Manchester United thread

There's only Falcao that was a complete waste. Di Maria should have been a great signing but couldn't settle and his performances for PSG have looked more like the player we bought.
The system and its complete lack of any kind of risk is not helping any of the other signings.
Depay looks good potential, Blind a good utility (not the start every match player we have currently mind you). Schneiderlin is a good signing, as is Herrera, Shaw,Darmian. Martial looks the best of the lot but not one of those players is being used correctly just now. The only one who still got a question mark over is Schweinsteiger really.
Few tweaks and play the players to their own strengths and the squad is fine.
Few good youngsters too Lingaard and the young right back that looks like a giraffe, McNair can do a job and Perreria, Januzaj are two of the players I feel should be nurtured as much as possible.

Van Gaal has proven to be corrosive though, mistake and your out and benched for weeks ! Unless of course you have a free pass by being named captain etc etc.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah I know what you mean but it's like the old saying horses for courses,i agree with you that some are decent, but I think a lot are not suitable for the EPL but would do better in a less demanding league , falco,diMaria ,Depay,Herrera,schwein,blind, Arsenal have had similar problems were players are just not physically strong enough , Martial looks a class act I really thought lvg was mad when he paid that fee but he looks the buisness,Shaw rojo,schneider,darmian all are decent.

Sent from my HTCONE using Tapatalk

Think Blind, Depay and Herrera could flourish under Mourinho.
Mata will be out as will Schweinsteiger but I think the rest will stay.
Rooney could prove a conundrum as he's not a striker and he's not a midfielder either.
Of course the squad wants tweaking here and there but a good bit of the money has been spent well enough.

I honestly can't understand how the manager is still in a job though !

Congratulations Gentlemen you beat the Midgets ;) now you have to play the good teams. :)

Is there a future for Rooney now Gentlemen?. Get that testimonial up and running guys and I will notify Mr Lampard and Gerrard and Co to get that retirement home for ex footballers ready. ;)

8059952ff009887240cf6a733b934e3e.jpg

fc550e165d051ce08acef7bb35494a30.jpg

eb6b985c5a2aeb22cab748df6e048006.jpg

2e25e4d6550b9625cd75e92f547c8983.jpg

And the best one
afed82d6851399d257d4af98b91c41a8.jpg

lol

I'll not lie, that was a very good performance, no choice but to let the players go out and play, each time we got 2 goals clear we should have reverted to sideways shit mode but instead went into all out attack ! We are a very bizzare outfit at times.

2 goals clear = all out attck and the hell with keeping shape.

0-0 = keep shape, no risks, sideways shit and faff about.

I'll not lie, that was a very good performance, no choice but to let the players go out and play, each time we got 2 goals clear we should have reverted to sideways shit mode but instead went into all out attack ! We are a very bizzare outfit at times.

2 goals clear = all out attck and the hell with keeping shape.

0-0 = keep shape, no risks, sideways shit and faff about.

If its not broke gasman don't fix it. Carry on with that team and those tactics. I cannot see Rooney getting back in this squad while that young rookie is on the scene. ;)

If its not broke gasman don't fix it. Carry on with that team and those tactics. I cannot see Rooney getting back in this squad while that young rookie is on the scene. ;)

That probably wasn't the planned tactics mate.
No sign of Van Gaals philosophy yesterday, high tempo,aggressive, direct, the enthusiasm of youth. Adrenalin fueled young players to much in the moment to think of backwards and sideways passing.
Should all revert back to what we've seen season long once Schweinsteiger,Rooney and co are re-instated in the team.

That probably wasn't the planned tactics mate.
No sign of Van Gaals philosophy yesterday, high tempo,aggressive, direct, the enthusiasm of youth. Adrenalin fueled young players to much in the moment to think of backwards and sideways passing.
Should all revert back to what we've seen season long once Schweinsteiger,Rooney and co are re-instated in the team.

All that you mentioned sounds like the making of a good team @gasman the Man United of old. Sod the philosophy it doesn't work and it has been proven time and time again. Let them play there own way it was working for them and looked very impressive too. Take note of that one LVG.

Last edited by a moderator:
Not taking anything away from utd but we were rubbish and played without any fight or tempo which made that utd team look better than they are, will not be one bit surprised if Watford get a result again utd next game.

All that you mentioned sounds like the making of a good team @gasman the Man United of old. Sod the philosophy it doesn't work and it has been proven time and time again. Let them play there own way it was working for them and looked very impressive too. Take note of that one LVG.

Him coming out of his seat was received like a goal. It was brilliant and exactly what we expected when we signed the mad bastard !
Hopefully he's taken note, all that's gone by with his shit football and rigid tactics, I would still love this guy to succeed and now he's seen first hand just what the leagues about he can turn this around.
If he can then your fourth spot might be right in the shit mr miggs :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Not taking anything away from utd but we were rubbish and played without any fight or tempo which made that utd team look better than they are, will not be one bit surprised if Watford get a result again utd next game.

Your dead right, not expecting anything from the Watford game.

Think you turned up expecting the stagnated United that's turned up all season and set up to contain it.

What happened was a United side bombing forward from all angles and Arsenal weren't set up for it. Think we expected it less than you lol.
Herrera thrived in it and was exceptional, Mata had willing runners and found them at will even though he could barely keep up with it all.

There was a blueprint for a successful United side there and it was the same blueprint that has always been there.

Back