Manchester United thread

Your dominance is over, has been for a few years now, and it'll likely take some years to get back to the heady heights that you once enjoyed.

He’s in that river that runs through northeastern Africa🙄🤫

I see there is a board meeting going on as we speak young gasman. It looks legit to me.🤔
FB_IMG_1538994692942.jpg

TBH, i've not taken anytime at all. I read a lot, and stuff sticks in my head. It's called an eidetic memory, so I don't need to research anything. Mourinho didn't inherit a bad squad either, and it's been built over a much longer period. Again you refer to City, we know they've spent a considerable amount of money, but that has brought considerable results and revenue as well.

I don't support Reading or Watford either. Instead of guessing, why don't you ask :)

Again i'm not saying Pep or Klopp haven't made mistakes, but again you're comparing your team/money spent to their team/money spent. Let's concentrate on the points at hand, which is how poor Man Utd are at present, and if that's down to the manager/squad or lack of funds as you feel.

You're now saying that the signings have won silverware elsewhere, so that makes them good? I'd be interested in knowing who you think is pure shite, as it was still mourinho's choice to buy him. And winning silverware elsewhere doesn't mean you'll adapt to the premiership, which is a very different league to Spain/France/Italy, as many great players have found out to their detriment . E.G;

Veron - Brilliant in Italy, Average in the Premiership
Morata - Brilliant in Italy, Average in the Premiership

The list could go on, but just two examples.

You beat newcastle, let that sink in. They haven't won a game so far this season, and everything is rosey again? The last bit of what you wrote, is probably the most sensible thing I think you've written in this whole thread. I'd agree there are few managers that could come in and change things around quickly, but you have to realise that it's a rebuilding operation, and over night success isn't going to happen. Your dominance is over, has been for a few years now, and it'll likely take some years to get back to the heady heights that you once enjoyed. Unfortunately, it seems that you all think you can get that back quickly, which isn't going to happen without a long term plan, money being spent on great players, mourinho isn't someone who brings the youth through, he's someone who buys a ready made player to slot into the team. He's always been the same at all his clubs bar porto. But lets be honest, I think anyone on DW could put a team together to win the Portuguese league.

Im not winding you up either, or not intentionally. Im just enjoying the discussion, you seem to think im out to get you, or to show you up. Again, im just chewing the fat. I'd do it with a liverpool fan or a city fan, or any fan for that matter, the problem with being a fan is, that you struggle to see outside the bubble you live in, you have little to no objectivity. Im neither a WUM or ABU, but if that's how you feel then cool, you've assumed that, and to assume makes an ass out of you and me.

Eidetic memory [emoji23] more like idiotic memory. You’re flip flopping all over the place man.

Five minutes ago you told us we need to sack Mourinho as it’s not working.
Now it’s a rebuilding process that takes time and won’t deliver instant success. You can’t have this both ways I’m afraid.

My feelings are to stick with the current manager, it’s only his 3rd year and I’m prepared to be patient. Yes it looks rotten at the moment but if this situation brings about the obvious required changes both in playing staff and further up the club then Mourinho’s tenure can be classed as a success.

He’s delivered trophies, hence me saying some of his signings have won silverware. Some have worked out, some may after more time and some haven’t.
Mkhitaryan should have been a good fit, all of his work in Germany pointed towards him being a success, it wasn’t to be and he was moved on in the swap deal for Sanchez. Sanchez has yet to make his mark but you don’t just become a bad player overnight, there’s still time for him.
Lindelof is absolute garbage, Mou made a mistake signing this lumox, he’s not even Phil Jones standard.
Most of his other signings have a chance.
Dalot was a breath of fresh air at fb, Fred also looks like he can make it, Matic is a regular as is Lukaku and Pogba is the best midfielder in the league (on his day). I’ve already said that I reckon Bailly can make it next to a solid leader.
All in all we have one of the best squads in the league and Mourinho has helped to build it. This is backed up by it finishing in second place last year with a bloody good haul of points, 81 would be title challenging in many other premier league years but City just marauded it.
So which is it?
Is it “a rebuilding operation, and over night success isn't going to happen.” As you said!
Or do we sack another manager with less than 3 years on the clock?

