Manchester United thread

Feel sound pal [emoji51]
6 points off the top of the table [emoji23][emoji23]

My exact words were “Ferguson saw Pogba sold” nothing about him having had enough. You’ve just made that bit up [emoji6]

Anyway turned out nice 🤫

He wasn't sold though! FFS, if you give something away for free, then how is that selling?

Feel sound pal [emoji51]
6 points off the top of the table [emoji23][emoji23]

My exact words were “Ferguson saw Pogba sold” nothing about him having had enough. You’ve just made that bit up [emoji6]

Anyway turned out nice 🤫

He wasn't sold though! FFS, if you give something away for free, then how is that selling?

Yes, thanks for the clarity. I know the difference as already admitted the mistake.

Move on FFS [emoji6]

Yes, thanks for the clarity. I know the difference as already admitted the mistake.

Move on FFS
emoji6.png

Your quote clearly states "Ferguson saw him sold". He wasn't sold, he left for free.

And you said I was being fickle, I wasn't I was being pedantic. If you're going to say stuff at least fact check what you're saying first. In the times of google, stuff is quite easily verifiable. I could claim to be a Nigerian Prince, but everyone knows im actually from Wakanda.

Im sure you feel your shit is chocolate, as you've won tonight, but you've got serious problems there atm. Majority of the team are people who Mourinho has bought, two of the scorers tonight Mourinho has sold, or wanted to sell. And the 3rd one was absolutely panned by the boss during midweek. No doubt you'll be winning the league after todays performance, but lets not forget you've only beaten Newcastle, who haven't beaten anyone this season, so I wouldn't go thinking you're out of the woods yet.

Move on FFS
emoji6.png

Your quote clearly states "Ferguson saw him sold". He wasn't sold, he left for free.

And you said I was being fickle, I wasn't I was being pedantic. If you're going to say stuff at least fact check what you're saying first. In the times of google, stuff is quite easily verifiable. I could claim to be a Nigerian Prince, but everyone knows im actually from Wakanda.

Im sure you feel your shit is chocolate, as you've won tonight, but you've got serious problems there atm. Majority of the team are people who Mourinho has bought, two of the scorers tonight Mourinho has sold, or wanted to sell. And the 3rd one was absolutely panned by the boss during midweek. No doubt you'll be winning the league after todays performance, but lets not forget you've only beaten Newcastle, who haven't beaten anyone this season, so I wouldn't go thinking you're out of the woods yet.

Jeebus mate. Move on FFS [emoji23]
Sold/left on a free I am deeply deeply sorry for the misunderstanding you pedantic old fart [emoji28]
Nobody but the scousers win the league in October.

It was nice to see a team that for 40 minutes looked hungry and hunted the result down until it finally came. Of course it’s a million miles from where we need to be but that was a side United for the second half.
I’ll take that for now.
Pogba was different class to anyone on the field and he was playing for the shirt, for himself and better still, for the manager.

I’ve just got a feeling in my bones that Mourinho is going to turn this around, for the first time in his career! Intrigued to see what kind of monster could emerge from the fire if he can.

Sold/left on a free I am deeply deeply sorry for the misunderstanding you pedantic old fart [emoji28]

It was nice to see a team that for 40 minutes looked hungry and hunted the result down until it finally came. Of course it’s a million miles from where we need to be but that was a side United for the second half.
I’ll take that for now.
Pogba was different class to anyone on the field and he was playing for the shirt, for himself and better still, for the manager.

I’ve just got a feeling in my bones that Mourinho is going to turn this around, for the first time in his career! Intrigued to see what kind of monster could emerge from the fire if he can.

You're presuming I support Liverpool. I dont. And the league is a marthon and not a sprint, you're not going to win it in October, or in April, IMO you'll be lucky to get into the top 4, but that 4th place is up for grabs.

Mourinho needed that result last night, as if he had loss then it would've been all over for him at the club.

Misunderstanding - no
Old - possibly
Fart - at least 8 times a day

I’ll take that for now.

You're presuming I support Liverpool. I dont. And the league is a marthon and not a sprint, you're not going to win it in October, or in April, IMO you'll be lucky to get into the top 4, but that 4th place is up for grabs.

Mourinho needed that result last night, as if he had loss then it would've been all over for him at the club.

Misunderstanding - no
Old - possibly
Fart - at least 8 times a day

No, I’m not presuming you’re a Liverpool fan, I was just pointing out that it’s not a United trait to win the league before May, that’s a scouse thing. Liverpool fans had this years title sown up in August lol.

