Manchester City Thread

It was a friendly ffs plus the fact you have played two games before us. LMAO.
vic-reeves-handbags-jpg.134940

Good strategic plan by Mane. Just kick the head of Ederson and replace with calamity Bravo. You would have got away with it Mane if it wasn't for those pesky kids.Waist high and above use your head or chest you knob.
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

As it was accidental I don't think Mane should have been sent off, I mean if you break a players leg accidentally you don't get sent off do you?

As it was accidental I don't think Mane should have been sent off, I mean if you break a players leg accidentally you don't get sent off do you?
It is a game of football m8 with a ball not a player's head. His foot should never had been that high up. And I am not just saying it because it's City. The same rules should apply to all teams. Do the crime do the time.

one club man lol new deal being thrashed out unless already signed it

It is a game of football m8 with a ball not a player's head. His foot should never had been that high up. And I am not just saying it because it's City. The same rules should apply to all teams. Do the crime do the time.

If you would like to show me where in the laws of the game it says that you cant raise your foot over your head I will agree with your statement, if not, I will stick to my own opinion

If you would like to show me where in the laws of the game it says that you cant raise your foot over your head I will agree with your statement, if not, I will stick to my own opinion

The simple fact is that if he'd have gone for the ball with his head, and they both clashed, then Sane wouldn't have been sent off.
A clash of heads involves both players being equally close to the ball and each going in with 'as much to lose' as the other. And heads don't have studs. A player going with outstretched leg does so because he's not as close to getting it, and/or he's not able/willing to put his body equally on the line.
A player going for the ball with an outstretched boot versus a player's head is prioritising his attempt for a ball he's not favourite for, over his opponent's safety, while protecting his own a bit. It's pretty much the footballing definition of 'reckless'.

Not here but I keep reading this 'he had his eyes on the ball' argument. It's bulls**t.
Of course he saw the keeper. Is your field of vision a few inches? I hope someone using that argument doesn't drive.

The rule is dangerous play.

Whether he was aiming to hurt the keeper is irrelevant, his foot was high and in a dangerous position (i.e the keepers face).
It was a straight red.
Dangerous play.

Amazing what Photoshop can do these days LOL, look they even put a 'Smilie' behind his ear

The rule is dangerous play.

Whether he was aiming to hurt the keeper is irrelevant, his foot was high and in a dangerous position (i.e the keepers face).
It was a straight red.
Dangerous play.
I would just like to throw this into the argument.
Does the keeper, have some responsibility for his own safety?
He saw the boot coming and chose not to get out of the way?

I would just like to throw this into the argument.
Does the keeper, have some responsibility for his own safety?
He saw the boot coming and chose not to get out of the way?

It's part of the rules of dangerous play that all players have a responsibility for their own safety.
The difficulty is that keeper effectively won the ball with a header. Mane's foot was high and although that itself isn't illegal it does become dangerous when it's making contact (especially with the head).

I've heard very few Liverpool fans disagree with the red card, far fewer than the usual (all) lol. Disagreeing with that one is nigh on impossible. Worthy of a T-shirt with Mane's face on impossible.

What do you think the chances of messi being at Man City next year . The Barca team is breaking up now ran its course surely he must be thinking or trying else where
He would be most welcome if he decides to join us.

Back