Hey, we beat Newcastle 3-2, no big deal that is it, but who doesn’t love a 3-2 comeback from 2-0 down eh, you would have to be made of wood to not enjoy it.
The difference with that particular result is that even from 1-0 not one man or woman in the ground thought we would get back into the game, from 2-0 (as you posted) fans were absolutely bewildered. Didn’t see any leave mind you.
What happened in the last 20 minutes of that game pretty much stunned anyone that was watching, and it wiped the smile off a few smug faces along the way.
So yea, it was only Newcastle with the wonder manager and chief in charge of facts at the helm. Should have stuck to waiting on eh Rafa [emoji23]

Eidetic memory [emoji23] more like idiotic memory. You’re flip flopping all over the place man.

Five minutes ago you told us we need to sack Mourinho as it’s not working.
Now it’s a rebuilding process that takes time and won’t deliver instant success. You can’t have this both ways I’m afraid.

Where have I said he should be sacked? I don't think it's me that's flip flopping.

Where have I said he should be sacked? I don't think it's me that's flip flopping.
TBH, its going to be Mourinho or Pogba
@gasman you'd better hope it's Mourinho

You've then spent the rest of your time in the thread discrediting his signings or talking down what is a very creditable win percentage or taking grievance with his managerial style. There's an absolutely undeniable agenda. But then Mourinho creates this vitriol/jealousy/hatred/contempt in order to for his character to create the winning mentality that has won him so many titles.
Wonder how many guys off DW could take a team from Portugal and win the Champions League?

I know you keep telling me I'm comparing United to City and Liverpool but as far as our little chats have gone, I was responding to this post.

TBH, its going to be Mourinho or Pogba, and either way you lose badly. I think it's time that Man Utd realised their dominance is over, and will be for sometime, happened to Liverpool after theirs, and now it's Man Utd. Seems most supporters feel that it's the manager's fault, or the players fault, or even the owners fault. TBH, i'd say it's a mixture of them all. Only one who tried to change things was Moyes, and he was sacked for it. Yet he had a better record than Van Gaal, time to sit back, rebuild and accept that it's an uphill road.

City are streets ahead, Chelsea are looking pretty decent under Sarri, but he's new so will unlikely last once his playing style is found out, and of course Liverpool, who so far look worlds away from their team over the last few years. Klopp seems to be building something here, and he had a brilliant record for Dortmund, although I dont think he won the league.

@gasman you'd better hope it's Mourinho, because Pogba will slot into any attacking team and dominate, his performances at the world cup were immense, and tbh France weren't even that good, although they won it. If I were pogba, i'd go to Barcelona/Real and show what I can really do, and stick 2 fingers up. You should be building a team around him. Mourinho would quite happily have 4 Matic's across the midfield, ffs, how many holding midfielders does the guy need.

So who started it hey? ;)

You've then spent the rest of your time in the thread discrediting his signings or talking down what is a very creditable win percentage or taking grievance with his managerial style. There's an absolutely undeniable agenda. But then Mourinho creates this vitriol/jealousy/hatred/contempt in order to for his character to create the winning mentality that has won him so many titles.
Wonder how many guys off DW could take a team from Portugal and win the Champions League?

I know you keep telling me I'm comparing United to City and Liverpool but as far as our little chats have gone, I was responding to this post.

No where there does it say "we need to sack Mourinho as it’s not working", i've said that either Mourinho or Pogba will go, and you'd better hope it was mourinho. I've not said you should sack him. You may have perceived that, but that's to strengthen your own agenda. So again, you've not proven anything. You've read something that clearly isn't there :)

At no point have I said it wasn't a rebuilding job, however I have said that the team should be built around Pogba, and I don't think Mourinho wants to do that, so the board has to make a decision to either let Mourinho go, or let Pogba go. Does that say you should sack Mourinho? No it doesn't.

