Magic switch fitting???

johnocar

Inactive User
Reaction score
Has anyone fitted one of these 3-part magic switches for a PS2 Slim?,It's used wiv swap-magic but despite searching I can't find any tuts or guides anywhere guys!

Thanks mate,I saw that site and pics earlier but sadly the diagrams do vary a bit from mine,Mine is the recent 70053 version

If you have got the PS2 open you could use the 'tape and tissue' method.

Whereby you tape the rear sensor on the motherboard (electrical, duct tape or normal sticky tape have all been utilised in the past) and carefully stuff a piece of tissue into the flip-lid sensor and the front.

it works as I done mine today :Hit:
but please tape up like little pob said as I lost a bit down the middle :(
lucily it was only the bit that holds the disc slide thing accross so Ive wedged it for now
anyone know how u take the PS2 apart ? havent looked proper but cant seem to see any screws

i took mine apart (warrenty was gone anyway)

there is some 6 screws rat they are hidden under the pads (square thingys) at the bottom of the machine....

have a look in this forum someone posted a picture of howto take the slim apart (n one of my threads m8y)

REgards
Mickie D

cheers Pob was just about to search ..saved me a job
ta m8

Am I right in saying that without using Part C on the magic switch you can put a piece of tape over the sensor inside?,I've tried opening it but it doesn't lift up on the right side only the left is there a knack or summat?
Or am I looking at earlier versions Guys!
Thanks in advance

are u having troubles fitting tool c ? or will it not fit at all ?
do u have the Pro version ? if so it just covers the lense so I spoze as long as its covered in some way it dosent need to be the D part if u dont have the pro version

I found part c easy to fit just make sure the final push down tool c is straight and with a little pressure it will click into place ;)

Last edited:
Yes Mate it doesn't seem to click down or slot in very well at all!,I've had a good look at various images etc perhapsI'm doing summat wrong,It seems to go in so far then absolutely going nowhere!!!!!!!: bat : : bat : : bat :I only got 3 bits wiv it if that helps!!
SWAP-MAGIC-3-PLUS-v3-6-MAGIC-SWITCH-NEW_W0QQitemZ8242435668QQcategoryZ11319QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem
This pic is exactly the same as mine!!

Last edited:
3 bits means u aint got the pro u may need Magic keys 2 otherwise u need to take the cover off (remeber voids warrentee) and cover the lense inside
that I havent done so I cant help u there

Rat

yeah I think your'e right mate!,I've already naffed the warranty and I think I've been sent the wrong switch mine needs the one that covers the lens!,But the case is a little tricky as I'm only able to lift one side!,Having done a bit of a read-up I think a bit of tape will suffice .THANKS mate you've certainly helped!!!!

hope u get it sorted m8 ,please post and let us know ;)

Rat said:
3 bits means u aint got the pro u may need Magic keys 2 otherwise u need to take the cover off (remeber voids warrentee) and cover the lense inside
that I havent done so I cant help u there

Rat

i have three bits on my magic switch pro

Magic Switch has 3 bits
Magic Switch Pro has 4 bits

:santa:

the 4th bit (Tool D) is used if Tool C does not fit (in some models) there isnt enough gap for it to slide down,then tool D fits over the lense inside the console :)

Back