap or maybe try adding one , as you did with the tx coolrunners rev A`s

There was a thread on TX regarding Jasper boot times using CR2, people were looping the cable around heatsinks and so forth. Oggy posted something about using the glitch chip with a cap and resistor. I have not been able to find the post unfortunately.

He did my big block Jasper (RGH 1) and it boots more or less instantly.

these chips are a bleeding joke,ill try caps,none floating around at the mo,boot times wouldnt be an issue if it actually booted,not a sausage,

I've a load of custom v1's with oscillator and LED mods. Pretty hit and miss tbh, I fit one first, if it works, great, if it doesn,t I swap it out for a TX one which are far more consistent.

FYI: They don't have any Cap on PLL_Bypass.

must agree
ive been lucky with coolrunners,never had a single issue with one,these things are horrid,in all the time ive been twatting with it ive booted xell 3 times and to dash once

Then put a 68nf / 100nf on F <-> GND and be done with it.

well bugger me,gone from no sign of life to instant booting,thank you

well ive gone from not booting to booting instantly,but now i seem to get picture drop outs,like the tv is losing signal,ive a feeling thats the a wire but not certain ill have a go tommorow

Back