Just lol at your comparisons. Would you prefer I just spouted stuff, somewhat like you're doing without offering evidence? Seems you think it's ok, so perhaps I should as well?

If that's the case, then the world is flat, aliens live next door to me, and gasman is a girl. How's that work out for you?

You can put all the ;) faces you want. Your points are not valid, you're trying to fit stuff around what you're saying, however failing badly. However I will address your points for you.

1. There is no agenda, undeniable or not. I dont think you can say either way, but please prove me wrong.
2. Discrediting his signings - They're his signings now? Im sure you were the one discrediting them, I was merely answering your points, if that makes me discrediting them, then guilty as charged.
3. Very creditable win % - You're comparing his with SAF, who's was over 22 years! Mourinho's is over 3. It's like comparing apples and planes. I totally agree he's got a good win %, but are you, and any of the Man Utd fans happy with the win %, over lacklustre football?
4. Porto winning the CL - Totally amazing achievement by him as a manager, and by far his best accomplishment. I cannot argue with that, however I didn't say win the CL, I said win the Portugese league. Big difference.
5. Taking grievance with his management style - Again, I couldn't care less about his style, i've merely pointed out that he's a defensive coach, and would have 4 Matic's across midfield if he could. Is that a grievance? No, because I dont support them, so I dont care. It's an observation, not a grievance, one which majority of people would agree with.

You've resorted to name calling throughout your replies, avoided answering multiple posed questions, and when someone challenges your opinion you try and say they're being negative towards Man Utd or the manager. You might want to take your ball home now, as you clearly don't want to play anymore. I've just offered objective views on the matter, much like the pundits that speak on TV. Even Gary Neville, your own player said this isn't the Man Utd way. Does he know nothing now as well?

When you're ready to have a decent discussion, then i'll be happy to continue, but as stated earlier, it's hard for you, and any fan to have one about their own club because of the passion and pride you hold for said club.

Again, i'll state it;

I have no agenda, I am not a ABU or WUM, I don't support Liverpool or City, or Reading or Watford. I actually like Mourinho a lot, however I feel he's losing the plot a little, he's not the manager he once was, his press conferences now are no fun. He's not the "Special one" he once was. I cannot take his outstanding record away from him, he's won several trophies at lots of clubs, and his record will go down in history, and rightfully so.

The above is my own personal opinion, we will see what happens in Jan or at the end of the season, and see if you're still crowing about him, or if like normal fans your tune has changed.

One final question though, IF, he was to be sacked tomorrow, and Zidane took over, would you really miss him and his style? Or is it all about the win % and trophies? Style over substance?

No where there does it say "we need to sack Mourinho as it’s not working", i've said that either Mourinho or Pogba will go, and you'd better hope it was mourinho. I've not said you should sack him. You may have perceived that, but that's to strengthen your own agenda. So again, you've not proven anything. You've read something that clearly isn't there :)

At no point have I said it wasn't a rebuilding job, however I have said that the team should be built around Pogba, and I don't think Mourinho wants to do that, so the board has to make a decision to either let Mourinho go, or let Pogba go. Does that say you should sack Mourinho? No it doesn't.

Just lol at your comparisons. Would you prefer I just spouted stuff, somewhat like you're doing without offering evidence? Seems you think it's ok, so perhaps I should as well?

If that's the case, then the world is flat, aliens live next door to me, and gasman is a girl. How's that work out for you?

You can put all the ;) faces you want. Your points are not valid, you're trying to fit stuff around what you're saying, however failing badly. However I will address your points for you.

