Manchester United thread

If only Berbatov performed like that in every game, was the type of performance he put in nearly every week last season for Spurs. Hopefully next season he will do the same

fair enough he had a decent game, i wouldnt say it was top drawer, but it was an improvement on his usual standards... He needs to be more of a goal threat, instead of doodling outside the box... Still though he has improved over the last 2-3 games, u can see him chasing back, more effort which are 'good' signs...

What you reckon people Saturday the big day for us i think it should be! Would be great to win it on Saturday before Liverpool play on Sunday!

I think Wigan will be a difficult game but we should get the 3 points and then we have Arsenal which will be even more difficult considering all what has happend recently!

Come on United!

What you reckon people Saturday the big day for us i think it should be! Would be great to win it on Saturday before Liverpool play on Sunday!

I think Wigan will be a difficult game but we should get the 3 points and then we have Arsenal which will be even more difficult considering all what has happend recently!

Come on United!

All im saying is this if we get 3 points or even 1 @ the JJB then my arse shall be planted firmly on a bar stool on Salford Quays from around 12 o clock saturday :) Ive done all but sell my granny trying to get tickets for it but no fookin chance. Theres 76000 rite selfish basquirts out there that just wont let go off them tickets for love nor money, I wouldn't mind but most of the arsenal fans may well be gone by half time ;) It will be tough and the gunners will be hurting and wanting a big performance. First goal crucial, we get it then they might just crumble, they get it then it's game on.

TOP OF THE LEAGUE AND THATS A FACT

Last edited:
Ive done all but sell my granny trying to get tickets for it but no fookin chance. Theres 76000 rite selfish basquirts out there that just wont let go off them tickets for love nor money

lol... m8 i've a season ticket which i share with my brother and sister (dad's got the other)... anyways i've given up the last 3 league games and the arsenal semi as a deal to go on saturday lol

Manchester United Reserves

Bolton 0 United 0: Tošić on target as Reds retain the Manchester Senior Cup

Posted by nickogs20 on May 12, 2009

msclogo.gif

May 12th 2009, 7pm
Reebok Stadium, Bolton
bolton.png
-
united.png
Bolton Wanderers Reserves 0-1 Manchester United Reserves - - Tošić 8

The first of what we all hope will be several trophies is in the cabinet this May after Ole Gunnar Solskjaer’s reserve side overcame Bolton Wanderers by a goal to nil at the Reebok Stadium this evening to keep a firm hold on the Manchester Senior Cup. An early deflected freekick from Zoran Tošić, the Serbian’s first goal in United colours, was ultimately enough to hand the Reds victory in a repeat of last year’s final, although both sides could and should have added to the scoreline, goalkeepers Ben Amos and Adam Bogdan playing a massive part in them not doing so.

Re: Manchester United Reserves

yea i read about that earlier..

Tošić seems a real prospect and i hope he does well wen he reaches the first team... I would just replace Nani with him now.. i am sure he'd do a better job lol

yea i read about that earlier..

Tošić seems a real prospect and i hope he does well wen he reaches the first team... I would just replace Nani with him now.. i am sure he'd do a better job lol

lol... to be fair to nani though, he just hasnt been given a consistent run in the team, this leading to short of confidence. I believe he can still make if he's given the chance. He had a fantastic season last yr, brilliant goals and a number of crucial assists. His 1st season was a lot better than ronaldo's 1st... I also feel that he came to Utd under a lot of pressure (apparently £17m?? and comparisons to ronaldo) and too much was expected of him too soon. His got all the attributes to be a very, very good winger....

lol... to be fair to nani though, he just hasnt been given a consistent run in the team, this leading to short of confidence. I believe he can still make if he's given the chance. He had a fantastic season last yr, brilliant goals and a number of crucial assists. His 1st season was a lot better than ronaldo's 1st... I also feel that he came to Utd under a lot of pressure (apparently £17m?? and comparisons to ronaldo) and too much was expected of him too soon. His got all the attributes to be a very, very good winger....

Yea you could see it from that point.. i also thought he had a much better first season that Ronaldo..

but the thing with Nani that annoys me is that he too interested in the night life.. you must have heard the stories about Nani where he'd go to girls in clubs and say "you, ****?" lol etc

he definitely has the ability to become a very good player but his reluctance to work hard is the annoying part..
remember Ronaldinho? he thought he was too good even to go training with the team and look where he is now..

ok Nani was never considered "the best player in the world" but he should really take a look at how Ronaldinho's night life hurt his career..

