Manchester United thread

Code:
You don't have permission to view the code content. Log in or register now.

Yea, and Peps just a top quality coach.
Aww man, it brings tears to a glass eye. Money well spent pmpl.[emoji23][emoji23][emoji106]

Yea man, all that money well spent [emoji23][emoji23]
Manchester City: rating every signing in 10 years of Abu Dhabi ownership

Look at all those brilliant CL performances you’ve gotten for your 1.5 billion in the last 10 years.
Polishing of Cities CL trophies, easiest job in football [emoji28]

Turned out nice again gasman. Over to you now.Pmpl [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

That’s the way to do it, two games into CL and unbeaten.
City should be taking notes [emoji12]

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Seriously though, Ferguson knew his shit and he saw Pogba sold, so there was always that doubt, my opinion, he’s an absolutely astonishing talent but a self centred gobshite. Mourinho is probably more of the same so they just can’t work together. Who do the hard core United fans prefer? Well I’m a match goer and I’ll tell you now, it’s not Paul Pogba. No player is ever bigger than the manager in our club and that will never change as far as the fans go.
Let’s see what our clown of a vice chairman thinks of it all as the season wears on.

Im sure I replied to this, but I’ll do it again. I’m pretty sure that pogba left UTD on a free for juve and Ferguson did everything to get him to stay as they saw him as a massive talent.

Paul Pogba completes move from Man Utd to Juventus

As a thought, he wasn’t sold he left on a free as he wouldn’t sign a new contract.

You sure you’re a fan @gasman because I’m not and I knew that information 😂

Instead of slinging mud at city

Last edited:
Seriously though, Ferguson knew his shit and he saw Pogba sold, so there was always that doubt, my opinion, he’s an absolutely astonishing talent but a self centred gobshite. Mourinho is probably more of the same so they just can’t work together. Who do the hard core United fans prefer? Well I’m a match goer and I’ll tell you now, it’s not Paul Pogba. No player is ever bigger than the manager in our club and that will never change as far as the fans go.
Let’s see what our clown of a vice chairman thinks of it all as the season wears on.

Im sure I replied to this, but I’ll do it again. I’m pretty sure that pogba left UTD on a free for juve and Ferguson did everything to get him to stay as they saw him as a massive talent.

Paul Pogba completes move from Man Utd to Juventus

As a thought, he wasn’t sold he left on a free as he wouldn’t sign a new contract.

You sure you’re a fan @gasman because I’m not and I knew that information [emoji23]

Instead of slinging mud at city

He left because Ferguson selected Fabio and Phil Jones ahead of him in midfield. Neither of whom where actual midfielders.
We literally had no midfield, yet Ferguson didn’t trust the Frenchman enough to play him.
Those are the facts, straight from the mouth of Paul Scholes, who was on the youth team coaching staff with Warren Joyce at the time.

He left because Ferguson selected Fabio and Phil Jones ahead of him in midfield. Neither of whom where actual midfielders.
We literally had no midfield, yet Ferguson didn’t trust the Frenchman enough to play him.
Those are the facts, straight from the mouth of Paul Scholes, who was on the youth team coaching staff with Warren Joyce at the time.
You could have finished what Scholes actually said...........

"They had no central midfield players, really. They ended up playing Phil Jones and Fabio against Blackburn at Old Trafford and really struggled. ‘That was the end of Pogba, I think. He thought he should have been playing that night instead of those two. ‘But he was playing in the reserve team and wasn’t doing very well, so he didn’t really warrant that."

Source

You could have finished what Scholes actually said...........

"They had no central midfield players, really. They ended up playing Phil Jones and Fabio against Blackburn at Old Trafford and really struggled. ‘That was the end of Pogba, I think. He thought he should have been playing that night instead of those two. ‘But he was playing in the reserve team and wasn’t doing very well, so he didn’t really warrant that."

Source

Doesn’t change anything I said, merely backs it up.
Pogba or should really be said, Raiola decided that Pogba should leave.
Ferguson wasn’t playing him because he wasn’t up to it. Pogba left and his attitude and temperament challenged by Ferguson. There was open hostility between Pogbas agent and Ferguson and still is to be quite honest, Fergie can’t stand him and did offer his own doubts on bringing him back. Doubts over his temperament and attitude have proven to be absolutely spot on.

I was pointing out you said he was sold, which he wasnt. He left on a free. You then paid 90M or so to get him back. Raiola and Juve were laughing all the way to the bank. And lets be honest he's by far the best midfielder you've now got, but Mourinho is a defensive coach who would have 4 Matic's in midfield if he could clone them.