1. There is no agenda, undeniable or not. I dont think you can say either way, but please prove me wrong.
2. Discrediting his signings - They're his signings now? Im sure you were the one discrediting them, I was merely answering your points, if that makes me discrediting them, then guilty as charged.
3. Very creditable win % - You're comparing his with SAF, who's was over 22 years! Mourinho's is over 3. It's like comparing apples and planes. I totally agree he's got a good win %, but are you, and any of the Man Utd fans happy with the win %, over lacklustre football?
4. Porto winning the CL - Totally amazing achievement by him as a manager, and by far his best accomplishment. I cannot argue with that, however I didn't say win the CL, I said win the Portugese league. Big difference.
5. Taking grievance with his management style - Again, I couldn't care less about his style, i've merely pointed out that he's a defensive coach, and would have 4 Matic's across midfield if he could. Is that a grievance? No, because I dont support them, so I dont care. It's an observation, not a grievance, one which majority of people would agree with.

You've resorted to name calling throughout your replies, avoided answering multiple posed questions, and when someone challenges your opinion you try and say they're being negative towards Man Utd or the manager. You might want to take your ball home now, as you clearly don't want to play anymore. I've just offered objective views on the matter, much like the pundits that speak on TV. Even Gary Neville, your own player said this isn't the Man Utd way. Does he know nothing now as well?

When you're ready to have a decent discussion, then i'll be happy to continue, but as stated earlier, it's hard for you, and any fan to have one about their own club because of the passion and pride you hold for said club.

Again, i'll state it;

I have no agenda, I am not a ABU or WUM, I don't support Liverpool or City, or Reading or Watford. I actually like Mourinho a lot, however I feel he's losing the plot a little, he's not the manager he once was, his press conferences now are no fun. He's not the "Special one" he once was. I cannot take his outstanding record away from him, he's won several trophies at lots of clubs, and his record will go down in history, and rightfully so.

The above is my own personal opinion, we will see what happens in Jan or at the end of the season, and see if you're still crowing about him, or if like normal fans your tune has changed.

One final question though, IF, he was to be sacked tomorrow, and Zidane took over, would you really miss him and his style? Or is it all about the win % and trophies? Style over substance?

You came into the thread and started wittering on about City and Liverpool, then started complaining about me comparing the clubs, when your points were addressed.
Flip flopping.
You’ve then decided that a single player should be kept ahead of a manger who is attempting to rebuild the club. You’ve chastised me for ignoring points and yet ignored me when I pointed the fact that Mourinho is building the team with a view to accommodating Pogba, he’s changed the teams shape and he’s kept on playing him regardless of the media spin on their relationship. I even pointed out the exact change of shape. His usual style is always a triangle much like all modern teams, he’s gone from point forwards (defensive) to point backwards (offensive).
Wouldn’t mind if any of what your spouting is your own opinion but let’s face it, you’re just pulling it off google or whatever daily websites you frequent.
His pressers have been drab and dreary and reflects the atmosphere at the club but just recently there’s been an upturn. Almost as if he knows he’s got the backing and possibly the full attention of those who can help him finish the job.
Not sure what comparisons you’ve found difficult to comprehend.
The spending power of City maybe? Or perhaps you don’t think financial doping has any effect because Leicester won the league once. Let’s ignore the fact that they immediately reverted to type and sacked the manager after a few months, yea.
Or perhaps the Liverpool comparison, the one where almost 12 months to the day Liverpool had 13 league points and looked absolutely rudderless (remind you of something?) They were starting to think that Klopp was a fake, just as his disastrous end to his Dortmund tenure suggest he is. The difference? Liverpool aren’t United and their comparable start last season to ours this season, is just what we expect.

Zidane would be a total disaster imo, football management is easy when you’ve got Ronaldo, Modrich, Bale and anyone else you desire but there’s another reality to it, which is why his agent had already quashed the rumours. He will be better suited to City when Pep gets bored.

Your 5 points above

1. The proof of the agenda is in this very thread, only now have you flipped and state you like Mourinho (just not his football). Even with that it’s still unclear what point you’re making. I like that football man but I don’t like that mans football. Flippety flop.