The result was by the by last night, it was that second half “performance” that was required by Mourinho and he got it from his players. Nobody is suggesting that result is the end of Uniteds troubles but it’s proof that there’s a football team under all the rot.

Funny how United grab all the headlines even when they’re shite.
United currently have the same amount of PL points as Liverpool had at this stage last year. Got largely ignored by the media and yes, they were playing tripe. Couldn’t have scored in a brothel with 50 quid hanging out of their shorts.

Funny what you find on twitter [emoji4]

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Last edited:
No, I’m not presuming you’re a Liverpool fan, I was just pointing out that it’s not a United trait to win the league before May, that’s a scouse thing. Liverpool fans had this years title sown up in August lol.

The result was by the by last night, it was that second half “performance” that was required by Mourinho and he got it from his players. Nobody is suggesting that result is the end of Uniteds troubles but it’s proof that there’s a football team under all the rot.

Funny how United grab all the headlines even when they’re shite.
United currently have the same amount of PL points as Liverpool had at this stage last year. Got largely ignored by the media and yes, they were playing tripe. Couldn’t have scored in a brothel with 50 quid hanging out of their shorts.

Funny what you find on twitter [emoji4]

Ffs more history to hide the fact that you was shite.I wonder how much Maureen paid the players to come out in the second half?.🤔😉

From that exact video migster [emoji51]

Jenas says managers make mistakes and highlighted how Liverpool boss Klopp and Manchester City manager Pep Guardiola both signed goalkeepers early in their respective reigns but the deals did not work out.

Loris Karius was signed by Klopp in 2016 and was affectively replaced by Alisson at Anfield this summer.

Meanwhile Guardiola signed Claudio Bravo from Barcelona the same summer but a year later replaced him with Brazil international Ederson.

“There are other managers that have made similar mistakes,” Jenas said on BT Sport.

“Top managers, Jurgen Klopp, Pep Guardiola with goalkeepers.

"They’ve all bought a couple and gone ‘I’ve still not got it right, I need this one’ and they’ve been backed by their clubs. That is his (Mourinho’s) frustration.

Former United centre-back Rio Ferdinand agreed with Jenas and believes Jose Mourinho cannot understand why his rival managers have been backed but not him.

Ferdinand said: “Man City spent £100m on full-backs. One of them isn’t even playing, Danilo isn’t playing.

"The goalkeeper, Bravo, is not even playing. Gone and got new ones, better ones.

“He’s looking across the road and thinking ‘why aren’t we doing that?’.

"That’s where I think his frustration lies.”

The frustration lies in Woodward and the Glazers. Shall we,shall we not, is not an option. Panic buying can cause a lot of heartache if it doesn't work out. Bravo was a disaster.Danilo wrapped in cotton wool perhaps?.You, United, need defenders what is the point in Pogba running back to defend?. Because he hasnt got the confidence in the back line up.Your players were all over the field in the first half absolutely clueless.

The frustration lies in Woodward and the Glazers. Shall we,shall we not, is not an option. Panic buying can cause a lot of heartache if it doesn't work out. Bravo was a disaster.Danilo wrapped in cotton wool perhaps?.You, United, need defenders what is the point in Pogba running back to defend?. Because he hasnt got the confidence in the back line up.Your players were all over the field in the first half absolutely clueless.

This is why United fans aren’t convinced that changing the manager is the answer. What’s the point if the owners won’t back the next guy.
Our owners have taken a billion out of the club and by contrast Cities owners have put 1.6 billion in. Whilst you don’t expect United to match that kind of spending you expect it to match bloomin Liverpool’s!
United finished 19 points behind City last year and our owners granted the manager a massive £30 million net spend in order to catch up. Then reports that Woodward didn’t trust Mourinho enough to sign the players he wanted, all this lit the blue touch paper to what we see today. If they didn’t trust him, they should have sacked him.

Think Gary Neville summed it up when he said that Woodward was playing football manager with the biggest club in the World. How is this guy more qualified to choose the playing staff than one of world footballs most decorated managers? It beggars belief lol.
Woody head pecker should be moved away from transfer activity, let him do what he does best with his ability to attract money to the club and keep it at the top of the Forbes rich list. Allow the club to appoint a top class DOF to work with the manager on signings.
I can see that becoming a reality in the near future.

Now then who do we want to win this afternoon....draw will keep us in striking distance of the top of the table pmsl.