France weren't the best team at the World Cup, but they still won it, and Pogba was outstanding for them, he carried them in a few games, your team is not setup for him or his style. Change they style, and i'd imagine he'd flourish, and likely so would you.

I was pointing out you said he was sold, which he wasnt. He left on a free. You then paid 90M or so to get him back. Raiola and Juve were laughing all the way to the bank. And lets be honest he's by far the best midfielder you've now got, but Mourinho is a defensive coach who would have 4 Matic's in midfield if he could clone them.

France weren't the best team at the World Cup, but they still won it, and Pogba was outstanding for them, he carried them in a few games, your team is not setup for him or his style. Change they style, and i'd imagine he'd flourish, and likely so would you.

Sold/Free the price or lack of it has nothing to do with the point. Point is he left and that is all that matters, left when he could have stayed and fought for his place and for the shirt.
His character was questioned then, was questioned when he brought back, and its extremely questionable now.
The system (in case you haven’t noticed) has been adapted to suit him, I’ve even pointed it out in this very thread. Last year he was playing next to Matic in a more defensive role, this year we are playing with just one holding and Pogba forward of that next to whoever. The trouble is that Pogba has been sulking and putting in some absolutely miserable performances (he’s even made Graeme Souness look like a sane man who knows what he’s talking about). Pogbas ability is enough to flourish in any system, it’s his character that lets him down.
He’s easily the most gifted midfielder in the league and he should be proving that to his fans and manager. Instead he’s in and out of games because he isn’t focused. We can point the finger at Mourinho of course (same thing happened at Chelsea etc etc) but if players are trying to undermine the manager then these rifts will occur regardless of the manager. Ferguson’s attitude was to show the door to anyone who challenged his authority. I’m not sure Mourinho has that power with Ed Woodward seemingly playing manager himself. Pogba would have relegated to the reserves and then sold, or let go (if were going to be fickle) under Ferguson, and that’s a fact.
Mourinho should have backed or just sacked in the Summer. He should be backed now because the board decided he was good enough to continue. The players who are adding to or causing the disharmony should be reprimanded and punished.

We’re in a situation where Mourinho is backed into a corner of picking players he trusts to have his back. Clowns like Fellaini, ancient has been fullbacks and a great lump that can just stand still up front on his own and still get picked every week because he’s not sniping behind the bosses back.
Every single player, member of management and board is culpable for Uniteds current state. Sacking Mourinho and building a team around sulky bollox might give a short term boost but what happens once sulky bollox decides he’s not happy with the next guy? He wants sticking back in line once and for all.

Sold/Free the price or lack of it has nothing to do with the point. Point is he left and that is all that matters, left when he could have stayed and fought for his place and for the shirt.

That your way of admitting you were wrong? As it seems like you're trying to backtrack somewhat, and move the goalposts. For the record im not a manc of either side, nor am I red scouser. I dont even care about this thread tbh, im just pointing out the inaccuracies you made in your statements about pogba being sold.

That your way of admitting you were wrong? As it seems like you're trying to backtrack somewhat, and move the goalposts. For the record im not a manc of either side, nor am I red scouser. I dont even care about this thread tbh, im just pointing out the inaccuracies you made in your statements about pogba being sold.

Wrong in the wording of how Pogba left the club? It’s fickle, but yes lol.
Wrong in my opinion of him being a spoilt disruptive mard? Naw, the evidence is too strong.
He wants bringing back into line and stop acting like a petulant child before any consideration of building a team round him. On that point I would suggest you’re wrong.

Manager over player for me in this instance, any instance actually. Even in the Moyesasaurus era.

Ps, his performances at the World Cup were largely overstated, Cante next to him doing the work for both men is what allowed him to lazily work his magic.

...er, this ain't good.

It's not over yet, but we shall await the finish, and see how gasman feels after that...

@gasman wrong in the wording? You clearly stated he was sold because fergie had had enough. When he went on a free. That's not wrong wording, that's just wrong, dress it up however you want.

Fickle? No, Pedantic Yes :)

...er, this ain't good.

It's not over yet, but we shall await the finish, and see how gasman feels after that...

@gasman wrong in the wording? You clearly stated he was sold because fergie had had enough. When he went on a free. That's not wrong wording, that's just wrong, dress it up however you want.

Fickle? No, Pedantic Yes :)

Feel sound pal [emoji51]
6 points off the top of the table [emoji23][emoji23]

My exact words were “Ferguson saw Pogba sold” nothing about him having had enough. You’ve just made that bit up [emoji6]

Anyway turned out nice 🤫

Last edited:
Back