Manchester United thread

Another jammy win in Fergie time for Man United by a goal that wasn't even a penalty. When are this team going to get there act together?. Sacking LVG is not the answer it is his puppets that are not playing for him.

Miggy, if you are going to make comments on Man Utd then be honest at least, there is no question it was a penalty, in fact, in my opinion, it should have been a yellow card and possibly red, it was an awful challenge, studs showing on the shin, the player himself knew it was a penalty.

That said, it was another very poor performance from the Red Devils, even at the final whistle there were boos from the crowd, it was hardly celebrated.

- - - Updated - - -

This won't end well for VG unless he pulls his finger out.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I think you meant LVG, because VG stands for Very Good!

Yep I have to say man Utd were lucky..but it was a penalty just!!
Something needs to change at man Utd that's for sure..it was hard to tell which team was from the premiership..mind you the said can be said for all the games on telly today..

Miggy, if you are going to make comments on Man Utd then be honest at least, there is no question it was a penalty, in fact, in my opinion, it should have been a yellow card and possibly red, it was an awful challenge, studs showing on the shin, the player himself knew it was a penalty.

That said, it was another very poor performance from the Red Devils, even at the final whistle there were boos from the crowd, it was hardly celebrated.

- - - Updated - - -

I think you meant LVG, because VG stands for Very Good!

Even the commentators said it was a close call on the penalty. Paul Scholes comment on the match in general was priceless.:Laugh:
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Last edited by a moderator:
Why would the utd board even consider giving him more money to spend, what he has bought so far and paid a small fortune for aren't setting the epl alight , although that prob because of his negative style of play, but the main reason not to give him more money is that he had already said he's will go soon , so why give him millions to spend and then someone else to come in and have to take over his mess, get rid now get a new man in place and back him.

Sent from my HTCONE using Tapatalk

Why would the utd board even consider giving him more money to spend, what he has bought so far and paid a small fortune for aren't setting the epl alight , although that prob because of his negative style of play, but the main reason not to give him more money is that he had already said he's will go soon , so why give him millions to spend and then someone else to come in and have to take over his mess, get rid now get a new man in place and back him.

Sent from my HTCONE using Tapatalk

I can agree with what you are saying in principle, but if a new manager comes in right now they would need time to assess the players there already in the way a new manager wants the team to play. So unless there was one particular player that a manager wanted to base his team around then it would be wasteful buying anyone in the January window.

Van Gaal should have gone already really. United's brand of football is awful and they are barely getting by.

Paul Scholes hit the nail on the head

He's so far spent the money wisely, Di Maria and the Falcao loan the only two real stinkers but given the reputations they came with even that's forgivable.
Just a bloody shame he has no idea how to use the individuals he's bought ! Always wanting that rigid team ethic (which is fine) but it trains the spark and instinct out of players. They're constantly thinking about what they're going to do next and its fairly easy for our opponents to work out.
He should probably stay until a suitable replacement is available and then resign his post.

Absolutely cracking game, shows that we can play a bit when we're given license. More of that mr manager please, it's a bit worrying how we can do it but seemingly choose not to because we conceded in the process. Credit to Newcastle though, they came out and gave it a go and looked very good.
Think he will revert to his safety net for our trip to the hamstringers place on Sunday.

First UTD match I've enjoyed in ages,apart from the final score of course lol

followed by Stoke Arsenal
the quality of the EPL is heading downwards
goalkeepers today were best players says it all really

fergie coaching giggs could be a good fix but think club need to move on from fergie era its in the past

fergie coaching giggs could be a good fix but think club need to move on from fergie era its in the past

But it is a tried and tested formula that definitely worked in United's favor for many years. The question is will these players play the Ferguson way? or like you state is the past best left alone now.

We scored when we actually started to control the game for a brief period but it was awful again, highlighted as a titanic battle between two of the games most historic clubs. Looked more like two mid table sides that couldn't lay a glove on one another.
Did like the pre-match press frenzy over the future of football (Klopp) versus the by-gone era of football (Van Gaal). Using Fellaini as a target man for the route one approach and yet Klopps response to going a goal down was to bring in Benteke (target man) and to chuck Steven fecking Caulker up front ... pmsl.
The future of football.

But it is a tried and tested formula that definitely worked in United's favor for many years. The question is will these players play the Ferguson way? or like you state is the past best left alone now.

We leave it behind, the past can haunt you like it's haunted the scousers.
Would you want to dig up City's past miggy ?

We leave it behind, the past can haunt you like it's haunted the scousers.
Would you want to dig up City's past miggy ?

Not really no, but what is it going to take to get the spark back to Old Trafford?. I personally think Paul Scholes would do a better job than fecking Giggs.

Back