Is this possible using RGH?

Smokin..o0O

Inactive User
Reaction score
Hey all.
Is it currently possible to set up a glitched console for someone to play games from hard drive with minimum number of button presses?
A disabled kid with severe difficulties, can't read but can easily recognise game cover images.
The kid can be destructive at times and xboxes have suffered awful torture in the past.
I have recently set up a console with an xkey for him but he's finding it hard to use and frustrating.
Theoretically what I would like to be able to do is supply the xbox that boots to a custom dash and has a simple menu to access and play games stored on a larger drive installed in the normal 360 drive case.
The console is a Jasper 256MB, with a liteon drive totally wrecked (by the kid).
I have just programmed and installed a TX coolrunner chip.
The dash is : 2.0.13604.0.
I have made 4 full 256 MB nand dumps, all match with no read errors or bad blocks.
Got the CPU key and info from 360flash dump tool tells me CB = 6750.
Thats as far as I've gone today and reading lots earlier has made a mess of my head.
As usual, the information seems to be out there but conflicting opinions and different views makes sourcing useful information a bit difficult.
Any info you can offer will be great, no matter if it's to tell me it can't be done.
The time spent on this already won't be wasted as it's been fun, in an interesting learning sorta way :)
Thanks.

He's a mates son shaun, and the xbox gaming is 1 of the very few things that keep him calm.
He's gone through a load of xboxes, dozens of game disks and many other more expensive items.
His parents do a great job and I don't think I could cope in their shoes.
If this project is viable, then it means the console could live out of harms way and should provide many hours of relative peace and tranquility :)

I have gone a step further now, have used jtag tool 4.23 create and flash a freeboot file and write it to my console.
Although I had already made nand dumps, I went through the steps in jtag tool from scratch and finished with flashing freeboot to the console.
Normal power up of console after a few green flashes of the coolrunner led, and it boots to what is as far as I can tell, the normal 13604 dash.
Powering on the console by the eject button brings up XeLL Reloaded which shows me the usual info but stops at IP stuff, there's no ethernet cable connected.
Am I being a bit dim here, what should I be seeing?

I'm a nugget :)
Figured out what freeboot actually is and does, so now I got XeX menu running from usb, just need to copy it to hard drive and should be good to go, at least now I know all the wiring and flashing works :

Back