Manchester City Thread

Haha welcome back Basil2 have you been away m8. :)

Thank you Miggy... Only for a day or two, but I'll soon be away again.

I'm due in hospital on the 27th, but am going to try to get it postponed. They obviously forgot that it's the day of the first Euro 2012 semi-final. I'm due to get hacked into the next day, but that's the second semi-final, so no way -if I can help it.

I thought about telling them that my astrologer says it would be unlucky and I should wait until at least Monday. The trouble with that is that I'm a Libran... and we Librans don't believe in astrology. ;-)

During my absence, someone will be here to look after the place. but my two pets can also be available as backup.
But that shouldn't be necessary, as I've already booked them (Cat and cat) into a vivisection facility for the duration to keep them out of mischief. <wg>

I should be back on the keyboard soon after, but no worries. I'll explain about my leprosy, ingrowing toenail, toxoplasmosis, piles, STD, fingernail replacement and/or whatever else it might be, before I go in.
No big deal, but I need to keep it under wraps from others for the time being.

Gotta go... I think Cat and cat are asking for a nice bath. ...Or was that an ice bath? I'll go for the latter.

Basil aka Magnagatto (Italian for pussy-eater -or something like that)

Thank you Miggy... Only for a day or two, but I'll soon be away again.

I'm due in hospital on the 27th, but am going to try to get it postponed. They obviously forgot that it's the day of the first Euro 2012 semi-final. I'm due to get hacked into the next day, but that's the second semi-final, so no way -if I can help it.

I thought about telling them that my astrologer says it would be unlucky and I should wait until at least Monday. The trouble with that is that I'm a Libran... and we Librans don't believe in astrology. ;-)

During my absence, someone will be here to look after the place. but my two pets can also be available as backup.
But that shouldn't be necessary, as I've already booked them (Cat and cat) into a vivisection facility for the duration to keep them out of mischief. <wg>

I should be back on the keyboard soon after, but no worries. I'll explain about my leprosy, ingrowing toenail, toxoplasmosis, piles, STD, fingernail replacement and/or whatever else it might be, before I go in.
No big deal, but I need to keep it under wraps from others for the time being.

Gotta go... I think Cat and cat are asking for a nice bath. ...Or was that an ice bath? I'll go for the latter.

Basil aka Magnagatto (Italian for pussy-eater -or something like that)

Pmpl @Basil I fully understand mate your companions and I will hold the fort for you while you are absent. Good luck with the op. :)

Manchester City won’t move for a striker until after the Euros its looking good at Man City at the moment. Lets just hope we can bag Van Persie after the Euro matches.

Read more at: Manchester City won

Tevez and Adebayor could face Man City axe as Blues look to reduce wage bill

Read more: Carlos Tevez and Emmanuel Adebayor could face Manchester City axe | Mail Online

Just goes to prove even if you do have the funds we all need to count the pennies.

Personally, I'd be happy to see the last of Adebayor and Balotelli.

Contrary to what the media says about all Blues hating Carlos Tevez, I think he was mistreated and mismanaged.

With his work-ethic, I'm certain that he wouldn't have refused to join the match, but as he said, had warmed up enough already and just wanted to get straight onto the field.

Without him, next season's City programmes would be proudly announcing, "2012: Premiership runners-up".

Perhaps I'm the exception. They do exist. My best friend was born and brought up in Manchester, yet she was totally Red until she met me. But she was quite happy for my sake that City pipped United at the post ...or maybe she simply didn't want me kicking the cat. ;-)

VICIOUS CITY AND UNITED TEAMS

Back in the 60s and 70s when the magic sponge would cure a broken leg, it was a different game.

United had more than their fair share, but we had a few Vinnie Jones types too.

Who would you pick for a City team, on the basis that if we had 3 walking wounded at 90 minuites and United had two, we'd probably win? nb. George Best eventually got booked for nearly getting Glyn Pardoe's leg amputated!

I'm sticking to the first half of the alphabet (in order), but anyone's welcome if they've played for City.

Mario Balotelli
Joey Barton
Craig Bellamy
Tony Coleman
Willie Donachie
Harry Dowd
Mike (Tommy) Doyle [He loved United about as much as we do!]
Gerry Gow
Alf Inge Haaland [He has a potential reply to United's all-time #1 bully.]
Nigel de Jong
Francis Lee

We'd get hammered! I could easily put together 2 or 3 United bully teams.

They're the ones who won the trophies!

Gotta go... Can't find Cat or cat, so will visit the Red camp to cheer them up with a bit of logistics instead.

BTW, If you want another laugh, read this.

Last edited:
VICIOUS CITY AND UNITED TEAMS

Back in the 60s and 70s when the magic sponge would cure a broken leg, it was a different game.

United had more than their fair share, but we had a few Vinnie Jones types too.

Who would you pick for a City team, on the basis that if we had 3 walking wounded at 90 minuites and United had two, we'd probably win? nb. George Best eventually got booked for nearly getting Glyn Pardoe's leg amputated!

I'm sticking to the first half of the alphabet (in order), but anyone's welcome if they've played for City.

Mario Balotelli
Joey Barton
Craig Bellamy
Tony Coleman
Willie Donachie
Harry Dowd
Mike (Tommy) Doyle [He loved United about as much as we do!]
Gerry Gow
Alf Inge Haaland [He has a potential reply to United's all-time #1 bully.]
Nigel de Jong
Francis Lee

We'd get hammered! I could easily put together 2 or 3 United bully teams.

