Manchester United thread

I refer you to statements from many many Man Utd fans...history m8. Lets judge this season, I already stated you have had a better start this season than the last 2 but that means nothing.

I could say we are doing better than last year...why would I say that cos we win our 1st 2 matches last year.

The truth is on head to head matches we are doing better, last year we lost to Spurs and drew with Stoke, this year we lost to Spurs and beat Stoke easy.

You lot have a better head to head this year because the 2 teams you played were not in the EPL last year....lol.

Its all about bragging rights.......this will go on all season long no matter were each team is in the league.

I think nani has a point though, you need to replace Ronaldo, you may need 3 players to do that but it has to be done, if you dont get a goal scorer then you are fekked, Owen and Berb may be that option but only time will tell.

I will admit I had great pleasure it your result tonight. I hate Mann Utd just as much as you hate us....maybe hate is too strong a wrong.....replace that with loathe....lol.

Yea I get what your saying. I suppose its early days really, too early I think to be saying who will win the league!

But aside from that regarding Liverpool, I just don't see them winning the league... I'm not just saying that as I'm a Man Utd fan, I just don't think there strong enough... I dont think they can have the sort of consistency needed to do it...

Having said that, I'm worried about ourselves as well! If we'd lost Ronaldo and kept Tevez, I think we would have been able to cope... But losing both is too much, and we need to bring in at least one more player in this window to make up for losing two world class players...

On another completely different note... What the hell is going on with Sheva coming on for Chelsea yesterday! I thought he had gone back to Milan!?

For the last 3 seasons Man United have had total sh1te starts to the season (except they didnt lose to a newly promoted side), so nothing to worry about at moment at least. Only good thing about last night was that I had Blake in my fantasy squad =)

And it seems once again clinical finishing evades united

I think our lack of goal scorers from mdifield will prove the difference we really need another addition not saying this just because of last night but i feel we will lack goals

I think our lack of goal scorers from mdifield will prove the difference we really need another addition not saying this just because of last night but i feel we will lack goals
what about the lack of goals from the forwards?
with ronnies 26 goals and the assists he gave
dont know how many this is what u will be missing

Last edited:

what about the lack of goals from the forwards?

both of you correct, esp david.... rooney really must step up to the plate now, if he's that good he needs to show it....

Playing the likes of Man United, Chelsea, Everton & Liverpool in the early stages of the season could be a good thing as i wouldn't like to be playing them when we need to avoid relegation the last few weeks of the season.

Great result in the end but that first half performace we missed a fair few chances but thankfully it all came good in the end

Glad Berbatov and Owen got on the score sheet hopefully this will ease pressure on them but i still wasn't impressed with the finishing in the first half.

I should have placed a bet cos i predicted 5-0 with rooney scoring twice along with berbatov and owen, with final goal coming from valencia (which didnt happen).

Im also glad all 3 strikers got on scoresheet and hopefully will ease owen and berbatov nerves and pressure. Also good to see both Nani and Valencia playing their part

thought nani was brilliant today, just hope he isnt dropped/rested for park against arsenal next week. It full 90mins like these that will help him fulfill his potential...

also gr8 to see all 3 strikers score, esp rooney. hopefully he's realising that he needs to step up... gr8 finsh by owen and did u guys see the passion in berba's celebration!? lol

disappointed not to see anderson, he needs games too if he is to flourish in the middle. cant be playing 60 odd mins against burnley and then be dropped in the next game.... would like to see him start against arsenal alongside fletch next week.

Last edited:
thought nani was brilliant today, just hope he isnt dropped/rested for park against arsenal next week. It full 90mins like these that will help him fulfill his potential...

also gr8 to see all 3 strikers score, esp rooney. hopefully he's realising that he needs to step up... gr8 finsh by owen and did u guys see the passion in berba's celebration!? lol

disappointed not to see anderson, he needs games too if he is to flourish in the middle. cant be playing 60 odd mins against burnley and then be dropped in the next game.... would like to see him start against arsenal alongside fletch next week.

I agree Anderson should play for me we need him in the side his energy and passing ability is good. Hopefully he will be back for Arsenal game and he will put Fabregas in his back pocket lol

nani was good but some of his crosses and passes where piss poor and hope he improves on them

nani was good but some of his crosses and passes where piss poor and hope he improves on them

your right he sometimes doesn't have a clue whether to pass it or run at the defenders he gets caught in between

I thought Fletcher was very good today.

Still though i think we can and will improve as team. Hopefully we will have Rio back soon then the defensive side will be sorted.

this will improve with more games and mins on the pitch... its all about experience...

In that way he is similar to when Ronaldo first arrived at United, his decision-making and consistency will improve with experience, he looks like he will get lot more games this season so he will no doubt get better.

overall though was happy with the way they played and also the people who needed to score,now lets hope the floodgates open and also leave park out of the team and sell him to kfc, that lad gibson cant half hit the fookers aswell :proud:

In that way he is similar to when Ronaldo first arrived at United, his decision-making and consistency will improve with experience, he looks like he will get lot more games this season so he will no doubt get better.

Ronaldo was a 1st class A hole when he came to Manyoo, he would run right across the pitch dribbling the ball and then pass it to an oppenent lol.

Players at all clubs need time, I liked Valencia at wigan and I fear Fergie will make him a beter player.

Do you lot have the gooners next week ???

If so that should be a fekkin belter of a match.

i was looking for the wigan thread but funny enough i couldnt find it lol, i know im probably gonna get shot down for this but did anyone see what vidic did to hugo rodallega i was there and i havent got a clue what happened hes not been here long but its definatly not like him to chase a player and all you man-u men dont try telling me it was nothing because vidic as done it before lol, hopefully todays kicking will wake us up but tbh thats been said alot too.
ps any chance you want to take gomez too he couldnt hold his own in a under 12's game he spent more time on the floor he needs to get in the gym i think.

Last edited:
i was looking for the wigan thread but funny enough i couldnt find it lol, i know im probably gonna get shot down for this but did anyone see what vidic did to hugo rodallega i was there and i havent got a clue what happened hes not been here long but its definatly not like him to chase a player and all you man-u men dont try telling me it was nothing because vidic as done it before lol, hopefully todays kicking will wake us up but tbh thats been said alot too.
ps any chance you want to take gomez too he couldnt hold his own in a under 12's game he spent more time on the floor he needs to get in the gym i think.

yeh a seen the nothing what vidic did :proud:,,like the ref seen feckall when drogba clotheslined evra the other week

Back