2. I’ve not discredited his signings I’ve literally (on the post you’ve quoted) just backed most of them up, barring one, but I’m not just going to pretend he’s a top CB because Mou signed him. Might as well call a spade a spade. Lindelof is dreadful.
If Sanchez comes good then the Micky Ryan deal can also be called a success.
On this I was answering your views on his signings. So yea guilty as charged.

3. It’s a percentage over 3 years not five minutes. Do your homework and compare it.
Better than Poch, Klopp, Conte, Wenger. Second only to Guardiola. Most managers above have been at the clubs a similar length of time and he eclipses them all. It’s a nice stat and yes you take that over losing nicely (see Arsenal thread over the last 5 years lol). This one backs up agenda point 1.

4. Yes amazing achievement (although a bit bloody annoying at the time lol). Again attempting to discredit Mourinho by claiming his time at Porto was a doddle in a crap league that any of us could win. Not sure I’d trust even the tactical genius of miggy to win the champions league with Porto though. Not when they’ve been up against such poor opposition all year. Another one to back up agenda point 1.

5. See point 3
Also see his time at Madrid where his side (as I remember) broke the record for goals scored in a season. See his Chelsea side that until last year held the PL record for a points haul in one season. This time last year when United were sticking 4 on teams with great regularity. Mourinhos style is pragmatism in tight/big games and steam roll the rest. You find most managers do this, see that shit show from City and the scouses yesterday for proof. We’ve been stuttering and making every game bigger than it should be so he’s back to the wall pragmatist.

You came into the thread and started wittering on about City and Liverpool, then started complaining about me comparing the clubs, when your points were addressed.
Flip flopping.
You’ve then decided that a single player should be kept ahead of a manger who is attempting to rebuild the club. You’ve chastised me for ignoring points and yet ignored me when I pointed the fact that Mourinho is building the team with a view to accommodating Pogba, he’s changed the teams shape and he’s kept on playing him regardless of the media spin on their relationship. I even pointed out the exact change of shape. His usual style is always a triangle much like all modern teams, he’s gone from point forwards (defensive) to point backwards (offensive).
Wouldn’t mind if any of what your spouting is your own opinion but let’s face it, you’re just pulling it off google or whatever daily websites you frequent.
His pressers have been drab and dreary and reflects the atmosphere at the club but just recently there’s been an upturn. Almost as if he knows he’s got the backing and possibly the full attention of those who can help him finish the job.
Not sure what comparisons you’ve found difficult to comprehend.
The spending power of City maybe? Or perhaps you don’t think financial doping has any effect because Leicester won the league once. Let’s ignore the fact that they immediately reverted to type and sacked the manager after a few months, yea.
Or perhaps the Liverpool comparison, the one where almost 12 months to the day Liverpool had 13 league points and looked absolutely rudderless (remind you of something?) They were starting to think that Klopp was a fake, just as his disastrous end to his Dortmund tenure suggest he is. The difference? Liverpool aren’t United and their comparable start last season to ours this season, is just what we expect.

Zidane would be a total disaster imo, football management is easy when you’ve got Ronaldo, Modrich, Bale and anyone else you desire but there’s another reality to it, which is why his agent had already quashed the rumours. He will be better suited to City when Pep gets bored.

Your 5 points above

1. The proof of the agenda is in this very thread, only now have you flipped and state you like Mourinho (just not his football). Even with that it’s still unclear what point you’re making. I like that football man but I don’t like that mans football. Flippety flop.

2. I’ve not discredited his signings I’ve literally (on the post you’ve quoted) just backed most of them up, barring one, but I’m not just going to pretend he’s a top CB because Mou signed him. Might as well call a spade a spade. Lindelof is dreadful.
If Sanchez comes good then the Micky Ryan deal can also be called a success.
On this I was answering your views on his signings. So yea guilty as charged.