This is why United fans aren’t convinced that changing the manager is the answer. What’s the point if the owners won’t back the next guy.
Our owners have taken a billion out of the club and by contrast Cities owners have put 1.6 billion in. Whilst you don’t expect United to match that kind of spending you expect it to match bloomin Liverpool’s!
United finished 19 points behind City last year and our owners granted the manager a massive £30 million net spend in order to catch up. Then reports that Woodward didn’t trust Mourinho enough to sign the players he wanted, all this lit the blue touch paper to what we see today. If they didn’t trust him, they should have sacked him.

Think Gary Neville summed it up when he said that Woodward was playing football manager with the biggest club in the World. How is this guy more qualified to choose the playing staff than one of world footballs most decorated managers? It beggars belief lol.
Woody head pecker should be moved away from transfer activity, let him do what he does best with his ability to attract money to the club and keep it at the top of the Forbes rich list. Allow the club to appoint a top class DOF to work with the manager on signings.
I can see that becoming a reality in the near future.

Now then who do we want to win this afternoon....draw will keep us in striking distance of the top of the table pmsl.
Pmpl a draw will do but a win would be nice.Chelsea is looking good gasman are you up for it next week?.😉

Last edited:
Bravo was brought in as a temporary measure. He was a "footballing" keeper unlike Charles Hart.

I agree that the Glaziers are to take some of the blame, they're milking the company for all it's worth. It's a modern trait in football today. But at the sametime they have backed mourinho, perhaps not to the extent that ferguson was backed, but you cannot just throw money at it when it doesn't work. The glaziers are business men first and foremost. Mourinho has to take some of the flack for the players he's bought who aren't very performing, he's bought 3/4 centre backs and none of them are playing. He tried to sign Yerry Mina from Barcelona, but he went to Everton instead as Silva rang him, and mourinho didn't. I think that says alot about the manager.

You've not got a good enough backbone atm, you need a pair of centre backs who are going to play week in week out, you dont have a leader at the back. If you didn't have De Gea in goals, then you'd likely have lost a lot more games than you have. That guy is awesome, and only thanks to Courtois going to RM have you kept him.

You need a leader at the back, a creative midfielder, or allow Sanchez to have a free role, up front you need stability, and i'd play Marital most weeks, his pace is immense, but that means leaving out rashford, who is also a very good talent.

Who would be the DOF choice? I know Arnessen did it at Chelsea whilst mourinho was there, but im pretty sure he got moved on, as mourinho didn't like having a DOF. I dont think there are simple answers for you guys sadly, it's time to take stock, re-evalutate and see where you are.

As for the twitter stuff, im not sure the relevance of German or Spanish football. Spurs are not all that, and they have elevated their own expectations, I appreciate they beat RM last season, but that was 1 game, and they've not won anything.

As for the win %, if he got sacked tomorrow, then fair enough that would stand, but Ferguson had that ratio over 22 years, Mourinho's only been in the job 5 mins. It's like winning your first game, then resigning, and pointing out you've got a 100% record.

As for my twitter post, that's one of your own fans walking out because they were 2-0 down, lets remember you only beat Newcastle, who haven't won all season, so not like you've beaten one of the top teams is it.

Bravo was brought in as a temporary measure. He was a "footballing" keeper unlike Charles Hart.

I agree that the Glaziers are to take some of the blame, they're milking the company for all it's worth. It's a modern trait in football today. But at the sametime they have backed mourinho, perhaps not to the extent that ferguson was backed, but you cannot just throw money at it when it doesn't work. The glaziers are business men first and foremost. Mourinho has to take some of the flack for the players he's bought who aren't very performing, he's bought 3/4 centre backs and none of them are playing. He tried to sign Yerry Mina from Barcelona, but he went to Everton instead as Silva rang him, and mourinho didn't. I think that says alot about the manager.

You've not got a good enough backbone atm, you need a pair of centre backs who are going to play week in week out, you dont have a leader at the back. If you didn't have De Gea in goals, then you'd likely have lost a lot more games than you have. That guy is awesome, and only thanks to Courtois going to RM have you kept him.

You need a leader at the back, a creative midfielder, or allow Sanchez to have a free role, up front you need stability, and i'd play Marital most weeks, his pace is immense, but that means leaving out rashford, who is also a very good talent.

Who would be the DOF choice? I know Arnessen did it at Chelsea whilst mourinho was there, but im pretty sure he got moved on, as mourinho didn't like having a DOF. I dont think there are simple answers for you guys sadly, it's time to take stock, re-evalutate and see where you are.

As for the twitter stuff, im not sure the relevance of German or Spanish football. Spurs are not all that, and they have elevated their own expectations, I appreciate they beat RM last season, but that was 1 game, and they've not won anything.