I agree with you Nani has never been given a run of games say 5-6 games in a row so can't judge him this season as he has had lack of playing time.

As for Tosic he is a really good player he has a rocket of a shot on him.

Fergie wants to keep tevez

Sir Alex Ferguson insists he wants Carlos Tevez to stay at Old Trafford after the Argentinian scored the first goal in Manchester United's 2-1 win at Wigan tonight.

Tevez equalised with an impudent back-heel after Hugo Rodallega had given the Latics a first-half lead before Michael Carrick scored an 87th-minute winner to leave United only a point away from retaining their Barclays Premier League title.

Tevez's future has been in the spotlight over the past few days, with the former West Ham player quoted in a Sunday newspaper saying he does not expect to stay at the champions.

However, following tonight's victory at the JJB Stadium, Ferguson told Sky Sports 1: "He is a fantastic player.

"He knows I want him to stay. I had a chat with him today and (chief executive) David Gill has had meetings with him.

"I'm sorry I have to keep on going on about this, it has never changed.

"(The fact) we're not negotiating with a football club is the problem - we'll see."

Re: Fergie wants to keep tevez

Sir Alex Ferguson insists he wants Carlos Tevez to stay at Old Trafford after the Argentinian scored the first goal in Manchester United's 2-1 win at Wigan tonight.

Tevez equalised with an impudent back-heel after Hugo Rodallega had given the Latics a first-half lead before Michael Carrick scored an 87th-minute winner to leave United only a point away from retaining their Barclays Premier League title.

Tevez's future has been in the spotlight over the past few days, with the former West Ham player quoted in a Sunday newspaper saying he does not expect to stay at the champions.

However, following tonight's victory at the JJB Stadium, Ferguson told Sky Sports 1: "He is a fantastic player.

"He knows I want him to stay. I had a chat with him today and (chief executive) David Gill has had meetings with him.

"I'm sorry I have to keep on going on about this, it has never changed.

"(The fact) we're not negotiating with a football club is the problem - we'll see."

Hopefully we can keep a hold of him but Fergies point is Tevez's agent and he's obviously holdind the club to ransom. Tevez himself aint helping the situation by being MINT. These greedy cnuts of agents need to be sorted out because they are pushing the prices through the roof and affecting the whole game from top to bottom.
Well done to Wigan tonight they played very well but alas utd had to much in the end and as a utd fan i always felt the win would come even with rob styles doing all he could to ensure they wouldnt. Doing it the hard way again but 2 games left and a point to gain theres no stopping us now.

gr8 news about carlos, hopefully it can be wrapped up very soon.... and also hopefully title is wrapped up on saturday, dont wana leave it till the hull game.. players can then be rested before we head of to rome to face the scouse.................................................................................................................................. oooooops i meant barca! lmao

gr8 news about carlos, hopefully it can be wrapped up very soon.... and also hopefully title is wrapped up on saturday, dont wana leave it till the hull game.. players can then be rested before we head of to rome to face the scouse.................................................................................................................................. oooooops i meant barca! lmao

lmao @scouse lol

i agree with u but i think this Tevez saga is going to drag on unfortunately

lmao @scouse lol

i agree with u but i think this Tevez saga is going to drag on unfortunately

well they've 'offered' him a contract today so i suppose that a good sign... but apparently his plonker advisor has come out and said talks have taken place but no contract has been offered so i dunno...

well they've 'offered' him a contract today so i suppose that a good sign... but apparently his plonker advisor has come out and said talks have taken place but no contract has been offered so i dunno...
the problem is that when u signed him on loan a deal was agreed that u would pay x amount for the loan period and then a sum to purchase on completion of the loan

now u are trying to get him on the cheap

if u dont grab him i think u are fools
he is better than lazyboy berba

the problem is that when u signed him on loan a deal was agreed that u would pay x amount for the loan period and then a sum to purchase on completion of the loan

Think this one has gone beyond the clubs control
Greedy bastard agent will hand him to highest bidder
pffffffffft fookin CITY

i agree m8, but it seems the current economic climate has hit the club... The thing is no-one other than two parties know what the remaining figure is... Keep on reading conflicting reports. If its around £20m then fair enough coz we've already paid £10m for the 2yr loan, so he'll end up costing around £30m and considering what he has acheived and his hunger and desire for the club.. However if its an additional £30m then that quite a bit, £40m altogether in any economic climate is a lot.... Also his agent is trying to sell him to the highest bidder coz in the end the £££ is going to his company... No doubt though we should have wrapped his transfer up before signin berba...

Back