Mario Kart and Soft Modding

wriggler

Inactive User
Reaction score
Hi all,

I'm considering Soft Modding my Wii with English's Final Pack, but before I do, I need to know whether it would be possible for me to play Mario Kart online.

I've turned off WiiConnect24 and noticed that whenever I want to play a competion from the Mario Kart Channel or online via the game I get an error stating that WC24 needs to be activated.

Will this happen once I do the Soft Mod as I know that WC24 has to be deactivated once the mod is installed or is there a patch that will enable me to play the game without the WC24 activated.

Oh, I've also noticed that the weather, news and shopping channel also need WC24 activated. Is there a work around for these too.

Your help and advice would be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance, Wriggler

not sure to be honest, i was wondering the same thing, although softmodding the best way i ended up chipping mine with a d2sun presolded it takes 10 mins to fit and comes with an external switch so u can turn the chip off when the wii's in standby if u want so no need to turn off connect24

not sure to be honest, i was wondering the same thing, although softmodding the best way i ended up chipping mine with a d2sun presolded it takes 10 mins to fit and comes with an external switch so u can turn the chip off when the wii's in standby if u want so no need to turn off connect24

I don't really want to open up the wii as it's still under warranty. From what I've read the Softmod can be uninstalled and reverted back to factory settings.

install hombrew channel, downgrade to 3.2e, install starfall, update the shop channel and mii channel with there independant updaters, install the softmod using the auto installer from the wii gater package and install backuploader wad so u have a channel for that and no need to run it from the sd card.

mii channel works fine u can use the shop channel also with no need to update to 3.4 and wc24 can be connected for the mario card compertition news letter and u wont get any forced updates and starfall will stop them updating from disk jobs a good un.

enjoy

install hombrew channel, downgrade to 3.2e, install starfall, update the shop channel and mii channel with there independant updaters, install the softmod using the auto installer from the wii gater package and install backuploader wad so u have a channel for that and no need to run it from the sd card.

mii channel works fine u can use the shop channel also with no need to update to 3.4 and wc24 can be connected for the mario card compertition news letter and u wont get any forced updates and starfall will stop them updating from disk jobs a good un.

enjoy

The updates you've mentioned, are they all part of English's Full SoftMod or would I need to download them seperately?

The update for the shop channel is in the Softmodding for Dummies package, the Mii Channel updater isn't. You can get it from here Mii Channel Updater - WiiBrew.

Folder structure is as follows:
Mii Channel Updater rev02
|_apps
|_Mii Channel Updater

Copy this last folder to your apps folder on your SD-card.

The update for the shop channel is in the Softmodding for Dummies package, the Mii Channel updater isn't. You can get it from here Mii Channel Updater - WiiBrew.

Folder structure is as follows:
Mii Channel Updater rev02
|_apps
|_Mii Channel Updater

Copy this last folder to your apps folder on your SD-card.

ur on this arent you mate? :)

i played mario kart backup softmod online perfectly

Yeah I'm really in to it and not finished yet :Smokin:

I've finally soft modded my wii without any problems. Managed to downgrade and install starfall. thanks for all you help fellas.

Cheers

my wii has is soft modded runnig ver 3.2 with starfall..
just 1 question..can i add the mario channell??

Back