Manchester City Thread

I will do -if you don't beat me to it.

If you go to the game, please bring me back a #3, #7 and a #24 with extra soy sauce.

I will try my best for you Basil but there maybe a bit of a wait. Our Arsene is putting his order in first and it could take a while.
arsene-wenger-meme-generator-and-urmmmm-4-4-2-77d780.jpg

I will try my best for you Basil but there maybe a bit of a wait. Our Arsene is putting his order in first and it could take a while.
arsene-wenger-meme-generator-and-urmmmm-4-4-2-77d780.jpg

ROFLMAO It's great news for Arsenal supporters if the board's finally given him that much money to spend!

It seems we might be bidding £10M to get Daniel Sturridge back. I like him, but I'd sooner we had SWP charging at defences again.

Last edited:
Its looking good with the Sturridge deal and 65.000 a week seems a good figure as well. SWP is a great player they should get him back. I believe Steven Ireland is out of contract soon as well but no news on that deal. Agent: Stephen Ireland no longer an option for New York Red Bulls - Goal.com

Glad you share my view of SWP. Most people don't, but I can picture him performing again like Tevez and Silva, terrifying defenders as he runs at them. I'm sentimental... How old's Kinky now. I'd have him back too. Ditto for The Goat.

Great news about Ireland. He ought to be an ROI regular. I was devastated when we gave up both Ireland and Dunne to Villa. They're both real gentlemen too.

I didn't mind losing Shay. He was wasted at City. I never understood why West Ham or Arsenal didn't go for him. Neither had a reliable gk at the time and it certainly cost WHU more than they'd have paid, even if they'd matched City's wages.

I think the only Irishman we've got on our books now is Greg Cunningham. Last I heard, he was on loan at Forest.

Ireland are 1-2 at the mo. Gimme a cat to kick!

Just this once, I want to see Roy Keane with a big grin on his face at the end of this match.

Gotta go... Just bought another feline and need to explain the offside rule to HER. <wg>
Cheers,
Basil, Cat (pictured), cat & Kat

Last edited:
Glad you share my view of SWP. Most people don't, but I can picture him performing again like Tevez and Silva, terrifying defenders as he runs at them. I'm sentimental... How old's Kinky now. I'd have him back too. Ditto for The Goat.

Great news about Ireland. He ought to be an ROI regular. I was devastated when we gave up both Ireland and Dunne to Villa. They're both real gentlemen too.

I didn't mind losing Shay. He was wasted at City. I never understood why West Ham or Arsenal didn't go for him. Neither had a reliable gk at the time and it certainly cost WHU more than they'd have paid, even if they'd matched City's wages.

I think the only Irishman we've got on our books now is Greg Cunningham. Last I heard, he was on loan at Forest.

Ireland are 1-2 at the mo. Gimme a cat to kick!

Just this once, I want to see Roy Keane with a big grin on his face at the end of this match.

Gotta go... Just bought another feline and need to explain the offside rule to HER. <wg>
Cheers,
Basil, Cat (pictured), cat & Kat

SWP never stopped running he is a great player and we could do with him back. Kinky is 38, m8 and he was born on the 6th July 1973. I think City could get rid of Djeko he is probably surplus to requirements now as long as Yaya Toure is fit. I really think that if Mario calms down this season he could become a great player as well.

...although there does seem to be a lot of shy Man City supporters on here at the minute hmm.Time will tell my mate. ;)

You're right Miggy. They're all saving up.
Despite the recession, tattoo parlours upped their prices at the end of the season and now have a long waiting list.

To Change "United" to "City": £50 to £200.
To change the crest as well: £150 to £400.

They call them the "United till I lie" supporters.

Ireland now 1-3.
"Here Kitty-kitty."

SWP never stopped running he is a great player and we could do with him back. Kinky is 38, m8 and he was born on the 6th July 1973. I think City could get rid of Djeko he is probably surplus to requirements now as long as Yaya Toure is fit. I really think that if Mario calms down this season he could become a great player as well.

Crikey! I didn't realise Kinky was that old. Džeko can run hot or cold, but I'm not sure I'd want to lose him. As RM said (in effect), No one can replace Yaya (within the squad). I can't even think of anyone (anywhere) who could. Ditto for His Holiness Vincent Kompany.

Mario's already a great player. I like his eccentricity, but his nutter side needs a lot of taming. City did it really well with Bellamy, fairly well with Barton (compared with before and since), but I'm not at all confident about Mr T.

Ireland just refused a good pen claim: Gimme a ref (to feed to my cats).

You're right Miggy. They're all saving up.
Despite the recession, tattoo parlours upped their prices at the end of the season and now have a long waiting list.

To Change "United" to "City": £50 to £200.
To change the crest as well: £150 to £400.

They call them the "United till I lie" supporters.

Ireland now 1-3.
"Here Kitty-kitty."

