Making a pot of chips.

You never heard of Veda or veggie roll...my goodness we must have the most delicious foods you lot never heard off.

Veda bread, butter and a whack of cheese....real comfort food. Its really nice toasted aswell.

It must be a N Ireland thing m8.lol:proud:

We always blanch first rest then re-fry at work, chips always crispy on the outside soft in the middle.

at home oven chips dont even own a fryer.

They are great m8... whats a square sausage m8?... heard that here before.

lol, square sausage, yum.

An essential component of any breakfast :)

It's sausage meat that is packed into approximately 3"x 2" logs, then cut into approx 1cm slices and either fried or grilled.

There is no skin.

Getting all nostalgic now but i remember my dad slices up left over new potatoes from the day before and frying them in the pan.
Also chucking all the other left overs and making a pan of bubble and squeak.
Not had that for years.

Andy,

lol, square sausage, yum.

An essential component of any breakfast :)

It's sausage meat that is packed into approximately 3"x 2" logs, then cut into approx 1cm slices and either fried or grilled.

There is no skin.

It's similar to veg roll then.

I'm starving. I will have to order something now.

It's similar to veg roll then.

There is no vegetables in it though mate.

It's pure beef or any other type of Sausage meat, bulked out with typical sausage ingredients such as Rusk, usually they are slightly spiced.

We probably all use the same ingredients in our fry ups, it's just that we have different names for them depending on where you are in the UK.

I'm starving. I will have to order something now.

Same here mate, lol

Last edited:
Getting all nostalgic now but i remember my dad slices up left over new potatoes from the day before and frying them in the pan.
Also chucking all the other left overs and making a pan of bubble and squeak.
Not had that for years.

Andy,

We always use to have bubble and squeek when we were kids from all the Sunday dinner leftovers delicious.

They are great m8... whats a square sausage m8?... heard that here before.

they sell em in Farmfoods, think they are also called 'lorne', 'lorn', 'lourne' sausage, forgive my spelling attempts. Rather tasty and perfect on a cheese toastie.

they sell em in Farmfoods, think they are also called 'lorne', 'lorn', 'lourne' sausage, forgive my spelling attempts. Rather tasty and perfect on a cheese toastie.

those pink plastic things?

no m8... square sausage is from the butchers ;)

I will give them a go m8 sound good.

The stuff they sell in Farmfoods is not a good example of Sliced (square) Sausage, it's very poor quality and filed with all sorts of artificial flavours etc.

What you need is a real Butcher to prepare them from fresh beef.

I am not knocking the big supermarkets cos some of their fish counters are excellent BUT for meat, you just cannot beat a local butchers, so much better varity and they just have that special customer service which is lacking in many places now.

The stuff they sell in Farmfoods is not a good example of Sliced (square) Sausage, it's very poor quality and filed with all sorts of artificial flavours etc.

What you need is a real Butcher to prepare them from fresh beef.

alas, there is not a butchers shop for many miles where I live, supermarkets closed them all down :(

alas, there is not a butchers shop for many miles where I live, supermarkets closed them all down :(

We've lost a few local butchers too, most of them in the town centre. :(

Luckily we still have a few excellent Butchers still trading away with very loyal customers, it'll be a cold day in Hell when these places go under to the supermarkets.

Back