They're the ones who won the trophies!

Gotta go... Can't find Cat or cat, so will visit the Red camp to cheer them up with a bit of logistics instead.

BTW, If you want another laugh, read this.

What a sad pathetic loser Alex Ferguson is he won't accept we took his premiership title of him. So what does he do? well it will take you 100 years to catch up to us that is what he has quoted. For your information SAF we don't need 100 years just this once was enough just to see your miserable face and your team get a stuffing. Until next season you sour faced git.

Jeez miggy let it go ffs,at least he did admit that you deserved it

“It is a fantastic achievement by our neighbours as it is the hardest league to win in the world and anyone who wins it, deserves it.”

Jeez miggy let it go ffs,at least he did admit that you deserved it

“It is a fantastic achievement by our neighbours as it is the hardest league to win in the world and anyone who wins it, deserves it.”

Don't worry wiz we are cool.
goggles-penguin.gif

Don't worry wiz we are cool.
goggles-penguin.gif

According to my mum, Roy Orbison was a drug addict because he wore shades.
In reality, it only became his trademark after leaving his standard glasses on a plane, but I'm now wondering about your penguin Miggy. He does look like he's done a couple of Es.

On second thoughts, I don't think so, but if he shares Elton John's fashion sense when it comes to sunglasses, he might possibly be gay.

Naw... I have to dismiss that thought too. Whoever heard of gay penguins on DW? <bg>

Last edited:
According to my mum, Roy Orbison was a drug addict because he wore shades.
In reality, it only became his trademark after leaving his standard glasses on a plane, but I'm now wondering about your penguin Miggy. He does look like he's done a couple of Es.

On second thoughts, I don't think so, but if he shares Elton John's fashion sense when it comes to sunglasses, he might possibly be gay.

Naw... I have to dismiss that thought too. Whoever heard of gay penguins on DW? <bg>

Haha it's twue it's twue they do exist :)

Haha it's twue it's twue they do exist :)

That explains it...

The club, G.A.Y. in London stands for Good Antarctic Yellow-eyed.

nb. The Yellow-eyed penguin really does exist! (Megadyptes antipodes)

So The Candy Bar in London is for lesbian sugar-loving species?

Before anyone accuses us of being off-topic, we'll be getting to gay penguin City supporters soon.

Last edited:
I was going to make a joke post about lesbian penguins at the Etihad, but decided that even by my own standards, it would have been in bad taste. That's saying something!

So instead, I'll update the few local burglars who aren't scared of my killer cats, about my forthcoming hospital visit. In my absence, my likely caretaker is a seriously hard New Yorker who doesn't believe in Queensbury Rules.

Apparently in NYC, intruders are assumed to be there to kill you. People react accordingly and ask questions later. It's all new carpet too. EEK!

To save me organising an escape committee to watch the semi-finals, the butcher's assistant has agreed to postpone it. I now go in on Independence ("We beat the Brits") Day and get carved up on the 5th.

I hope the surgeon leaves a Rolex inside, but knowing my luck it'll be a £3 imitation Timex.

All this hassle for a brain transplant eh?

Last edited:
I was going to make a joke post about lesbian penguins at the Etihad, but decided that even by my own standards, it would have been in bad taste. That's saying something!

So instead, I'll update the few local burglars who aren't scared of my killer cats, about my forthcoming hospital visit. In my absence, my likely caretaker is a seriously hard New Yorker who doesn't believe in Queensbury Rules.

Apparently in NYC, intruders are assumed to be there to kill you. People react accordingly and ask questions later. It's all new carpet too. EEK!

To save me organising an escape committee to watch the semi-finals, the butcher's assistant has agreed to postpone it. I now go in on Independence ("We beat the Brits") Day and get carved up on the 5th.

I hope the surgeon leaves a Rolex inside, but knowing my luck it'll be a £3 imitation Timex.

All this hassle for a brain transplant eh?

Basil my good man this is the Manchester City thread. Try fun and laughter for your jokes or even the Man United thread them bunch of losers need cheering up mate. Ffs

Basil my good man this is the Manchester City thread. Try fun and laughter for your jokes or even the Man United thread them bunch of losers need cheering up mate. Ffs
Fair comment Miggy. Sorry folks. Any news on City's pre-season fixtures yet? Arsenal in China excepted, It all seemed a bit up in the air when I last checked.

Dont worry Basil2 m8,pretty soon miggy will be begging you to post as this thread starts its downward spiral ;)

You lot are quick to turn on each other eh miggy pmsl

Dont worry Basil2 m8,pretty soon miggy will be begging you to post as this thread starts its downward spiral ;)

You lot are quick to turn on each other eh miggy pmsl

Wiz m8 the party hasn't started yet m8. I was informing young Basil about the basic rudiments of the Man City thread pmpl. Begging wiz? no although there does seem to be a lot of shy Man City supporters on here at the minute hmm.Time will tell my mate. ;)

I do like the young Basil part lol

Sent from my X10i using Tapatalk 2

I do like the young Basil part lol

Not as much as I do!

On the news today, they showed some posh bloke with an equally dodgy SOH come out of hospital.
Compared with this HRH fellow I'm well young. :)

Back