Pmsl @Basil you are the man. :roflmao:

Pmsl @Basil you are the man. :roflmao:

Funny you should say that.
Gary Neville said exactly the same thing.
I think Wayne Rooney was trying to agree, but it was hard to tell what he was saying with the baby's dummy in his mouth.

Basil have you read this Mr Joey Barton wants to become a Manager when he hangs his boots up. Pmsl The only thing he will be managing is one of Her Majesties establishments Strangeways kitchen staff perhaps??? He will kick the shite out of anyone who doesn't do as there told. :)

Joey Barton skips coaching lesson to play golf - Football News - Football - Sport - People.co.uk

I hadn't read it, but have now. Dream Team 2 perhaps? lol

He says,

""If Henderson got in, any Englishman not currently in the squad has to feel aggrieved."

I'm an Englishman too and not in the squad either, but I don't give a sh*t that JB was stupid enough to include me in his definition.

As for JB leading, I hope I'm a regular in the pub with a landlord stupid enough to offer him the position of footy team manager.

Don't knock Strangeways too much. It's a good prison. Once outside, the rain stops the dogs getting a scent and Style, then Wilmslow offer decent valuables on the way to Crewe station.

nb. United supporters: Sorry to have confused you; they're enemy towns in a County called Cheshire, South of Manchester.

To get to it. fly West from Singapore. When you get to LHR, just get on the M25 and leave at the London exit. It can take several hours, but you're bound to find a fellow Red when you get off.

Last edited:
Samir Nasri... All is forgiven... With Gerrard unsighting Hart, Nasri did make the most of it and give France an equaliser, but I forgive him because of what he did later. Apparently, he said "Ta Guele" (Shut up) to Gary Neville. I bet he wasn't the first! Nice one Samir!

Last edited:
A response to Gasman's "Song From The Swamp"

Oh... My old man's The Gasman
He wears United's hat
He wears red, stripy trousers
and he lives in a Stretford flat

He looks a proper Nani,
In his great big bovver boots
He's got such a job to keep them on
That he calls 'em "Wayne's hair roots"

Though my old man's The Gasman
He's got an 'eart of gold
He got transferred recently
Though he's eight-six years old

We said, " 'Ere, Hang on Dad
You're getting past your time
He said "Well, when you reach my age
Scoles' looks in his prime!"

Last edited:

He wears United's hat

He looks a proper Nani,

Beat that Gentlemen pmsl good call Basil. ;)

He wears United's hat

He looks a proper Nani,

Well I must say I am surprised at this news but if true then Basil if I am indeed your old man then may I be the first to say welcome to the family :) Now since I do bare form for introducing the female population of Stockport to my very own old man then may I offer a verse or two of my own :)

Oh ...... My old man made Basil
He wears a bowler hat
And when we met his mother we said we fancy that
We didn't wear protection, She said she's on the pill
But since I'm Basil's old man ill include him in the will
There isn't much to offer for sure I am no shiek
But the posters of United are yours Basil to keep.

Oh......My old man made Basil
Who doffs a sky blue cap
I have to give him credit
For years they have been crap
Now they have the billions and a league title at last
Well be back to take it from you though
Just like in the past

Sang to the tune of "my old man's a dustman"

I am certainly no poet pmsl

Gasman

Well I must say I am surprised at this news but if true then Basil if I am indeed your old man then may I be the first to say welcome to the family :) Now since I do bare form for introducing the female population of Stockport to my very own old man then may I offer a verse or two of my own :)

Oh ...... My old man made Basil
He wears a bowler hat
And when we met his mother we said we fancy that
We didn't wear protection, She said she's on the pill
But since I'm Basil's old man ill include him in the will
There isn't much to offer for sure I am no shiek
But the posters of United are yours Basil to keep.

Oh......My old man made Basil
Who doffs a sky blue cap
I have to give him credit
For years they have been crap
Now they have the billions and a league title at last
Well be back to take it from you though
Just like in the past

Sang to the tune of "my old man's a dustman"

I am certainly no poet pmsl

Gasman

Although I was residing in Heaton Moor at the time, my actual birth occurred in Stepping Hill Hospital. So technically I'm that Stockport Blue you Reds keep talking about.

As for the song, I don't know about the bowler hat, but otherwise, I'm well impressed.

Nice one Dad!

Last edited:
Probably the best comeback of the season ;)

Sent from my X10i using Tapatalk 2

Although I was residing in Heaton Moor at the time, my actual birth occurred in Stepping Hill Hospital. So technically I'm that Stockport Blue you Reds keep talking about.

As for the song, I don't know about the bowler hat, but otherwise, I'm well impressed.

Nice one Dad!

Yes the bowler hat was in reference to my old mans head gear, i would have preferred German helmet but it didn't fit poetically :)

A Stockport blue ..! And here's us reds starting to think it was a myth :)

What's this I see, gasman on the Blue side? could it be? hmm. By the way gasman Did you like the Blue Premier league champions shirt that young Basil got you today for being a good Daddy.;)

Back