As for the win %, if he got sacked tomorrow, then fair enough that would stand, but Ferguson had that ratio over 22 years, Mourinho's only been in the job 5 mins. It's like winning your first game, then resigning, and pointing out you've got a 100% record.

As for my twitter post, that's one of your own fans walking out because they were 2-0 down, lets remember you only beat Newcastle, who haven't won all season, so not like you've beaten one of the top teams is it.

Yes I know what the twitter post was, bet he felt like a proper legend at full time lol.

Moncho and Paratici have been mentioned as sporting director or whatever role the club create to take up the slack between manager and board. It’s almost a certainty that this change will happen, who it is and the exact role they have are still up in the air.

Mourinho is in his 3rd season, not his first game. The win percentage is impressive, in recent terms, it’s second only to Guardiola who inherited a squad with a billion pounds of investment and then spent another 700 million or so.
Mourinho on the other hand inherited a broken Man Utd who were outside the CL places and had invested around 400m total in his tenure.
Klopps win record is 54% his
Starting to thing you’re on the wum or a total abu, it’s certainly one or the other.

Yes, we need a leader at the back, which is exactly what Mourinho attempted to tell the board during the Summer but they apparently knew better. Mourinho has bought 2 center backs. Not 3 or 4 but I won’t harp on about your mistake there. He’s brought in Lindeloff and Bailly, neither of which has worked out so well, Lindeloff is just shit. Bailly not so much, he would be fine with a proper CB next to him. Mourinho couldn’t have given the board more clarity on this position. He handed them a list.

Sound then, getting rid of Joe Hart and replacing him with a hapless goon “temporarily” is a great strategy, I’m sure that was exactly the plan.
As was Klopps strategy of bringing in the hapless Karius, to replace the hapless Mignolet. Likely as a temp fix until they could bring in the hapless wally they currently have between the sticks.
The point being made was that all managers make purchases that don’t work out, so they try again. United needed a big leader at the back. We got Fred the red (marketing ploy) and a teenage FB. No wonder Mourinho is frustrated.

A WUM or total abu? You need to explain that sorry.

Difference being in me getting stuff wrong about Man Utd, is that I am not a fan of them, so why would I know everything? So please harp on as much as you want. Im sure it'll make you feel all the more better. Also, he's still only in his 3rd season. Ferguson had that ratio over 23 years! Im not saying he's a bad manager, im just saying that you're worshiping the guy, he could take a shit on your chest and you'd happily eat it.

He's tried to sign more than 2, Lindlelof he paid how much for? You have to admit he's made mistakes in the players he has signed. He's spent nearly 500m on players he brought into the club, surely he has to take some responsibility for those? If Lindelof is so shit, then who's to blame for the money spent on him? The board? The manager? The scouting system?

You seem to keep comparing to Liverpool and Man City, who cares what they've spent or done? We're not talking about them tbh.

As for the comment about Guardiola inheriting a squad, what did Mourinho do? Sign a whole team on his own? Of course he didnt. All of the players he's signed are below, 10 in total, 1 swap, seems like a lot of wastage to me if im honest. But please point the finger at Liverpool or City like you normally do, showing how much they've spent or wasted.

Leicester have proven, that you dont need to spend millions to win the premier league. I'll address your other whinges when you make them :D

122153-1477054749.jpg

105,00 Mill. €

96341-1401194535.jpg

84,70 Mill. €

191614-1515442833.jpg

59,00 Mill. €

74683-1498839702.jpg

44,70 Mill. €

55735-1515761398.jpg

42,00 Mill. €

286384-1447254981.jpg

38,00 Mill. €

184573-1474546135.jpg

35,00 Mill. €

357147-1489135379.jpg

22,00 Mill. €

s_13460_22_2013_09_26_1.jpg

1,70 Mill. €

40433-1407934034.jpg

Swap deal

A WUM or total abu? You need to explain that sorry.

Difference being in me getting stuff wrong about Man Utd, is that I am not a fan of them, so why would I know everything? So please harp on as much as you want. Im sure it'll make you feel all the more better. Also, he's still only in his 3rd season. Ferguson had that ratio over 23 years! Im not saying he's a bad manager, im just saying that you're worshiping the guy, he could take a shit on your chest and you'd happily eat it.

He's tried to sign more than 2, Lindlelof he paid how much for? You have to admit he's made mistakes in the players he has signed. He's spent nearly 500m on players he brought into the club, surely he has to take some responsibility for those? If Lindelof is so shit, then who's to blame for the money spent on him? The board? The manager? The scouting system?