3. It’s a percentage over 3 years not five minutes. Do your homework and compare it.
Better than Poch, Klopp, Conte, Wenger. Second only to Guardiola. Most managers above have been at the clubs a similar length of time and he eclipses them all. It’s a nice stat and yes you take that over losing nicely (see Arsenal thread over the last 5 years lol). This one backs up agenda point 1.

4. Yes amazing achievement (although a bit bloody annoying at the time lol). Again attempting to discredit Mourinho by claiming his time at Porto was a doddle in a crap league that any of us could win. Not sure I’d trust even the tactical genius of miggy to win the champions league with Porto though. Not when they’ve been up against such poor opposition all year. Another one to back up agenda point 1.

5. See point 3
Also see his time at Madrid where his side (as I remember) broke the record for goals scored in a season. See his Chelsea side that until last year held the PL record for a points haul in one season. This time last year when United were sticking 4 on teams with great regularity. Mourinhos style is pragmatism in tight/big games and steam roll the rest. You find most managers do this, see that shit show from City and the scouses yesterday for proof. We’ve been stuttering and making every game bigger than it should be so he’s back to the wall pragmatist.
Aww shucks we luv ya too gasman.Thanks.🤔🤣😘

football management is easy when you’ve got Ronaldo, Modrich, Bale

And there we have it folks! The world according to @gasman

Im sure all the other managers prior to Zidane would agree. When are you taking over at RM to make this management easy. No point in even posting anymore. As Einstein said, "The definition of stupidity, is doing the same thing over and over again, and expecting a different result".

And there we have it folks! The world according to @gasman

Im sure all the other managers prior to Zidane would agree. When are you taking over at RM to make this management easy. No point in even posting anymore. As Einstein said, "The definition of stupidity, is doing the same thing over and over again, and expecting a different result".
You are considering not posting anymore because you're making "yourself" look silly.
The above after posting this yourself?
But lets be honest, I think anyone on DW could put a team together to win the Portuguese league.
This management lark is a doddle isn't it ;)
Perhaps read your own stuff back, it seems it's pointless having an eidetic memory if you can't remember what you yourself have written.

He's spent nearly 500m on players

You youself then post a list of players valued at 388.7m euros which is what? £350 million pounds or so.

Classic flip flopping from you.

He's tried to sign more than 2, Lindlelof he paid how much for? You have to admit he's made mistakes in the players he has signed

You don't even need me to type really.

You are considering not posting anymore because you're making "yourself" look silly.
The above after posting this yourself?

This management lark is a doddle isn't it ;)
Perhaps read your own stuff back, it seems it's pointless having an eidetic memory if you can't remember what you yourself have written.

You youself then post a list of players valued at 388.7m euros which is what? £350 million pounds or so.

Classic flip flopping from you.

You don't even need me to type really.
Come on gasman spit it out man, you are a Man City fan really aren't you?. You are obviously clueless about Man United. 🤔😉😂😂

I said Portuguese league, you said CL.

The lindelof was a question to you, not a statement from me.

You've stated yourself that it's easy to win in La Liga with that team. Zidane won 3 CLs in a row! Mourinho didn't make it past the Semi's.

So getting a figure wrong is flip flopping? Jees man, you've flip flopped more than Ghandi in this thread.

You can take little snippets of things ive posted, and quote them to make it look like you're proving points, but you're in a north african river as Avid said.

I've got friends who are Manc's who agree with what i've written and said, as do the football presenters. As for not typing, i think you're drunk typing, step away from the keyboard, go chill out, get outside, see some things, and stop responding. I clearly dont know as much as you about anything, so I bequeath the throne of knowledge to you. Gasman, lord and master of all things Man Utd.

[emoji106][emoji106][emoji106]About bloody time 🤫[emoji23][emoji23]

You can take little snippets of things ive posted, and quote them to make it look like you're proving points, but you're in a north african river as Avid said.

I don’t think he’s ever going to get out 🤔

Back