You seem to keep comparing to Liverpool and Man City, who cares what they've spent or done? We're not talking about them tbh.

As for the comment about Guardiola inheriting a squad, what did Mourinho do? Sign a whole team on his own? Of course he didnt. All of the players he's signed are below, 10 in total, 1 swap, seems like a lot of wastage to me if im honest. But please point the finger at Liverpool or City like you normally do, showing how much they've spent or wasted.

Leicester have proven, that you dont need to spend millions to win the premier league. I'll address your other whinges when you make them :D

122153-1477054749.jpg

105,00 Mill. €

96341-1401194535.jpg

84,70 Mill. €

191614-1515442833.jpg

59,00 Mill. €

74683-1498839702.jpg

44,70 Mill. €

55735-1515761398.jpg

42,00 Mill. €

286384-1447254981.jpg

38,00 Mill. €

184573-1474546135.jpg

35,00 Mill. €

357147-1489135379.jpg

22,00 Mill. €

s_13460_22_2013_09_26_1.jpg

1,70 Mill. €

40433-1407934034.jpg

Swap deal

Wind Up Merchant
Anyone But United

You’re clearly one or the other as you’ve taken time out of your busy life supporting Reading or Watford or some such to do some homework on United.

Mourinhos win ratio is impressive no matter how you try to downplay it. No other manager except Pep beats it and look at the differences in squad prices.
Obviously you’ve not done much homework on City, if you had you would have found that Pep inherited a squad that was in brilliant shape, which he then threw £648 million at to get them to the stage where they are, such is his managerial talent.

As stated in post above, all managers make mistakes, Ferguson signed djemba djemba who was so good they named him twice. David Bellion and some homeless lad from South America, remember that keeper we had for about 83 minutes [emoji23]
Klopp and Pep have had a good share of crap on their books, it’s just what happens and the money men have to back or sack the managers they choose.

All of the Mourinho signings you’ve shared barring a few have finished in 2nd place last year, some have won European silverware others have yet to make their mark, one was swapped and another is pure shite.

I’m not worshiping Mourinho, I don’t particularly care for him if I’m honest. But he’s one of the best available options and isn’t the only villain of the piece. Need to get the house in order, make a proper assessment and then make a long term decision. We sack him now and start again with no succession planning in place.
Great plan [emoji106] worked a treat in the past that has pmsl.

TBH, i've not taken anytime at all. I read a lot, and stuff sticks in my head. It's called an eidetic memory, so I don't need to research anything. Mourinho didn't inherit a bad squad either, and it's been built over a much longer period. Again you refer to City, we know they've spent a considerable amount of money, but that has brought considerable results and revenue as well.

I don't support Reading or Watford either. Instead of guessing, why don't you ask :)

Again i'm not saying Pep or Klopp haven't made mistakes, but again you're comparing your team/money spent to their team/money spent. Let's concentrate on the points at hand, which is how poor Man Utd are at present, and if that's down to the manager/squad or lack of funds as you feel.

You're now saying that the signings have won silverware elsewhere, so that makes them good? I'd be interested in knowing who you think is pure shite, as it was still mourinho's choice to buy him. And winning silverware elsewhere doesn't mean you'll adapt to the premiership, which is a very different league to Spain/France/Italy, as many great players have found out to their detriment . E.G;

Veron - Brilliant in Italy, Average in the Premiership
Morata - Brilliant in Italy, Average in the Premiership

The list could go on, but just two examples.

You beat newcastle, let that sink in. They haven't won a game so far this season, and everything is rosey again? The last bit of what you wrote, is probably the most sensible thing I think you've written in this whole thread. I'd agree there are few managers that could come in and change things around quickly, but you have to realise that it's a rebuilding operation, and over night success isn't going to happen. Your dominance is over, has been for a few years now, and it'll likely take some years to get back to the heady heights that you once enjoyed. Unfortunately, it seems that you all think you can get that back quickly, which isn't going to happen without a long term plan, money being spent on great players, mourinho isn't someone who brings the youth through, he's someone who buys a ready made player to slot into the team. He's always been the same at all his clubs bar porto. But lets be honest, I think anyone on DW could put a team together to win the Portuguese league.

Im not winding you up either, or not intentionally. Im just enjoying the discussion, you seem to think im out to get you, or to show you up. Again, im just chewing the fat. I'd do it with a liverpool fan or a city fan, or any fan for that matter, the problem with being a fan is, that you struggle to see outside the bubble you live in, you have little to no objectivity. Im neither a WUM or ABU, but if that's how you feel then cool, you've assumed that, and to assume makes an ass out of you and me.

Back